O'Reilly Auto Parts 1,046 Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
O'Reilly Auto Parts CEO Greg Henslee
Greg Henslee

1,046 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Great employee discount on parts (in 61 reviews)

• Manager is very accommodating to Team Members schedule and the employee discount is great (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • Also they only really hire part time employees and work them full time hours so they don't have to give you a raise/insurance (in 51 reviews)

• No comp days for salaried team members who work more than a 5 day work week (in 43 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Job Ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've never been so supported in my career goals or allowed the opportunity to thrive and challenge myself in my skill set!

Cons

No cons, just a natural understanding that any large company requires a level of diplomacy and compromise when balancing the goals of multiple departments.

Advice to Management

Keep building up your employees and fostering collaboration between departments!

"A company with a strong future and alot of opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

Pros

O'Reilly Auto Parts is a great place to grow your professional and personal career. There is plenty of room for advancement opportunities and a real family attitude from all management. There is not a requirement for a college degree, so anyone with a good work ethic and a good head on their shoulders can go from driving a delivery truck to running their own parts stores in a matter of a year to two years. As far as the upper management is concerned, they have great support in the corporate headquarters willing to help anyone with anything from benefits to looking up parts.

Cons

A little on the lower scale of the pay grade

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to pay people what their worth

"A Great Job to Grow With"

Current Employee - Auto Parts Specialist in Brighton, MI
    Current Employee - Auto Parts Specialist in Brighton, MI

Pros

Employees are easy to get along with, the management is wonderful, and the schedule is flexible. I work hard at my job, and I am happy where I am at.

Cons

It is a retail job, which means that you must work the weekends as well as nights, but all in all it is a great part-time job.

Advice to Management

I would wish that our hours would not get cut in the winter when it is sloooow, and I would like the Management to be easier on my Store Manager.

"Do It"

Current Employee - Part Time Sales in Belmont, NC
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales in Belmont, NC

Pros

Everything is fantastic. The best retail outlet ever!

Cons

Nothing I can think of. Really is the best.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

"RSS"

Current Employee - RSS in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - RSS in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Good people ,good parts, great support and consumer intel

Cons

wages. number of hours allotted

Advice to Management

take care of employees..everyone else does

"My experience has had its up and downs but overall it is a great place to work my manager is the best."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, OK

Pros

Some of the best things about working at O'Reilly Auto Parts is the people you work with and the customers you see or talk to everyday. We sell top of the line parts and have employees that know about cars and car parts and will go the extra mile to help out a customer when able. There are lots of opportunities to learn more and to advance in the company.

Cons

On the downside and I don't know if it is like this in all districts or stores but there is alot of the who you know and who you are friends with to get anywhere.

Advice to Management

I know there is alot for the managers to take care of paperwork, customers, inventory just to name a few things but the one thing they forget about is the employees. We do our jobs and alot of us do more than we are asked or that is expected of us once in awhile it would be nice if you would give a pat on the back to those who deserve it.

"I love my job and want to learn more."

Current Employee - Maintenance I in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Maintenance I in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

I love the hours- I am satisfied with my pay- In general O'Reilly Auto is a great place to work.

Cons

As in pretty much any warehouse to cold in the winter and to hot in the summer,

Advice to Management

Listen to the concerns of your employees, a lot of them are genuine and need to be addressed. Maybe some kind of activity committee could be reinstated. Some people want the music back in the warehouse.

"It is a pleasure to go to work every day."

Current Employee - Driver Specialist in Mableton, GA
    Current Employee - Driver Specialist in Mableton, GA

Pros

There is a good working atmosphere among employees and management. You can always feel free to talk to management about problems you might have.

Cons

The biggest downside is the weekend work. I have a sick spouse and really need the weekends off but to be fair to the rest of the team members i carry my share.

Advice to Management

I can't offer any feedback to the leadership or management because i am satisfied with the job they do. I am a driver and that is all.

"A very good place to work."

Current Employee - Driver Specialist in Pascagoula, MS
    Current Employee - Driver Specialist in Pascagoula, MS

Pros

Great Benefits... Great people to work with.

Cons

Partime employees doesn't get sick or personal days off. They get vacation but not the others. Would be nice.

Advice to Management

I would offer part time employees some personal or sick days. Maybe not as many as fulltime.

"i love my job at oreilly and the people i work with"

Current Employee - COUNTER SALES in Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - COUNTER SALES in Shreveport, LA

Pros

the people, my co workers and supervisors at 1404 are the greatest!!!!!! we are a family, we help each other to help our customers its a one for all store,

Cons

not enough counter help, we need at least two more people!!!

Showing 1,046 of 1,053 reviews