I worked at OMA*AMO ARCHITECTURE full-time (Less than a year)
- Very diverse projects
- Dedicated and passionate employees - principals are right there with you at 2am working on deadlines
- Everyone is very nice and good-natured... this may change periodically depending on deadlines, but for the most part, it's a great office environment
- Long hours (Extremely long hours)
- Below market pay
- Very high turnover rate (knowledge on projects can be lost as multiple generations of people switch in and out)
Advice to Management
More intangible benefits - if everyone is going to be there for 15-18 hours a day, maybe include more than just a coffee machine and microwave in the kitchen (continuous snacks, drinks, gym passes, studio trips, etc.)
I worked at OMA*AMO ARCHITECTURE (Less than a year)
* You get access to high-profile projects.
* Looks good on your resume.
* Good benefits (incredibly!)
* Good for someone who is right out of school.
* Ruthless working environment. Management really doesn't care if you don't sleep for days in a row as long as deadlines are met. Working hours are ridiculously long. You basically never stop working, specially if you are an intern or junior architect. Forget about having anything resembling a life outside of the office, the office is open 24/7.
* Office culture is bad. Lots of dissatisfied employees.
* Incredibly disorganized project environment.
* Very high rate of turnover... many employees come and go and there's a lack of history in the office. The most employees who are here for a long time have been raised in these types of environments so they 'don't know any better' and have little 'real world' experience.
* Unfortunately design quality control is getting very low and design standards are getting lower.
I have been working at OMA*AMO ARCHITECTURE full-time
good projects and design process
poor management and poor choices on hierarchy
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Review
Fun projects and looks good on resume. The most respected name in the profession.
No sleep ever. Tense environment. And no sleep ever. Ever. Ever
I have been working at OMA*AMO ARCHITECTURE full-time (More than a year)
(Translated from English)
Hoog cultureel en experimenteel onderzoek. Er is nooit een verkeerd voorstel. Werk met de beste professionals en klanten. Werk vanuit het meest "earth to earth" project of ontwerp "on the other side of the moon"
Geen stabiliteit, werknemers moeten enorm flexibel zijn. Niets is persoonlijk, echt niets. Wees klaar om harde kritiek te krijgen, je erover te zetten en iets nieuws aan te brengen.
Advice to Management
Luister naar de werknemers
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?