ON24, Inc. Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
ON24, Inc. CEO Sharat Sharan
Sharat Sharan

Pros
  • Great product, huge market potential (in 12 reviews)

• Great people, great products, and great customers (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • I wouldn't say that this is the fault of ON24, more me struggling to find the right work/life balance (in 14 reviews)

• No work life balance, all about the number and quota - no direction from new leadership (in 7 reviews)

"Sr. Sales Account Manager"

Current Employee - Senior, Sales Account Manager
    Current Employee - Senior, Sales Account Manager

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

BEST Products and Platform in the industry
    Extremely Supportive of Work/Personal Life Balance
    ON24 employees support each other as a team
    Great Sales Recognition programs

Cons

Faced-Paced Environment - Can be stressful at times

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to our clients feedback about our products as you always have

"There are lots of companies to work for in this world. No reason to make ON24 one of them."

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people in the trenches are some of the most hard working, friendly people you will meet. Problem is, anyone worth anything will figure out a way to quickly exit the company.

The webinar product itself is great in terms of functionality. It is well marketed and has a real appeal to anyone in demand generation.

Sales has some real options to succeed, but you will be in the minority. It is all about the group you are placed within and the leads you will be given.

Cons

The turnover at ON24 is insane. One CMO left and wasn't replaced for a year. Then we saw a new CMO be hired only to leave a short time later. We have a 3rd CMO now. The CFO left this year with no replacement. Several VP of Sales have left within only months of starting. Now our VP of HR is leaving after only a few months on the job. And that is just the executive team. Rampant turnover exists top to bottom. In early 2016 a new marketing team of 6-7 were all hired at once. All but a few have now left. Plus there were layoffs in spring of 2016. And then there is sales. Sales, especially SMB, gets hammered with turnover. Most of us assume the positive reviews on Glassdoor are fake just so that sales can recruit. Too many new sales hires are not trained, thrown to the wolves, and let go a quarter or two later when they don't make their numbers. It's like clockwork.

Company culture is non existent. For most, it is downright depressing. People are trained to work with their head down and be quiet. If you're seen associating with others, it is assumed you're not working or don't have enough work. Those who thrive are either remote or in the Charlotte office.

Company developments are not shared. Every quarterly company meeting is simply a regurgitation of news that most people are already aware of. Most of the company never knows what is happening behind the scenes as the future is never talked about, only the past. For a long time there was a talk of an IPO. Most have given up on that happening.

CYA is a practice that exists in every department. Customer success will blame support for client complaints, support will blame customer success for lack of instruction, both will blame sales for the deal sold, and sales will blame all if they can't close their deals.

Unless you are in some dire circumstances, there are no good reasons to take a job at ON24. I strongly suggest you take the time to review other glassdoor reviews. You will see a theme.

"ON24 provided me with the experience and tools I needed to further my career."

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Since working at ON24, my career has taken off. I stayed there for two years, where in the process I gained great experience across a variety of disciplines (marketing, sales, even a little bit of QA), learned a lot and made a couple connections that gave me the experience to become an Account Executive at my current company. Loved my coworkers and look back very fondly at my time there in SF.

Cons

At times, the management team was a bit more interested in delegation than supporting staff. Sometimes infighting can be a problem, as some of the employees felt a bit overwhelmed.

Advice to Management

The products are great and the future is surely very bright for the company. Perhaps a clearer vision of growth for employees would have been nice, as well as more in the way of on the job training.

"Unstable sales environment"

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Good people, very good compensation package if you're able to hit quota numbers. Interesting products to work on. The company will give you a lot of latitude in how you go about selling, sometimes too much

Cons

It was very common to have conflicts between sales people over territories and accounts, and the biggest dog always won. Very little training or feedback. It really felt like the wild west in a lot of ways.

Advice to Management

Develop a longer-term plan for product and platform management.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at ON24, Inc. (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible working hours, Fair compensation

Cons

Company focus changes rapidly, company are inexperience of global expansion and lack of governance in managing global deal

"Leadership is everything in an organization"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership
    Awesome Learning & Development
    Incredible culture
    Best product on the market - BY FAR
    Employee happiness is taken very seriously

I personally love working at ON24. I have made some incredible friends and feel like this is where I want to be. I love waking up and going to work. I feel like I am part of something special at ON24 and that I make a difference every day. I have learned so much since I started thanks to the great leadership and senior management team. The earning potential and incentives are great however the biggest motivator for me is the culture and environment. We are a team and all on a mission to achieve the same goals.

Cons

I wouldn't say that this is the fault of ON24, more me struggling to find the right work/life balance. It is a super fast paced environment which is very exciting but also means you can get consumed by work if you don't manage a healthy work/life balance. Luckily the business gives you the flexibility to find your own balance.

Advice to Management

None really. I am happy and so is everyone around me. Excited for the future. :)

"Unreliable management"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible working hours
    Young crowd
    Good products

Cons

Very high turn over
    Hardly anyone stays longer than a year (leaving and fired)
    Contast shifts of focus and strategies, uncoordinated actions within teams and in between dpts.

Advice to Management

Get a long term and medium term strategies, stop changing everyone priorities and then bark about not achieving ever changing obectives.

"This is my first real job and I'm learning so much"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

Pros

I work with a group of great people that really support each other. The products are really cool and there is never dull moment. The customers I work with love what we do and how responsive we are.

Cons

I wish formal training programs that I could attend. ON24 has a great new-hire training program for sales but I'd like something ongoing. Sometimes the on demand sessions don't cut it for me.

Advice to Management

It's really just more training that I think is needed, but that might be only me. I like the managers and they are very approachable. The doors are always open and the CEO likes to talk to everyone.