O'Regan's Automotive Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Patrick O'Regan
1 Rating

1. "Has to be the right fit"

Former Employee - Sales in Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I worked at O'Regan's Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people. Nice locations. Above average benifits

Cons

Must convince people into decisons that they may other wise not make. Have to tell customers what ratings to give on survey before survey is given to customer. Must sort out your own messes and deal with customers who should be speaking to others at dealership.

Advice to Management

Keep sales people focused so they aren't responsible for after sales support. Ensure other dealership employees are doing the work with customers that should be done.

2. "Appointment Coordinator"

I worked at O'Regan's Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Amazing benefits, relatively decent salary, no university education needed, friendly and approachable management. Bonuses available. Recognition of hard work throughout the company. Employee appreciation days.

Cons

Anti-union, can't talk openly about salaries, relatively stagnant career advancement. Low salaries if you're raising children or have other dependents.

Advice to Management

In order to have proper job/pay equality between men and women, and white people and people of colour, open discussion of salaries needs to be allowed.

"Great services offered to clients"

I worked at O'Regan's Automotive Group full-time

Pros

I have bought five cars from this dealer over the last few years. I also helped purchase three more cars over the last year for my family. he makes it very easy for me. He gives me a great price without having to negotiate, but more importantly, he gives me great trade in value which is hard to find. He also goes out of his way to make it easy for me. I give him many challenges, yet he steps up to the plate and knocks it out of the park. he gives excellent customer service and follows up. I know I can trust this dealership and call them with any problem.

Cons

Sometimes they delay in services related to big cars

Advice to Management

"Large discrepencies between what was promised upon hiring vs. what was received"

Current Employee - Selection Specialist in Dartmouth, NS (Canada)
    Current Employee - Selection Specialist in Dartmouth, NS (Canada)

Pros

Fair benefits package, modern facilities, well-recognized name in the industry, good community support from owners, relatively good safety record as a workplace

Cons

Too may hours expected of sales employees, many unpaid hours expected, lack of communication from management at all levels to lower worker levels, non-transparent sales procedures that alienate customers, not living up to their "Driving Higher Standards" credo.

Advice to Management

Stop telling sales employees that they should be working on their off shifts and days off, make sales procedures to the customers more transparent, don't expect commission earners to perform maual labour tasks for no pay (hire workers to do it), take care of the business in front of you instead of wandering off on your text messages/cell phones every other minute, start driving higher standards

6. "Low Paying jobs"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dartmouth, NS (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dartmouth, NS (Canada)

Pros

Well run successful family business, ethical

Cons

very low salary / long hours / this company has a high turnover because of the low salary which is vad for morale

Advice to Management

Consider doing salary reviews of what others are paid int he industry