Cover image for OANDA

51% Recommend to a Friend
59% Approve of CEO

Found 148 of over 163 reviews

3.3
OANDA CEO Gavin Bambury (no image)
Gavin Bambury

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

11d

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

7 Comments

Finance

111.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=OANDA~100548
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "The management are poor communicators and it seems being aggressive and un(in 10 reviews)
  • "Status is more important to senior management than the team working for them.(in 4 reviews)
  • "I had an awful manager here, she was condescending, controlling and didn't want me to interact with other teams, saying 'you don't work for them'.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Low pay, low or no increment, no progression.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Most reasonably normal people will probably end up dragging themselves into the office, looking at the 'work' they're supposed to do if there even is any, seeing that it can't possibly benefit the clients and can't possibly benefit the company, you're not even a cog in some machine most of the time you just spend the majority your day working so your boss's boss can keep trying to grandstand in front of their boss's boss and get into the club.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jan 15, 2021 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, opportunity for growth

Cons

Global offices make creates an inconsistent schedule

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ghost ship

Sep 3, 2020 - Financial Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

You know that saying, "tell your boss what he loves to hear and you won't work a day in your life." Or something like that anyways.

Cons

Your boss is an unqualified careerist who "made it" and your primary responsibility is to justify his inflated salary. Pay attention to how one-sided your contract is, it's not some perfunctory legal process the actual HR/management philosophy here is to push all risk and accountability off to employees and traders. Don't expect any real support either.

11 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the OANDA team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

From bad to worse

Aug 8, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

free beer and snacks, and hours are ok

Cons

pretty much everything else, especially HR and management

11 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee

Poor Performer

Jan 12, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Positive on the work life balance front.

Cons

Poor strategic direction from the top down.

13 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

Excellent

Aug 30, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love working for OANDA. Still a bright future for anyone who has aspirations.

Cons

Long term strategic vision is unclear, at this point.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  7. 4.0

Trader

May 25, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

better than other market makers out there

Cons

Market Maker, under the impression that sometimes they might trade against you.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

relationship manager

Aug 28, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great and flexible work environment. Room to grow at OANDA.

Cons

I can't think of any cons

1 person found this review helpful

CMO

Thanks for the fantastic review! Glad you think management is doing a great job. It's the great people we manage that drives the business forward!

9. 5.0

Been with OANDA many year

May 8, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tons of smart, quirky, fun people. Reasonable hours. Committed to going agile. Company takes integrity seriously.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to communicate with many global offices. Could arguably make a larger, positive global impact elsewhere.

6 people found this review helpful

CMO

Thanks for the review. We [senior management] are working very hard to set clearer, more aligned goals. Glad you feel this is getting better. It's a continual work in progress.

10. 5.0

A Great Place To Work

May 8, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice workplace, good people, good management, strong executive team and board, compelling strategy and vision. Exciting but not crazy, professional yet fun, challenging but not overwhelming. I like working here and feel like my contributions are meaningful, valued and recognized.

Cons

It can be a bit disorganized at times, and having multiple offices in various time zones introduces communication challenges. Communications equipment needs improvements, especially in light of how critical it is since we rely on remote communication so much.

5 people found this review helpful

CMO

Thanks for the feedback. Totally agree on communication challenges. We've been working hard on improving that. We've partnered with Starleaf for video and Slack for messaging. Hopefully you're seeing an improvement. Starleaf is best when there's an 'install' like we have in San Francisco. We're working to get native installs in every office so this communication issue is reduced. Now if we can just solve that pesky time-zone thing... ;)

11. 5.0

Strong Historical Performer; Future Growth Unlimited

May 8, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership. Great employees. Amazing atmosphere. Open and communicative.

Cons

Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!

3 people found this review helpful

CMO

Thanks for the review. We agree the future is bright!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 148 Reviews
</>Embed

OANDA Reviews FAQs

OANDA has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 163 reviews left anonymously by employees. 51% of employees would recommend working at OANDA to a friend and 41% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, OANDA employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at OANDA. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

51% of OANDA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated OANDA 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at OANDA to be culture, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with OANDA Job Seekers