OCBC Bank Reviews

3.6
OCBC Bank Group CEO Samuel N. Tsien
Samuel N. Tsien
Cons
  1. "Assistant Vice President"

5.0

I worked at OCBC Bank full-time

Pros

Pro employee development and rotation opportunities

Cons

Can have better work life balance

2. "AVP"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at OCBC Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good place to work at. Friendly and very nice employees, minus one or two. Pay is in line with the market and the benefits are good. Good place for recent graduates.

Cons

Not many people get promotioned.

3. "Credit Operation Officer"

I worked at OCBC Bank full-time

Pros

A good place to learn, good managers, good benefits, flexible leave plan, many volunteer programs, willing to fund employees' further education.

Cons

Depending on where you are and which team you work for, management sometimes is not engaging and employee satisfaction survey can be manipulated. However OCBC Group is quite big so this does not speak for all managers.

OCBC Bank Response

August 28, 2018HR Marketing

Thank you for giving your positive feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed the benefits and compensations we have put in place for employees. The purpose of Employee Satisfaction Survey is to find out what our employees were happy with and what they did not like. A lot of time is spent looking at not only the ‘numbers’ but also the verbatims – suggestions and comments written by employees in the survey’s open-ended questions. This gives us information on what we can do better. We are committed to building the best place to work so do be assured that your voice matters.

4. "accounting"

2.0

I have been working at OCBC Bank full-time

Pros

medical benefits, holidays, pto, paid leave,

Cons

mediocre management, no room for growth

OCBC Bank Response

November 5, 2018Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are glad you enjoy the benefits and remuneration here. We are sorry to hear about your experience with management and your lack of growth. We encourage staff to try out other roles through our Internal Job Posting or Xplore options to see if there are other departments which are more suited to their needs. To help us better understand your situation so that we can take constructive actions, please write to weseeyou@ocbc.com.

"Good culture, more can be done for resource management"

I have been working at OCBC Bank full-time

Pros

People here are amazing, major pull factor here

Cons

Headcount vs Work is always mismatched

"Great company to work for"

5.0

I worked at OCBC Bank

Pros

Great company to work for. Passionate and friendly coworkers. I was an intern for 2 months and both my coworkers and manager were extremely helpful.

Cons

The team organization could be improved a little bit. When I was there our team had 2 interns, but the analysts still did most of the work. Few would ask us to do something if we hadn't take the initiative.

"Strict security measures"

I worked at OCBC Bank

Pros

They apply very strict bank facility security measure. The culture is friendly and professional. The human management was strict and departmental.

Cons

I have not learnt enough to comment on many negative sides of working at OCBC bank. It is also inappropriate for me to comment in much detail of how the bank works.

"corporate finance"

in China, ME

I worked at OCBC Bank

Pros

training, job interviews and trainers are very helpful and nice. They really care. Creative and innovative, fast moving, transparent igorous process of screening and interviewing candidates but do this in a warm and friendly manner that helps you feel at ease. They really focus on your talents and personality when assessing if you are culturally fitting to the ethos of the company and the interview questions feel more like a conversation than an interrogation which I'm sure many of us have had to face in the past.

Cons

salary, lack of flexible time. Long work day while in training.Long hours, stressful in time the business should be expanded to different sector in the future.

"Business Credit"

I worked at OCBC Bank

Pros

Nice people, nice building, leading financial institution in Singapore with a lot of investments

Cons

Conservative, typically there will a lot of old guys with low education

Continue reading
  10. "Good culture. I guess?"

I worked at OCBC Bank

Pros

Work life balance. Quite slack compared to other banks.

Cons

Not organised. Inadequate training or mentorships

Found 881 reviews