OMNI Institute Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place"

I have been working at OMNI Institute full-time

Pros

Very flexible, great people, great work, great location.

Cons

Health insurance could be better

2. "Meaningful work, great team!"

Pros

OMNI implemented many positive changes during a transitional time. We have loyal and happy clients due to the efforts of smart and reliable staff members. This is a great place to work if you value meaningful/varied challenges, dedicated co-workers and flexible work environments.

Cons

Benefits…matching 401K is great, but medical coverage could be improved.

3. "Assistant Level Position"

Pros

Got to work with many intelligent and driven people on a wide variety of interesting projects; given opportunities to grow my abilities and learn new skills.

Cons

Pay could be higher; some tension between management and staff (this may be resolved by now)

4. "Over promised, under delivered."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arvada, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arvada, CO

I worked at OMNI Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, flexible schedule.

Cons

No opportunity for growth, or promotion. Extreme hierarchy, and top heavy. When promotions are given it is merely shuffling the top of the deck.

Advice to Management

You're only as strong as your weakest link.

5. "Good Company"

Pros

Great benefits for most employees.

Cons

No cons to report. I enjoyed my time there.

6. "A lot of potential"

I have been working at OMNI Institute full-time

Pros

OMNI has a lot of potential for greatness. We have smart, talented employees who are committed to excellence. Our management is passionate and devoted to the company. Most of our clients are extremely happy with our work because we go above and beyond for them to help improve their outcomes.

Cons

OMNI is going through a transitional period with a newly elevated CEO and COO. There are lots of good ideas about how to improve the company; the problem is implementing them given how busy everyone is. Staff are worried about this, and I think it's taking a toll on morale.

Advice to Management

Prioritize what is important over putting out fires. Be candid with staff as much as possible, instead of trying to reassure everyone with platitudes. Going office to office to give a pep talk is not the answer to improving morale. Don't underestimate your staff's ability to see through that, or to assess situations for themselves.

"Great people and projects, but overworked staff"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at OMNI Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

OMNI's employees are bright and conscientious, and most aspects of the evaluation projects are engaging. For many of OMNI's clients, evaluation is mandatory (e.g., required to receive federal grant money), but some clients found evaluation work to be useful in making data-driven strategy decisions regarding their work. It's satisfying to be an integral part of that process.

Cons

From the moment I started until the moment I left, I had too much to do and not enough time to do it. I worked long hours, and my work was appreciated, but I felt as if I couldn't stick to working just 8 (or 9 or 10) hours a day without dropping at least one of the many balls I was juggling. The situation would have been somewhat easier to bear if my compensation were higher.

Advice to Management

Executive Management should 1) make it possible for employees to maintain a healthy balance between one's personal and professional lives, and 2) incentivize and model this balance.

8. "Great people here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at OMNI Institute full-time

Pros

OMNI is full of fantastic, smart people, and allows quite a bit of schedule flexibility.

Cons

Pay is low, benefits have gotten progressively worse over the past several years.

Advice to Management

Re-institute regular cost of living raises, in addition to performance based raises.

"Great if you have no other options"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at OMNI Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people to work with (not management), flex time, get to work with non-profit organizations in Colorado. Vacation time is great. Good place to get a little bit of experience.

Cons

No work life balance, executive management lacks knowledge of basic business fundamentals, high level mismanagement lead to layoffs, 401k cuts, and benefits reduction. No advancement opportunities. Questionable business practices.

Advice to Management

A business should be run by business people, not social science people. There is a reason business school was created. Small mistakes are okay, but not knowing basic business fundamentals is unacceptable.

10. "Smart, friendly, talented coworkers. Challenging and interesting work."

I have been working at OMNI Institute full-time

Pros

Amazing people, who are smart, skilled, friendly and dedicated. The work is interesting and dynamic. For a non-profit, they have a good benefits package and decent salaries. Good flexibility.

Cons

Upper-management group think is a problem. They are ingrained in their way of thinking about the business and it's unclear whether they're truly open to change.

Advice to Management

Be more honest and transparent with your staff about challenges the company faces. You might gain useful ideas about solutions while simultaneously engaging the staff to be part of those solutions.