ON24, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
ON24, Inc. CEO Sharat Sharan
Sharat Sharan

Pros
  • The office is a nice, friendly environment to work in (in 7 reviews)

• Great product, huge market potential (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • I wouldn't say that this is the fault of ON24, more me struggling to find the right work/life balance (in 12 reviews)

• No work life balance, all about the number and quota - no direction from new leadership (in 6 reviews)

1. "Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at ON24, Inc. (More than a year)

Pros

It has a great environment. People are very nice

Cons

Overall good company, no personal cons

"ON24 made me who I am..."

Former Employee - Senior Manager, Strategic Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager, Strategic Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best webinar/webcast product on the market hands down. You can make great money if you are good at your job. Upper Management is not bad - they just have high expectations. If you are good at your job, Upper Management is great. ON24 gave me a career path that made me the successful sales person I am today. When I went through some personal obstacles in my life they fully supported me. The CS team is AMAZING. I truly believe we provide the BEST service and will jump through hoops for our clients. On a daily basis I had the privilege to work with some of the smartest sales folks I've encountered - the Sales Engineers, VP of Strategic Sales, VP of Marketing Solutions, the CS team, VP of Expansion, Director of Life Sciences, etc. You will be surrounded by people who can make you successful and get the job done.

Cons

You have to fight for what you want. While this was not a problem for me, there are many reps frustrated with the ample changes to account structure. It is not good for morale, motivation, or making your reps successful.

Advice to Management

Thank you!

"Working at ON24"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great working environment, great people, close to public transportation, and at the center of SOMA. They have other locations besides San Francisco.

Cons

Expect to work long hours, maybe even do the job of 2 people, but the pay is comparable. Unfortunately, San Francisco is one of the most expensive places to live, so it's all relative.

Advice to Management

Don't pay lip service to your subject matter experts, relay on them, and take their suggestions seriously, that's what you pay them for.

"Why so much hate?"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We are in a good place, leaps and Bounds from where we once were. Room for improvement; always.. better than we were; no doubt. ON24 has so much to offer to any person who wants to come in and work...expectations are high, but not unrealistic. Leadership is supportive if you listen and take direction. Ideas are welcomed. Product is world class and it's been proven. ON24 is here to stay

Cons

Would like the path to career growth to be more defined.

Advice to Management

The changes are good, keep them coming as improvements need to be continuous. Transparency is very important to the rank in file.

"Amazing company with great energy!"

Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, great products, and great customers. Everyone at On24 gives 110% and go out of their way to help others.

Cons

Great products and a world class development team, but could use a bit more work on the product management and product marketing side.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing.

"A really great company. Not perfect, but certainly great!"

Current Employee - Senior Director Customer Success in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Director Customer Success in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Customer Success team is phenomenal, and has a great culture of caring for clients. Other teams show dedication as well. People are great, and I have a deep respect for the professionalism of most here. Just generally a high level of competence. People care about each other.
         If you are looking for a place to have direct impact and influence, here's your spot. If you proactively look to add value, you will succeed here. You DO have a chance to hit a career home run, but no one is going to pitch to you if you don’t step up to the plate first, and the company WANTS to pitch to you. I have been lucky enough to experienced that firsthand. Leading by example is rewarded.
         ON24 is driven to succeed and has been around a decade and a half. They are not just a fly-by-night garage startup, but they do have a lot of the excitement of the startup here, as well as some of the frustrations. What you get to do here is important and has worth. Helping clients deliver their content in verticals like healthcare and non-profits among others.
         Another "hidden" benefit is interacting directly with the CEO at times. That is informative and pretty rare. How often do you have a CEO listening to what you have to say to make course corrections or start new initiatives?! Could be unnerving to some, but definitely a learning experience. Some of the reviews call out CEO micromanagement. From what I have seen firsthand, he is laser focused on the numbers and making this a better company. He is an analytic; a numbers guy, so if you know your numbers and the story behind them, then even if something is not great you will be fine. I would rather have a competent CEO at the helm than a lot of warm/fuzziness. He expects competence from his team in return.
         We just finished our first company conference, Webinar World 2017 in San Francisco. Have to say it was the BEST conference I have attended in 30 years in the industry. Amazing energy and a feeling of taking the company to the next level. Happy to be a part of that!
         Bottom line, pay is decent, the people good to work with, and the company is stable and moving in the right direction. That goes a long way in my book. Hey, not just blindly drinking the Kool-Aid here. The company isn’t perfect, nor any of the groups. I have never known a perfect company. But, perfect is BORING and just not as fulfilling and helping to grow something that can be great. This company is taking it to the next level.

Cons

You have heard it before in the reviews. No 401-K match is the main con. Also, would like to see some more amenities in the remote offices.
         Work/life can get out of balance if you let it, but it is not as bad as others have made out. It is part of this type of job. Still a few old school Directors and VPs who need to get on the customer success train and realize that we need to listen more to client needs.

Advice to Management

Focus more time on providing more consistent career development for employees.
    Provide a few more options for remote and satellite employee benefits.
    Make sure you are letting employees know they are valued Little things can go a long way in building a solid culture.
    We should do a better job celebrating the company's success and impact.
    Stay positive!

"Proud to work at ON24"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

ON24's first Webinar World 2017 is a huge success! Attendance was better than expected and amazing content. Great job done by the Marketing team and all involved.

Human Resources makes great effort to continuously improve employee morale by hosting fun events that encourage employee interaction. Recent activities include movies in the office, happy hours with live music on Fridays.

New office space is great with lots of common area spaces for collaboration. Good location for public transportation and lots of nearby restaurants.

ON24 really is a great place to work and I look forward to coming to work every day. If I didn't I wouldn't be here. ON24 offers employee advancement and opportunities if you seek them. My work challenges me and I'm surrounded by smart and funny people. It's important to have levity in the work place.

Cons

Would be nice to have more company sponsored meals for all departments. Maybe bagels on Fridays or pizza once a month.

Advice to Management

People want to be appreciated for their efforts and dedication. In my experience a happy employee is a loyal one and will always go the extra mile. Make the time to walk around the office and ask folks how their doing.

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Charlotte, NC

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sales driven organization that pushes people to succeed and outstanding training

Cons

There's a lot of pressure to preform, not sure if that's really a con though

"Big improvement"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-We moved into new office space in 2 months ago and things have been looking up ever since. The new office has an improved layout, morecommunal spaces, large kitchens, kambucha/cold brew/beer kegs, video games, corn hole, etc.
    -We have also gotten more company sponsored events including wine & cheese Wednesday's, corn hole tournaments, Oscar party, Super Bowl party, meditation, etc.
    -Very collaborative environment and you get the opportunity to work alongside execs on a daily basis.
    -The people here seem to be very genuine and friendly, haven't come across much "office politics"
    -Recent additions to the executive team seem to be doing very well here

Cons

-The benefits have really improved over the past 6 months, but could still add some things that most companies have in SF (401k match is a big one, daily catered lunches would be nice as well, instead of just the last week of each month)
    -More transparency from the leadership team would be nice, there should be more company wide announcements and updates
    -Not a lot of crossover between each team

Advice to Management

Things have gotten much better but there's still plenty to approve upon.

"Not a bad place to work"

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time

Pros

-Get chance to work with some top talented people.
    - Flexible work hours
    - Job stability

Cons

- Short of resources. You need to handle lot of work.
    - Not great benefits.
    - Even after 12 years, still in start up mode.

Advice to Management

- Give people management training for managers/directors.