OIA Global Reviews | Glassdoor

OIA Global Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2019

Found 41 reviews

2.7
OIA Global CEO Keith Lovetro (no image)
Keith Lovetro

"Sales"

Sales

I have been working at OIA Global for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent opportunity to grow with a company that is growing fast.

Cons

Sometimes growth equal growing pains however most days are successful.

Advice to Management

None

OIA Global2018-04-09

"Great people and culture overall"

Former Employee - Coordinator in Portland, OR

I worked at OIA Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There were so many great people that I worked with. Sure some of the upper level management were not as good but I would expect that anywhere. They tried hard to make a good culture for their employees. Benefits were good and they offer parking downtown office.

Cons

Difficult to move up and some groups have different treatment than other groups

Advice to Management

Be consistent.

OIA Global2019-06-18

"COMPANY IS FLOUNDERING"

Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at OIA Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not too long of a list

Cons

Management operates in a bubble, poor communication, stale environment, no training

Advice to Management

Start by making changes in the middle management. What do they do? No culture, definition or guidance.

OIA Global2019-06-12

"Effects of Poor Senior Mgmt. on this Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Portland, OR

I have been working at OIA Global full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1. Unique and interesting Portland, OR headquarters office, 2. Lower and middle level management works hard and are willing to help 3. Periodic headquarters extra curricular activities (sports, parties) can be fun, 4. Free parking and great downtown Portland location.

Cons

Have been here 5 years, received 1 raise. Previous top management did not care about employees but at least said they did, this management leaves no doubt. Most of my interface with top management has been insulting and dismissive, and there is little accountability if you have the right connections at OIA. If you don't have those connections, its another story. Analyst level employees are crowded together giving no... privacy at all. Same people always selected to go to annual Christmas party in Europe, employees notice it. Top management spends lavishly on themselves, but raises are very few.

Advice to Management

Communicate more effectively down the company ladder. Take down the office mission posters, they are a source of laughs as senior management does not lead by example and we know you don't believe in the company mission. Don't make us pretend. Management has not shared their plan to grow the company with employees---leaves us with little confidence. Need more robust HR support.

OIA Global2019-04-16

"Solid Team"

I have been working at OIA Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture from my experience has been pretty supportive so far and everyone generally seems to be in an effort to work together.

Cons

The pay could be better.

Advice to Management

do some market research on a lot of your current offered positions through the company and compare the what others offer in even the same industry. I think if you offered a more competitive wage in would entice better talent and retain solid employees that are currently working at the company so you can reduce the cost to retrain your workforce several times over.

OIA Global2019-03-16
  6. "OIA Warehouse"

I have been working at OIA Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

None I can think of

Cons

Low quality environment Limited Lunch options

OIA Global2019-02-26

"No structure"

Current Employee - Export Agent

I have been working at OIA Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers. Small family feel

Cons

Appears to be no structure for delegating work. 50-55 hr weeks have become the norm. There is no transparency at all

Advice to Management

Be more transparent. Focus on employees demands of needing extra staff and do not wait 6 months to hire someone.

OIA Global2019-01-11

"decent"

I worked at OIA Global full-time

Pros

decent place, some good people, really good agile processes., good location.

Cons

steady boring job. technologies are not top notch. very little innovation or growth. low pay compared to market . hierarchical team organisation resulting in egos.

OIA Global2018-12-22

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at OIA Global full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company has small perks for HQ. staff.

Cons

Company does not pride itself as paying top dollar.

Advice to Management

Listen more develop help support career paths for all people .

OIA Global2018-10-11

"Probably will be bought by XPO by end of 2019"

Former Employee - IT Staff in Portland, OR

I worked at OIA Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice building, downtown location. Employees are smart and personable. For the most part, you as an employee are left alone to do your work.

Cons

Pay is lower than the market average for IT staff, and looks like for most of the other sectors of the company as well. Constantly pleading poverty even though they have a billion dollars in revenue. Executive team wants full control of decision making process even to the point of micromanagement (as opposed to leaving it to individual departments), but refuses to take responsibility for those decisions (ie.... blame the weather, blame the client, etc). Executive team ignores directives from the parent company, and strings the parent company along (i.e. LDI wants OIA to build a "Data Analytics team" since 2017, but as of today still has not hired a single member of that 5 person team). Logistics is a competitive industry particularly now. Package design is going to become more competitive in the next year or so (just more new companies entering the field or creating their own design studios) Leadership wants more productivity, but doesn't want to fill new positions. Executive team sets priorities, then changes them, then gets mad when the original priorities aren't fulfilled.

Advice to Management

*This is more towards LDI, the parent company. LDI, you may want to think about starting fresh with a new executive team. Manager and employees are good, but the executive team is where all the problems seem to originate at this company.

OIA Global2018-10-07