O.C. Tanner Reviews
78% would recommend to a friend
(446 total reviews)
85% approve of CEO
What people are saying about O.C. Tanner
Got a burning question about O.C. Tanner? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with O.C. Tanner employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "People are great and really committed to the success of the company." (in 56 reviews)
- "Benefits are great and the future of the company is bright." (in 44 reviews)
- "The culture is great and from day one you truly feel welcomed." (in 39 reviews)
- "Good Work Life balance" (in 17 reviews)
- "They have good bonuses but bad packages" (in 16 reviews)
- "Low pay raises that are based on performance but never really make sense" (in 21 reviews)
- "Bad management makes all the difference." (in 19 reviews)
- "There is little or no direction from managers and it is common for managers to throw their subordinates 'under the bus.'" (in 11 reviews)
- "Low salaries." (in 6 reviews)
- "Work from home has been great, but I miss the food from the onsite cafe at the office." (in 6 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of O.C. Tanner and is not affected by filters.
Found 446 of over 468 reviews
Updated Nov 27, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.0Nov 27, 2023Client Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSalt Lake City, UT
Family-oriented, Mon-Fri, Hybrid schedule, Gym on site, free coffee.
Low pay, low pay raises, busy, difficult to move departments,
- 5.0Aug 10, 2023Client StrategistCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
The Executive Team at O.C. Tanner really cares about it's employees. Working at O.C. Tanner during the pandemic really solidified that for me. They were doing everything they could to make sure we were getting what we needed. I couldn't imagine working for a different company during that time. I do believe that they make business decisions with all employees in mind. Additional Pros for me are: -They have really great benefits like an onsite health center and onsite cafeteria -Flexibility and Work Life Balance -Good leadership in my department -Employee autonomy - The people are amazing
There is a lot of long tenure which is great but it also means things you aren't going to see openings for management positions incredibly often.1
- 5.0Sep 15, 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSalt Lake City, UT
O.C. Tanner does a great job of taking care of their employees. We have free lunch on Thursdays and Fridays every week, there are opportunities for growth, and management is easy to talk to when it comes to understanding what needs to happen for projects to get done.
Like most companies, there is office politics that sometimes get in the way of progress and innovation.2
- 2.0Oct 9, 2023Configuration SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSalt Lake City, UT
Co workers are great, food is good.
Poor pay, poor training, not transparent, bad management
- 5.0Oct 9, 2023Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Great people and culture. Good work life balance. You feel that the company practices what they preach.
Product hard to sell, sales cycle can take years to close
- 4.0Sep 15, 2023Client Success SpecialistCurrent EmployeeSalt Lake City, UT
Great hybrid schedule and respect of boundaries around time. Work-life balance definitely achievable. People are great and really committed to the success of the company.
There's a lot of talk about the future, greater clients, greater products and the solution of most current issues and concerns will be solved overtime. Can be frustrating when the need is now.
- 5.0Aug 21, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
O.C. Tanner has the most amazing Culture. Leadership is so supportive. They listen and take action. I truly feel valued and am recognized for all of the work that is done. Employees support each other.
No cons to report on.1
O.C. Tanner Reviews FAQs
O.C. Tanner has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 468 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at O.C. Tanner to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
78% of O.C. Tanner employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated O.C. Tanner 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.