ON24, Inc. Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
ON24, Inc. CEO Sharat Sharan
Sharat Sharan
  1. Featured Review

"Great culture, really focused on success and investing in employees"

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good salary Company is growing at a very good pace in all regions globally Great company culture with excellent people Huge focus on customer success which means we have very happy reference-able clients Excellent tech and product team do a great job Very focused & experienced executive management team that know what they're doing

Cons

Has been a lack of standardised training in the past but now rolling out a good methodology If you are in sales there is a lot of pressure to perform, but that is sales! Resources can be a little stretched, could do with more sales, legal and solutions resource

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you have done over the last 18 months. The culture and benefits have massively improved with the investment and incentives put in play.

ON24, Inc.2019-04-24

"Senior Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time

Pros

*Great product *Healthy work/life balance culture *Love the fact that I can turn to my peers and senior management for suppor as well as team collaboration * Lots of training available * Monthly and quarterly bonus perks including President’s Club * Love that ON24 invests so heavily in developing our products with new product releases every 8 weeks makes “selling” our solutions so much easier.

Cons

* Some of the directors in charge are more paper pushers than "leaders" so there should definitely be more training in this area with clearer expectations. * ON24 should match 401K * At times, more pressure for those who are successful to help make up for other teams' numbers.

ON24, Inc.2015-06-29

"Sales - proceed with EXTREME caution"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

They pay fair (base) salaries.

Cons

Never in my career have I worked at an organization where disfunction was so widely accepted and ignored. I can only describe my experience as a sales person, so please take it with a grain of salt. Please, please, PLEASE - if you are considering working here, think long and hard about the challenges that you are sure to face. The sales team is a revolving door. My opinion aside, consider the fact that over 30 people...

Advice to Management

When you realize something isn't working, personally commit to fixing the problem instead of burying your head in the sand. Lead by example. Realize when you are in over your head.

ON24, Inc.2018-02-15

"Resources available for quota attainment but micro management and constant turnover frustrate workers"

Former Employee - Account Executive - SMB in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

ON24's webinar platform has a great reputation because it is a great product. There is tremendous value for their clients which means the opportunity to hit sales quotas is always present. Tons of great people make it a fun work environment, excluding management.

Cons

Depending on the department you work in and your direct supervisor, it can be an extremely uncomfortable place to work. No equity or 401k matching offered which shows employees are looked at as a number and not an individual.

Advice to Management

Trust the people you hire to do the job they were hired for. The rapid turnover that was occurring when I was there made everyone uneasy and made it impossible to feel any semblance of stability, which made it difficult to concentrate solely on the task at hand.

ON24, Inc.2017-10-04

"Big improvement"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

-We moved into new office space in 2 months ago and things have been looking up ever since. The new office has an improved layout, morecommunal spaces, large kitchens, kambucha/cold brew/beer kegs, video games, corn hole, etc. -We have also gotten more company sponsored events including wine & cheese Wednesday's, corn hole tournaments, Oscar party, Super Bowl party, meditation, etc. -Very collaborative environment...

Cons

-The benefits have really improved over the past 6 months, but could still add some things that most companies have in SF (401k match is a big one, daily catered lunches would be nice as well, instead of just the last week of each month) -More transparency from the leadership team would be nice, there should be more company wide announcements and updates -Not a lot of crossover between each team

Advice to Management

Things have gotten much better but there's still plenty to approve upon.

ON24, Inc.2017-02-27

"Run to a competitor"

Former Employee - Sales Account Executive

I worked at ON24, Inc.

Pros

Free La Croix was cool

Cons

Management holds personal biases. The manager I worked under needs to step back an reevaluate his career choices and life choices.

ON24, Inc.2016-07-08

"Senior Account Executive"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are some great people in this company and i still remain friends with many of them. The product itself is absolutely the best in the marketplace but read the con's because these two positives do not outweigh the most toxic company I have ever worked at.

Cons

Management is awful and they manage by fear and intimidation. They are genuinely not nice people who do not care about you, your opinion or your professional development. In fact, if you express your opinion and it is against what management is doing, they have a long memory and will hold it against you or consider you an outsider for the rest of your tenure at ON24. To add to that, the HR Department is completely...

Advice to Management

The Board needs to take a long hard look at the entire Management Team. Nothing will change as long as the CEO is in place.

ON24, Inc.2016-01-22

"Good opportunities for salespeople"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

First of all, they pay quite well, which is pretty important when you're talking about sales. There are opportunities to jump up the chain if you're willing to work. ON24's product is strong, which means we get to sell to the biggest companies as well. The company isn't too big that change either comes too slowly or not at all.

Cons

Communication could be better. The amount of training and data we're armed with is less than adequate at times. You have to be quick on your feet to handle questions from clients when selling here.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to get more involved and shape the overall sales strategy to make it easier and arm their salespeople with the information they need to succeed.

ON24, Inc.2015-09-17

"Bad Company"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good product but can be better. Some good people.

Cons

CEO and management team are poor leaders. Bad company culture. No work life balance. No match for 401k. Various department heads only look out for themselves. Talent management is uninspiring and is never around to help..

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. Do something about the turnover. especially in sales. Hire smart people, not warm bodies. Match 401k Make it a nice place to work Make the leadership team accountable. Stop repeating the same mistakes and hope for a better outcome.

ON24, Inc.2015-09-12

"Please don't believe the positive reviews..."

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the people are nice, but don't bother getting to know them because they will probably be gone in a week. Salary is decent and medical benefits were also decent.

Cons

turnover of employees is through the roof! I have been working for 15 years and I have never seen a company have more turnover. DO NOT believe ANYTHING that is told to you by HR or management. Everybody tells you something different -- it seems like they make things up as they go along. I do not think that the positive reviews on here are real. I know for 100% that HR used to plant positive reviews because there...

Advice to Management

Stop lying to everybody. Look what is going on in your company. Make sure HR is on the up and up. Do everything legally and legitimately. Take more interest in your company and employees. Make the company culture and office atmosphere an enjoyable place to be. Be fair and respectful. Don't sell the job to people and make it something that it is not. be HONEST!

ON24, Inc.2015-07-06