OLN Reviews | Glassdoor

Elijah Medge

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A Test of Character"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Carson, CA

I worked at OLN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management Training Program
    Return is based on your own efforts
    Awesome Office Environment and Culture
    Uncapped Commission
    Great Learning Lesson in Work Ethic

Cons

This isn't a place for people to skate by. This is Entry Level, but you have to put in 100%.

Sep 1, 2017 – President

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! Much appreciated!

Eli

2. "A very solid marketing company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Carson, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Carson, CA

I have been working at OLN part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great place great people and great experience

Cons

Be selective with new hires

3. "Great People, Motivating Atmosphere, Commission Pay"

I worked at OLN full-time

Pros

The best part about OLN is the people. Everyone is success-driven, helpful, and can really teach you a thing or two about setting and accomplishing goals. The office dynamic is super positive and fun. CEO Elijah Medge is super down-to-earth and can relate to almost anyone, and is also a highly successful and inspiring individual.
    OLN's business model is best suited for anyone interested in management. First you learn how to do a sales pitch and get local businesses to buy OLN's client's product. You get paid and are promoted based on how many sales you make on a weekly basis (bonuses and travel opportunities are actually quite generous). Depending on how dedicated you are and how much work you put in, you could be running your own company in a year. Most that stick with the program are promoted to manager of their own branch within two years. The skills you learn at OLN are also transferrable to any entrepreneurial position you may seek.

Cons

From Account Managers (entry-level) to Assistant Managers (senior-level), everyone's pay is based on commission. Some days you could work extremely hard without making a single sale, and have no money to show for it. The work is certainly not for everyone even though the end goal (becoming your own boss) is real and reachable.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent when hiring new recruits. Since there is no cost to hiring new workers but huge financial incentives for team leaders and assistant managers to grow their teams, there are reasons to take advantage of naive college graduates entering the work force for the first time. For me, the long interview process seemed like a sales pitch for working for the company. Some of the uglier details were left out at first and only exposed after I had committed to the training program. CEO Elijah Medge and the company's values in all ways condemn dishonesty, but the way the business is structured leaves room for employees to engage in subtly shady practices to achieve personal success.

Aug 16, 2017 – President

Thank you so much for your review! I appreciate your kind words about myself and I'm honored that you felt/shared those things. I'm also glad that you liked the bonuses and the travel! I'm especially... More

4. "Deceptive Advertising"

I worked at OLN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture. Everyone is willing to help and very nice.

Cons

Deceptive, when you read 'Account Manager' you don't expect to be a salesperson. It's a business to business sales job. You spend 3 hours in the morning in workshops and meetings where they coach you and give you pep talks. You spend another 8+ hours walking business to business trying to switch employees and managers to T-Mobile. You work long hours Monday - Friday and they try to pressure you into working Saturdays as well. Work is supposed to be the main priority and everything else comes after.

Advice to Management

This is a sales job, stop saying it's not.

Sep 1, 2017 – President

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I really wish you had shared these sentiments while you were still employed at my company! I think we could have had a great conversation and... More

5. "The best experience!"

I worked at OLN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working for this company very much. Management is supportive and very hands on. Great team environment. Equips you with management training, sales ability, and entrepreneurial development. Fun team nights. Travel opportunities. Sets you up with the right mindset and determination to do well as a leader in the workforce. Team members here were very welcoming, enthusiastic, generous with their time, and willing to extend a helping hand for what ever it is you need. Working here taught me how dedication and effort go a very long way. Learning how to work with clients, their needs, and how to make them happy were skills I learned throughout my time here. Team cesar! Team figure it out! thanks for the awesome experience.

Cons

There were not any downsides to working for this company.

Jul 18, 2017 – President

Wow, thank you so much for this glowing review! This really means a lot. I am thrilled to hear that you experience working here was so positive. I wish you all the best in your new position!

6. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Intern in Carson, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Carson, CA

I worked at OLN (Less than a year)

Pros

Great vibe! Nice environment. It's amazing how much people will go out of their way or sacrifice their time to help me learn.

Cons

Need to improve on training program

Mar 19, 2017 – President

Hey there! Thank you so much for the five stars and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your internship. If you have some tips to share about how to improve the training I'd love to hear them! You know... More

"Stay Away"

I worked at OLN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I literally can't think of anything good to say

Cons

This company is such a scam. You go business to business trying to switch people to T-Mobile. Turnover is very, VERY high. Since most people at the company opt for the commission only salary, that means that if you don't sell, you don't make any money. Work starts at 7:30am and ends 12 hours later. Burnout is high, which equates to high turnover. There is absolutely no work/life balance. Before I worked here I was fooled by the reviews on here. DO NOT BELIEVE THEM.

Advice to Management

There is more to life than working yourself to death.

Jan 24, 2017 – President

Hey there,

It's such a shame to hear that you weren't able to think of anything positive. An intensive management training program is certainly not for everyone, but most people at least come away... More

"Amazing to say the least."

Former Employee - Team Leader in Carson, CA

I worked at OLN full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Gain skills and experience for work and outside life. Very fun culture to be in, the environment is 100% positive and nothing less.

Cons

If you want to be an entrepreneur, you must have what it takes and the major key Hustle. You have got to put in the work to be successful.

Advice to Management

Surround yourself with top Leaders/Performers. Learn as often as possible. Leave you comfort zone behind. Find your why to succeed and remember that failure is not an option.

Nov 10, 2016 – President

Hi there! I can't thank you enough for taking the time to write a review about your experience working here. I hope that everything continues to be great for you, and I invite you to come chat with... More

"Account Manager/Leaders"

I worked at OLN full-time

Pros

I got my Bachelor degree at University of Southern California with a very limited experience. I was not confident back then. However, this position clearly teaches me how to be confident and how to achieve things that you want to achieve through hard work.

OLN Inc. provides a complete management training. It includes how to do approach person, step out of comfort zone, do office responsibilities, opportunity to train other, do interview. This position/ program teaches me how to commit to get things done, have the best mentality, not to make any excuses and to make it happen regardless.

Everyone is willing to help everyone in this company. Therefore, personal growth is given in this company.

Cons

It takes commitment to be successful in this company because everyone is competitive. Long hours because it is a management training program, so you are trying to learn everything in a short amount of time.

Advice to Management

Do a lot of 1:1. Have Down for whatever mentality and learn everything from everyone. Never assume you are the best.

Oct 13, 2016 – President

This is such a thorough review! I appreciate you taking the time to share all of these details about your experience. If you have any additional feedback to share, stop by and chat any time... More

"Amazing Place to Build and Start your Career"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Carson, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Carson, CA

Pros

The culture is young, dynamic, and energetic. Management is open with all their people and values contributions and consistently demonstrates a commitment to the betterment of everyone on their team. I love the fact that there's plenty of room for advancement and growth here @ OLN.

Cons

It's not your typical 9-5 job but everyone has to understand that they will get what they put into this business.

Advice to Management

The Management Team @ OLN is very professional and respectful. They always seem to be putting in the extra efforts into getting to know us which I think is amazing.

Oct 13, 2016 – President

Thank you for writing about your experience here! I really appreciate you taking the time to write this!