O'Reilly Auto Parts Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
O'Reilly Auto Parts CEO Greg Henslee
Greg Henslee

Pros
  • Great employee discount on parts (in 63 reviews)

• Manager is very accommodating to Team Members schedule and the employee discount is great (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • Also they only really hire part time employees and work them full time hours so they don't have to give you a raise/insurance (in 51 reviews)

• No comp days for salaried team members who work more than a 5 day work week (in 44 reviews)

1. "O reilly distribution center"

Current Employee - Material Handler in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Material Handler in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have quarterly luncheons for employees

Cons

All u r is just a worker, supervisors don't really care about u and they rarely do work to help u.

Advice to Management

Care more about ur employees and actually get out there n do the same work as ur employees for a day.

2. "Million Dollar Company Cheap Cheap Cheap"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Norwood, MA
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Norwood, MA

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are cheap cheap cheap and management is brain washed

Cons

Take for instants, they send me to a lube garage for an oil change, instead of a quick lube joint like Jiffy Lube. The manger gives me a container of motor oil 5 qts. and a filter to give to the guy, and tell him to change the oil with O'Reillys Oil. That's like going to a restaurant with your date and telling the waitress to tell the cook (chief) to cook the fish you brought with you along with potato's, Company is screwed up

Advice to Management

Get un-brain washed,

"A Former Full-time Salary Employee"

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time

Pros

A huge company with lots of job opportunities thru-out the company. Great Employee Discounts at the stores.

Cons

Horrible work to home-life balance. If you take a job here know that this job comes first in your life. Salary team members work long hours a week often 50-60 hrs & don't get paid a penny more because they are salary. Also upper management has a tendency to put people in charge who talk a good game but might not really know as much as they portray. If you are that type of person that has no family or real social life, likes working long hours & can boast about yourself to fool people & elevate your position, then this is the right company for you!

Advice to Management

If you put in as much effort into looking into the complaints about certain managers as you do looking into those same managers complaints about their workers, you would probably see the departments issues might just lie with the management & not the people under them. Then you can correct the situation before it gets out of hand & have a productive work environment.

5. "Store Manager"

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not many really but good parts procurement

Cons

Antiquated systems and low pay with long hours make this job not worth it

Advice to Management

Update your systems especially where inventory is concerned

6. "For the most part, I liked working for the company, O'Reilly's seems to run a sound company."

Current Employee - Training Store Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Training Store Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team members are able & willing with the right guidance, computer training system is straight forward and easy to understand, most store managers in the general area are knowledgeable and eager to help solve issues.

Cons

Lack of a team mentality, untruthful management, favoritism, a lot of bosses and not many leaders, lack of training available, most training done with computers (can be helpful, but not good enough), very little interaction with management (Management has a "figure it out on your own" mentality). The Bay Area chapter, I feel that the people running the area have pulled the wool over their superior's eyes.There are quite a few bad apples in upper management positions. The overall feeling is that most all employees are regarded as simply numbers and therefore never receive the guidance necessary to be successful in the company, or any other auto parts company for that matter.

Advice to Management

Be straight forward with employees that come into the company, lying about compensation, locations and training is bad business and makes the company as a whole look very bad. Also, stop treating the lower level employees like they are just numbers, show them more opportunity and training. Lastly, actually support ALL employees the same, be there when people need you.

7. "Fired because of bad weather."

Former Employee - Returns RMF Line in Puyallup, WA
    Former Employee - Returns RMF Line in Puyallup, WA

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are great to work with.

Cons

Little to no room advancement. They could pay a couple dollars more, especially for their physically demanding jobs. The biggest complaint I have is that I was fired for being late two days this last month, and by only a couple minutes, due to inclement weather. I can't control the weather and I let them know ahead of time that I was gonna be late. I even stayed an extra 15-20 minutes at the end of the day to make up for the late arrivals. But they didn't care. I was in the top 5 for productivity almost every week. So it baffles me that they would fire someone who works hard and was late a couple minutes due to some bad weather.

Advice to Management

Figure out your priorities. Don't fire hardworking people because of stupid things. There is a reason your turn over rate is so high and a lot of people don't like working there.

8. "Good for retirees only."

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts part-time

Pros

Close to home, easy commute.

Cons

Low wage, schedule always changes so it's impossible to plan other things around the job. I asked for full time and a raise after my 90 day review. Got over 130 days now and still waiting! This after the regional manager supposedly approving it! Zero benefits for part time workers. Lots of training required that amounts to what most people learn at school and home. This job may suit retirees that have other income to life on or maybe a young kid living with parents. They continue to hire new drivers as I think this is an excuse not to give raises to their current employees. Also, cell phone use at the location I worked at is ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Pay a living wage. Keep your word about raises!

"Too much drama. Grown employees act like 2nd graders.."

Former Employee - Delivery Driver
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts part-time

Pros

Easy work, decent work environment

Cons

To much drama. Adults acting like children

Advice to Management

Replace district and store manager

10. "Overworked and Underpaid"

Former Employee - Commercial Sales Manager in Mount Clemens, MI
    Former Employee - Commercial Sales Manager in Mount Clemens, MI

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Meet lots of interesting people, good experience in retail management. Store Manager did the best they could for their employees and always go to bat for you.

Cons

Over worked, understaffed, impossible to move up, underpaid. Management is buddy system based. No one in upper management really knows what its like dealing with customers.

Advice to Management

Pay better

11. "Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Madisonville, KY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Madisonville, KY

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

For the most part great team members.

Cons

Pay is below average. Cannot keep good team members due to low pay so constant change in staff and no parts knowledge. 50+ hours including working holidays and when someone calls in. Poor upper management.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees so they can feel good about themselves and stay with the company.

Showing 172 of 1,082 reviews