Cover image for O.C. Tanner

132 Comments

Consulting

436.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=O.C. Tanner~7910
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about O.C. Tanner? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with O.C. Tanner employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great purpose and people.(in 47 reviews)
  • "Benefits are great and the future of the company is bright.(in 36 reviews)
  • "The culture is great and from day one you truly feel welcomed.(in 32 reviews)
  • "Really smart and great employees.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Great bonuses worked with many many people I loved it felt like a family(in 13 reviews)
Cons
  • "Because of the low pay the balance of work and life is skewed because people have to work more than 1 job to make ends meet.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Bad management makes all the difference.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Sales leadership is clueless.(in 11 reviews)
  • "There is little or no direction from managers and it is common for managers to throw their subordinates 'under the bus.'(in 10 reviews)
  • "Work from home has been great, but I miss the food from the onsite cafe at the office.(in 7 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of O.C. Tanner and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Good place to work

Jan 17, 2023 - Account Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive environment and great culture, want to develop and promote from inside

Cons

not the best at paying well

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

It’s alright

Jan 18, 2023 - Purchasing Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company. I feel like it’s a stable place.

Cons

Terrible management in this area.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

They as awesome

Dec 30, 2022 - Production Assembler in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, great management, teamwork

Cons

None ,great company to work for

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jan 12, 2023 - Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture in local office and global offices. Management truly care about their people and give back to charity. Great leadership. Genuinely love working here. It’s a wonderful feeling to be recognised for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated. Opportunities to travel for work.

Cons

Salary is mid-range average for the state. The product is less modern than it could be in my own opinion. The involvement from global team can make it slow to get things done quickly (local is fine though). Unsure if there are any opportunities for career growth.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Low pay

Jan 9, 2023 - Manufacturing in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great teammates ,good benefits, good cafeteria

Cons

Low pay, management does care about people

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Retailiatory firing

Jan 4, 2023 - Systems Administrator in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great technology Great teammates Necessary experience Local food New role

Cons

Low pay Left in dark as to how I'm performing (not all managers did this) Cult of personality leadership No notice of job loss Laid off within 2 minutes and cut off (super rough way to lose a job)

7. 2.0

It Depends

Dec 26, 2022 - Anonymous/Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They offer benefits immediately and a good 401K match. Upper management seemed nice.

Cons

Lack of training. I was hired for an entry level job then expected to know how to do it without a lot of training or help. My job was detailed and I couldn’t mess up but didn’t feel trained enough to do well. I bought this up to HR and my manager and her manager but no one helped me.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee

You’ll understand once your out

Nov 30, 2022 - Corporate Projects Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Forgiving culture, managers who drink the flavor-ade, company discount store. Sometimes profit sharing and bonuses. 401k is great if they pay you enough to afford to put money towards your plan.

Cons

No cost of living increases in over a decade. If you’re hourly expect penny’s in raises and expect to be appreciative. Looking back, I stayed 2 years too long. The jobs are great for entry level and getting your feet set but move on to greener pastures asap. For all the talk about employee, appreciation and culture, they miss a major piece of that, which is adequately compensating people for their work. If you are in any client success role, you need to get your experience and leverage that toward a real salary elsewhere

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company, despite antiquated approach

Nov 12, 2022 - Engineering Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is still mostly good.

Cons

Outdated leadership at the executive level, lack of focus on technology, church-centric culture

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Shipping and receiving

Nov 6, 2022 - Shipping and Receiving
    Business Outlook

Pros

great place to work for. very friend environment

Cons

I don't think anything bad for this company

Viewing 1 - 10 of 400 Reviews

O.C. Tanner Reviews FAQs

O.C. Tanner has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 420 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at O.C. Tanner to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, O.C. Tanner employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at O.C. Tanner. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

76% of O.C. Tanner employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated O.C. Tanner 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at O.C. Tanner to be benefits, culture, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, management, career development.

Popular Careers with O.C. Tanner Job Seekers