KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 339 of over 357 reviews

3.9
O.C. Tanner CEO Dave Petersen
Dave Petersen
Pros
  • "o.c tanner(in 31 reviews)

• "Great People, Great Products/Services, Great Support Systems(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "o.c tanner(in 11 reviews)

• "OC Tanner has a reputation to maximize on career martyrs for the company(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Consulting

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of O.C. Tanner and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Love it here

Jan 4, 2022 - Inside Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for this company for 3 years now. They really do care about their people. Every year we have a company meeting that I always tear up at, because you can tell that they want to give back. We're doing our best to succeed by treating our people well. Work-life balance is great, and leadership sees you.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a long time to realize something isn't working. As in, we try an idea for too long instead of moving onto something else that might work better. Innovation doesn't happen fast enough to keep up.

3 people found this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Current Employee

NOT allowing work from home during omicron

Jan 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Average pay, good bonuses, good 401k match, onsite cafeteria and health clinic, decent benefits.

Cons

Unless you work in IT you have to be in the office Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday every week. We went to a hybrid schedule last August and it doesn’t offer much flexibility for most employees. We were told we need to be together to have meetings and face to face interactions. But last week because of high omnicron numbers we were told we still have to come into work but once we arrive we must wear masks and avoid each other! We are being asked to come in put on a mask and stay at least 6 feet away from each other. Why? Why are we expected to be in the office when we can’t work or meet together? Why is the company risking hundreds of people being together for no reason during this outbreak? Our numbers are so high that schools have gone remote so why are we not given the option to work from home? Is it about control? Over safety and common sense? We were successful working remote for 16 months, and we can’t meet together or work together at work so please let us work remote until omnicron calms down and the mask mandate is lifted in Salt Lake.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Nice place to work but lacks diversity

Dec 29, 2021 - ITS
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with O.C. Tanner for five years and mostly enjoy my job. The benefits are very good, and nearly everyone, from management down, is genuinely nice. O.C. Tanner has built its reputation on employee recognition, and it shows. The company truly values work/life balance and provides generous PTO and more than the average number of holidays off. The management strives for transparency. I'm not sure they fully achieve it, but they do try. For the most part, I feel appreciated and not overworked.

Cons

The company seriously lacks diversity. There are only two women in the C-suite, one of whom is a person of color. The rest of the C-suite is comprised of white males, almost all of the dominant religion in Utah. I find this highly problematic because with lack of diversity comes lack of progressive thinking. This brings me to my next issue, which is that the company is not moving in the right direction in terms of flexibility. Nearly the entire workforce of OCT worked remotely for 18 months during the pandemic. We had a record-breaking year of profitability. So what does management do? Force everyone back into the office. Yup, no more flexibility. Employees do have the option of working remotely twice a week (Thursday and Friday only), but why be so rigid about this? Why punish employees when there were no issues with people working from home? Just the opposite in fact. This circles around to the lack of forward thinking. Many companies are now not only allowing, but encouraging, remote work. Some companies don't even have an office space. Part of the reason OCT lacks diversity is because it hires only local candidates, and Utah is one of the least diverse states. Finally, the pay could be better, but the company is very, very generous with bonuses.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Used to be a 5-star company but things have changed.

Sep 24, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home if you’re in Sales, great 401k match, above average benefits. And there are some amazing people there.

Cons

Questionable decisions made by leadership, especially in the past 1-2 years. Cons- Account segmentation, elimination of the ADM role, much lower pay than competitors, no career path for Sales unless there’s an open MD position, just to name a few. Not to mention the lagging technology. When leadership blew up the sales structure in early 2021, ADMs had to either apply and formally interview for the AE role, or accept a severance package. (Which was on the far low end of what companies typically offer) The way the process was handled didn’t align with a people-first culture and leadership showed a complete lack of empathy throughout.

14 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0

More talk than walk

Jan 17, 2022 - Vice President in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly environment and positive workplace.

Cons

Leadership does not always push the boundaries.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Nice People but pay is not keeping up with inflation or competition

Oct 26, 2021 - Corporate Projects Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Manager and Director level talent that listen to employees and encourage career growth. Better 401k match than most companies, decent health benefits (used to be very competitive, but other industries have caught up and really offer very similar benefits nowadays) Bonuses are decent.

Cons

VP/Senior VP leaders are not aware of the competitive market in the area. They insist that pay is sufficient, but it does not compare to the huge tech market in the area. Company loses its best employees to competitors constantly, it's almost always related to pay. Mediocre pay attracts mediocre talent which puts extra responsibility on talented team members to pick up the slack, this leads to burn out in many departments like product, client services, IT, purchasing, operations support. Many departments are paid hourly, but OT is restricted. Bonuses for hourly employees are not that great, even after the company restructured the bonus structure. Company and leadership is constantly bragging about company growth, but regular employees get none of the benefits of that growth. Seems like leadership is just padding their pockets with bonuses for company growth that employees don't get.

7. 3.0

14.00

Jan 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Low pay says it is because of bonus.

Cons

Rude people, gossip, only train who they want

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The Best I've Ever Had

Nov 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

O.C. Tanner has the best benefits of any company I have worked at during my entire career. They take care of everyone equally - from janitor to CEO!

Cons

O.C. Tanner is a large company, so sometimes its hard to get to know everyone or have the opportunity to work with them.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Sep 17, 2021 - Manufacturer in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of room for growth, everyone is kind, lots of benefits and raises and bonuses, control of your environment and work space.

Cons

Sometimes your group leads don't interact with you at all and leave you guessing on what they want, if you don't work well with other people you won't last long, you can be let go if your coworkers don't like you. Some group leads can micromanage and treat you like a robot with very strict rules that they don't lay out for you.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Top 100 Best Places to Work In US

Nov 22, 2021 - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employee Recognition huge deal. Love working here.

Cons

We work hard. They expect a lot but we get a lot.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 339 Reviews

O.C. Tanner Reviews FAQs

O.C. Tanner has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 357 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at O.C. Tanner to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, O.C. Tanner employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at O.C. Tanner. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

69% of O.C. Tanner employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated O.C. Tanner 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at O.C. Tanner to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with O.C. Tanner Job Seekers