OLN Reviews | Glassdoor

Elijah Medge

1. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Intern in Carson, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Carson, CA

I worked at OLN (Less than a year)

Pros

Great vibe! Nice environment. It's amazing how much people will go out of their way or sacrifice their time to help me learn.

Cons

Need to improve on training program

Mar 19, 2017 – President

Hey there! Thank you so much for the five stars and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your internship. If you have some tips to share about how to improve the training I'd love to hear them! You know ... More

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Carson, CA

I worked at OLN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I literally can't think of anything good to say

Cons

This company is such a scam. You go business to business trying to switch people to T-Mobile. Turnover is very, VERY high. Since most people at the company opt for the commission only salary, that means that if you don't sell, you don't make any money. Work starts at 7:30am and ends 12 hours later. Burnout is high, which equates to high turnover. There is absolutely no work/life balance. Before I worked here I was fooled by the reviews on here. DO NOT BELIEVE THEM.

Advice to Management

There is more to life than working yourself to death.

Jan 24, 2017 – President

Hey there, It's such a shame to hear that you weren't able to think of anything positive. An intensive management training program is certainly not for everyone, but most people at least come away ... More

"Amazing to say the least."

Former Employee - Team Leader in Carson, CA
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Carson, CA

I worked at OLN full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Gain skills and experience for work and outside life. Very fun culture to be in, the environment is 100% positive and nothing less.

Cons

If you want to be an entrepreneur, you must have what it takes and the major key Hustle. You have got to put in the work to be successful.

Advice to Management

Surround yourself with top Leaders/Performers. Learn as often as possible. Leave you comfort zone behind. Find your why to succeed and remember that failure is not an option.

Nov 10, 2016 – President

Hi there! I can't thank you enough for taking the time to write a review about your experience working here. I hope that everything continues to be great for you, and I invite you to come chat with ... More

"Account Manager/Leaders"

I worked at OLN full-time

Pros

I got my Bachelor degree at University of Southern California with a very limited experience. I was not confident back then. However, this position clearly teaches me how to be confident and how to achieve things that you want to achieve through hard work.

OLN Inc. provides a complete management training. It includes how to do approach person, step out of comfort zone, do office responsibilities, opportunity to train other, do interview. This position/ program teaches me how to commit to get things done, have the best mentality, not to make any excuses and to make it happen regardless.

Everyone is willing to help everyone in this company. Therefore, personal growth is given in this company.

Cons

It takes commitment to be successful in this company because everyone is competitive. Long hours because it is a management training program, so you are trying to learn everything in a short amount of time.

Advice to Management

Do a lot of 1:1. Have Down for whatever mentality and learn everything from everyone. Never assume you are the best.

Oct 13, 2016 – President

This is such a thorough review! I appreciate you taking the time to share all of these details about your experience. If you have any additional feedback to share, stop by and chat any time ... More

"Amazing Place to Build and Start your Career"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Carson, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Carson, CA

Pros

The culture is young, dynamic, and energetic. Management is open with all their people and values contributions and consistently demonstrates a commitment to the betterment of everyone on their team. I love the fact that there's plenty of room for advancement and growth here @ OLN.

Cons

It's not your typical 9-5 job but everyone has to understand that they will get what they put into this business.

Advice to Management

The Management Team @ OLN is very professional and respectful. They always seem to be putting in the extra efforts into getting to know us which I think is amazing.

Oct 13, 2016 – President

Thank you for writing about your experience here! I really appreciate you taking the time to write this! Eli

"Management training program, no fluff needed"

Pros

You are held to management standards from day 1, and I really appreciate that because being slightly lax on standards would betray the essence of the program. I joined to gain leadership skills and to learn how to become a manager because I know that's what would give me a competitive edge in a job market swarming with candidates hungry for a shot. Throughout the program, I've worked with business owners and management teams in several different industries from which I regularly drew career advice, and it was always refreshing to hear the consistency between the standards OLN upholds and what drives the businesses I'm helping out move forward. Management is not easy (it's why it pays), and to be in the belly of the #1 office in the entire country makes the learning that much more thorough and fulfilling.

The people here are ambitious but not cut throat. The culture thrives on the support of the entire team; it's a people-helping-people business, and one thing that's made itself apparent after traveling across the country with the team, whether we're attending a conference in Miami, FL or visiting an office in San Antonio, TX, we REALLY know how to have fun.

I would say my biggest takeaway from working at OLN would be the transferrable quality of all of the skills I've gained from the program. The confidence I have now bleeds into my daily routines outside of the office. I've used some of our office systems while apartment hunting--it worked lol. The growth is hard to hide, even for an introvert like me. It took me exactly 12 months from my start date with the company before I moved into a management position, and I'm barely getting started. I'd like to give a big shout out to Elijah, once again, for being a great coach and mentor. The fish sinks from the head down, and I couldn't have gotten to where I am now without his help.

Cons

Perception is reality. I challenge whoever is reading this to go and ask any Fortune 500 CEO what the cons are on what it takes to be successful, and fill this part out for me.

I really appreciate your candid and non-fluffy review! Best, Eli

"Many benefits, promising career"

Current Employee - Promoting Leader in Carson, CA
    Current Employee - Promoting Leader in Carson, CA

I have been working at OLN full-time

Pros

There are many reasons why i love OLN. If youre one that has an appetite for everything you need to know to be successful in life, this is the once in a lifetime opportunity. With a caring and understanding boss, combined with a multitude of tools to help you generate money, OLN is honestly the best place to launch your career and help you develop outstanding work habits that other employers only dream of having in their firm. Also, the most transparent business ive ever worked for.

Cons

Performance based job, meaning hard work a dedication. While the boss is caring, he also wants you to manage your money well so you might get lectures on your certain life choices

Advice to Management

Office is getting huge. We need to move to a bigger location

Aug 10, 2016 – President

Thank you or taking the time to write such a thorough review! It means a lot to hear that you're enjoying working here. Best, Eli

"Leader/Account Executive"

I worked at OLN full-time

Pros

The growth opprotunity at OLN is remarkable, there isnt a time paradox to fall uder in order to advance, also there isnt any seniority. The high performance energy and fun ecsentric culture motivates each individual to excell their full potential. Its truly a good collaboration of work hard, play hard!

Cons

Its the industry of sales and marketing so there will be its fair share of rejection from clients.

Jul 20, 2016 – President

Thank you for leaving us this awesome review!! Awesome. Eli/CEO

"Sad"

Pros

Friendly people, exciting environment, team building loved the people

Cons

Take advantage of you and manipulate business hours commission only

Advice to Management

Please treat your people better and pay more than the average minimum wage stipend for those unable to hit high sales in over ran territories

Nov 3, 2016 – President

Hi there, I appreciate your approval of myself and I'm glad to hear that you loved the people here, but I'm sad to see that we only earned one star in your eyes. Although we have a standard base pay ... More

"acc. manager"

I have been working at OLN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

able to move up before your leaders, no boundaries, or limits. people are helpful and willing to give you advice. positive vibe.

Cons

salary base on commission, if not good with people, hard to advance. have to be self discipline and work alone.

Jun 28, 2016 – President

Thanks for the 4-star review! It's great to see what you wrote about our advancement structure, the environment here, and the opportunities we offer. You're 100% right about the need for ... More