O'Reilly Auto Parts Reviews | Glassdoor

O'Reilly Auto Parts CEO Greg Henslee
Greg Henslee

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • They will hire nothing but part time employees then work them full time hours (in 52 reviews)

• Salary team members work long hours a week often 50-60 hrs & don't get paid a penny more because they are salary (in 50 reviews)

1. "No my first option"

Current Employee - Parts Specialist in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Parts Specialist in Roswell, GA

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts (More than a year)

Pros

Discount on parts and employee benefits (if you are full time employee) other than that the discount is make this job worthwhile

Cons

Make it a big deal when you ask for a raise that you deserve and poor management that doesn't acknowledge your work you do for the company

Advice to Management

If you care for your employees they will take care of your customers

2. "No Stability"

Former Employee - Delivery Specialist in Bremerton, WA
    Former Employee - Delivery Specialist in Bremerton, WA

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None None None None NONE

Cons

Cut all employees hours to meet some quota, most employees were down to 8 hours a week.

3. "If you're LGBTQ don't work there!!"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are not management training is decent. Good about working you your max hours. Easy computer system. Parts discount is pretty good

Cons

Supervisor positions do NOT get the required training you really need. Most higher up positions have a month training if you are lucky!! If you are LGBTQ and you work there, they will find a way to get rid of you!! Also if you purchase anything from them keep receipts because once you're gone they delete all of your purchases history and no if no receipt you're literally screwed!!

Advice to Management

Work elsewhere

4. "Very low pay, Management is very unexperienced and unprofessional. This place is a cesspool for drama and rumors."

Current Employee - Assistant Transportation Supervisor in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Transportation Supervisor in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Don't work weekends or holidays. Good employee discount. If you're interested in being a warehouse worker and are lazy with no drive and want a place to show up,duck out and hide or call in sick everyday but yet still collect a paycheck, this is the place to work

Cons

Where should I begin?!?.... HR will announce your business to everyone. Confidentiality is a joke here. Most of the management team here is very unexperienced and unprofessional. They act as though this is their very first ever supervisor role. The want to be their team member's buddy all the time. The pay here is very low. About the equivalent to working fast food or at Walmart as a greeter. The health insurance sucks and doesn't cover much. Dental insurance is more like a coupon. Most services are not covered. Company will put a lot of money into their executives bank accounts and into the Stores themselves. Everything else suffers lack of funding. Morale is horrible and there is about 78% turnover. Good stepping stone for the next job........

Advice to Management

Treat and pay your supervisor team better. Hire more qualified people for the roles they are in. Stop trying to just "plug a hole" with a body.

5. "Employee Review"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

'Most parts sold have a lifetime warranty easily tracked for the customer through the "O'Rewards Program

Cons

Badly understaffed stores creating lines of people, most waiting to make simple purchases. Poor pay produces staffing that reflects the pay.

Advice to Management

Evaluate the compensation in terms of the ROI. This would also have a positive impact on internal theft.

6. "Terrible Company to Work For"

Current Employee - RSS in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - RSS in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They pay more than minimum wage.

Cons

Where to begin... I was hired with the promise of full time after a while. My health began to deteriorate after a year and I asked to be made full time
    so I could afford health insurance. I was told they couldn't afford the hours.

Over the next few months a female manager hired 2 new female full time employees and made 2 current female workers full time. Even after I explained that I really needed the hours to get my health taken care of, they didn't care one bit.

When management has a problem with something you do, they write passive aggressive notes and post them behind the counter. Sometimes it's obvious who they're directed at, but sometimes it's not. When everyone knows who it is directed at they are being extremely unprofessional since this should be done privately in the office. And they've even threatened some employees jobs in a note that was so vague, no one knew who it was directed at...

Management is obviously sexist. There's a "girl club" mentality at my store. If you're "one of the girls" you can expect whatever hours you need, whatever days off you want, etc. I was sick with an upper respiratory infection and 103 degree fever recently and they threatened to write me up if I didn't come to work even though I could barely stand.

Some of the people you work with are alright. Most of them are not. Especially at stores with cliques. If you're not one of them (in my case female) then you get talked about behind your back and people straight up lie to get you in trouble. The worst thing is that because management is a part of this clique, they'll believe whatever someone in the clique says, even when I have literal evidence to the contrary. They just ignore it as if I didn't just show them something that makes the lie that was told impossible.

My medical condition requires me to not sit or stand for extended periods of time. They could easily fix this by providing a chair for me, since my job is mostly working with the computer. They don't because they have a no sitting policy. They don't want people to look too lazy for the customers. Even when medically required.

All in all, I'd say don't take the chance working here. I've heard some people say they love it. And I'm sure there are some great stores out there. If you know someone who will honestly tell you what it's like for them working at a particular store, then you can take a chance. Otherwise, steer clear!

Advice to Management

I can't honestly think of any way to save this store. Management is so far gone that this store will never be decent as long as that management team remains.

The company itself has some great ideas, but there's a huge disconnect between corporate and the stores. If they did a better job at making sure their values were being enforced, it might not be such a bad place to work.

7. "Assistant manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Dickinson, ND
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Dickinson, ND

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no best reasons to work for oreilly

Cons

Oreilly auto parts is NOT an equal opportunity employer

Advice to Management

Does no good to speak to Oreilly management

8. "Parts"

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time

Pros

They feel woman shouldnt drive or be able to work at Oreillys

Cons

Altamonte springs can never deliver on time

"Company"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts (More than a year)

Pros

Employee discount closing hours ok not too late

Cons

Pay low no advancement employees r required to do installation but r not paid for it that's wrong that might b against the law

Advice to Management

Treat everyone fairly and no favoritism also managers take hour lunch but only clock out for half hour that's stealing

10. "Worst management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Forest Park, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Forest Park, GA

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts (More than a year)

Pros

I tried to think of anything good to say about this company but i cant.

Cons

The whole place is a headache

Advice to Management

Get it together. If you cant manage let someone else do it, stop pretending to try to do your job. It only hurts the team members who are trying to work. Stop treating employees like crap. Hire more people so we dont have to do the work of 10 people alone. Theres too much more.

Showing 156 of 1,202 reviews