OHSU Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

OHSU Marketing Reviews

Updated July 5, 2017

Marketing

3.8
OHSU President Joseph Robertson Jr.
Joseph Robertson Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits and paid time off (in 40 reviews)

• Good work life balance, with nearly 4 weeks of vacation time for all unclassified employees (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance seems to depend on department (in 7 reviews)

• No parking places unless pay daily rate for the garage or on the street (in 12 reviews)

1. "Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at OHSU (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great mission - healthcare, education and medical research combined!

Cons

Healthcare delivery is messy and funding is always an issue.

2. "Good work if you can get it"

Former Contractor - Marketing Consultant in Portland, OR
    Former Contractor - Marketing Consultant in Portland, OR

I worked at OHSU as a contractor

Pros

Great name recognition; well funded. OHSU does good work.

Cons

There's a great deal of confusing overlap among the various wings of the company. It makes it confusing to patients and clients.

Advice to Management

Make jurisdiction more clear.

"Some pros, some cons"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Portland, OR

I have been working at OHSU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In the department that I work in, I get a lot of flexibility in terms of working hours and work-life balance. We can come into work any time of the day as long as we work our 8 hour shift. So I can come in at 6:30am and leave at 3pm, to beat the traffic. Others with children, usually come in around 8 or 9am and leave around 5pm or 6pm.

Health/Dental/Vision insurance is pretty cheap. I pay about $3 a month for just me. There is a $25 co pay for each office visit, with an annual deductible of $1,600.

Management: I am very fortunate to have a great director. He has to deal with a lot of the political non sense happening at the university, but he does a great job in leading our department. I'm not sure I can say that about some of the other departments here at OHSU.

Cons

The annual deductible could be lower. OHSU is a hospital so you'd think that their health benefits would be tremendous.

No paid maternity leave. You must use all of your vacation and sick time after giving birth. Once those are depleted, you must take unpaid leave.

OHSU is VERY political. Departments and department heads will get ahead if they schmooze the right people.

Parking. The parking situation here is atrocious. OHSU deems parking as a luxury and a profit-making portion of their company. A monthly parking pass costs $190. AND there's a 3-year waiting list, at least for the main Marquam Hill Campus. If you work on the south waterfront, you can find local businesses to give you a pass for around $75-$90. So a lot of employees either ride their bikes to work or take public transport. OHSU offers an annual trip-met pass for about $60.

It is well known in the area that OHSU underpays its staff, with the exception of the physicians and researchers. This could be improved on.

Advice to Management

Improve parking, worker compensation, and maternity leave benefits. These are all below par, especially compared to other companies in the area.