O'Reilly Auto Parts Reviews | Glassdoor

O'Reilly Auto Parts CEO Greg Henslee
Greg Henslee

1,253 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great employee discount on parts (in 75 reviews)

• You learn a lot and you get to meet all kinds of people every day (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • They will hire nothing but part time employees then work them full time hours (in 53 reviews)

• Salary team members work long hours a week often 50-60 hrs & don't get paid a penny more because they are salary (in 51 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I plan on sticking around until I retire...40-50 years down the line."

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Springfield, MO

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been here for 4 years as a Software Developer. I started as an intern and was hired on full time after I graduated and learned more through my internship and job than I ever did at the university.

My managers have always been wonderful. They are supportive in my career goals, constantly asking what they can do better to make my job here more desirable, and always lend a listening ear.

Anytime I offer up an idea for improving the way we do things, I know that it will be heard and taken seriously. I've seen drastic changes through the way the teams work together to get things done that are a direct result of team members stepping up and asking for change to better the company and the way we do things.

There's no greater reward than seeing the impact that we have on our team members and our customers. The ability to build tools to make a team member's job easier is a fantastic challenge and one that is always met with feedback and a sense of accomplishment.

Cons

The company is growing rapidly, especially at the corporate office. Things get a little tight around here, but they are activity expanding the building to make more room for our growing departments. I don't mind having a space issue if it means the company I am working for is expanding rapidly due to success.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your team members and be supportive of their ideas and aspirations in their careers. The more you empower your team members to step up and offer ideas, the larger the idea pool becomes. The larger the idea pool the better the chance of coming up with the most effective approaches to solving problems.

"A company with a strong future and alot of opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

Pros

O'Reilly Auto Parts is a great place to grow your professional and personal career. There is plenty of room for advancement opportunities and a real family attitude from all management. There is not a requirement for a college degree, so anyone with a good work ethic and a good head on their shoulders can go from driving a delivery truck to running their own parts stores in a matter of a year to two years. As far as the upper management is concerned, they have great support in the corporate headquarters willing to help anyone with anything from benefits to looking up parts.

Cons

A little on the lower scale of the pay grade

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to pay people what their worth

"A Great Job to Grow With"

Current Employee - Auto Parts Specialist in Brighton, MI
    Current Employee - Auto Parts Specialist in Brighton, MI

Pros

Employees are easy to get along with, the management is wonderful, and the schedule is flexible. I work hard at my job, and I am happy where I am at.

Cons

It is a retail job, which means that you must work the weekends as well as nights, but all in all it is a great part-time job.

Advice to Management

I would wish that our hours would not get cut in the winter when it is sloooow, and I would like the Management to be easier on my Store Manager.

"Do It"

Current Employee - Part Time Sales in Belmont, NC
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales in Belmont, NC

Pros

Everything is fantastic. The best retail outlet ever!

Cons

Nothing I can think of. Really is the best.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

"RSS"

Current Employee - RSS in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - RSS in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Good people ,good parts, great support and consumer intel

Cons

wages. number of hours allotted

Advice to Management

take care of employees..everyone else does

"My experience has had its up and downs but overall it is a great place to work my manager is the best."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, OK

Pros

Some of the best things about working at O'Reilly Auto Parts is the people you work with and the customers you see or talk to everyday. We sell top of the line parts and have employees that know about cars and car parts and will go the extra mile to help out a customer when able. There are lots of opportunities to learn more and to advance in the company.

Cons

On the downside and I don't know if it is like this in all districts or stores but there is alot of the who you know and who you are friends with to get anywhere.

Advice to Management

I know there is alot for the managers to take care of paperwork, customers, inventory just to name a few things but the one thing they forget about is the employees. We do our jobs and alot of us do more than we are asked or that is expected of us once in awhile it would be nice if you would give a pat on the back to those who deserve it.

"I love my job and want to learn more."

Current Employee - Maintenance I in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Maintenance I in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

I love the hours- I am satisfied with my pay- In general O'Reilly Auto is a great place to work.

Cons

As in pretty much any warehouse to cold in the winter and to hot in the summer,

Advice to Management

Listen to the concerns of your employees, a lot of them are genuine and need to be addressed. Maybe some kind of activity committee could be reinstated. Some people want the music back in the warehouse.

"It is a pleasure to go to work every day."

Current Employee - Driver Specialist in Mableton, GA
    Current Employee - Driver Specialist in Mableton, GA

Pros

There is a good working atmosphere among employees and management. You can always feel free to talk to management about problems you might have.

Cons

The biggest downside is the weekend work. I have a sick spouse and really need the weekends off but to be fair to the rest of the team members i carry my share.

Advice to Management

I can't offer any feedback to the leadership or management because i am satisfied with the job they do. I am a driver and that is all.

"A very good place to work."

Current Employee - Driver Specialist in Pascagoula, MS
    Current Employee - Driver Specialist in Pascagoula, MS

Pros

Great Benefits... Great people to work with.

Cons

Partime employees doesn't get sick or personal days off. They get vacation but not the others. Would be nice.

Advice to Management

I would offer part time employees some personal or sick days. Maybe not as many as fulltime.

"i love my job at oreilly and the people i work with"

Current Employee - COUNTER SALES in Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - COUNTER SALES in Shreveport, LA

Pros

the people, my co workers and supervisors at 1404 are the greatest!!!!!! we are a family, we help each other to help our customers its a one for all store,

Cons

not enough counter help, we need at least two more people!!!

Showing 1,253 of 1,261 reviews