ON24, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

ON24, Inc. Reviews

Updated January 16, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great product, huge market potential (in 15 reviews)

• Great working environment, great people, close to public transportation, and at the center of SOMA (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • I wouldn't say that this is the fault of ON24, more me struggling to find the right work/life balance (in 12 reviews)

• High turnover rate combined with poor communication from management has resulted in a generally unpleasant work environment (in 7 reviews)

"Dull environment"

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time

Pros

Business is growing
    HR seems to be trying a bit harder to involve employees
    People are generally nice

Cons

Morale is a disaster
    Ridiculously cheap on perks for a SF company
    Culture of bad communication

Advice to Management

Bring up to the standards of other companies in SF. The incentives to achieve at On24 just aren't there.

"There are lots of companies to work for in this world. No reason to make ON24 one of them."

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people in the trenches are some of the most hard working, friendly people you will meet. Problem is, anyone worth anything will figure out a way to quickly exit the company.

The webinar product itself is great in terms of functionality. It is well marketed and has a real appeal to anyone in demand generation.

Sales has some real options to succeed, but you will be in the minority. It is all about the group you are placed within and the leads you will be given.

Cons

The turnover at ON24 is insane. One CMO left and wasn't replaced for a year. Then we saw a new CMO be hired only to leave a short time later. We have a 3rd CMO now. The CFO left this year with no replacement. Several VP of Sales have left within only months of starting. Now our VP of HR is leaving after only a few months on the job. And that is just the executive team. Rampant turnover exists top to bottom. In early 2016 a new marketing team of 6-7 were all hired at once. All but a few have now left. Plus there were layoffs in spring of 2016. And then there is sales. Sales, especially SMB, gets hammered with turnover. Most of us assume the positive reviews on Glassdoor are fake just so that sales can recruit. Too many new sales hires are not trained, thrown to the wolves, and let go a quarter or two later when they don't make their numbers. It's like clockwork.

Company culture is non existent. For most, it is downright depressing. People are trained to work with their head down and be quiet. If you're seen associating with others, it is assumed you're not working or don't have enough work. Those who thrive are either remote or in the Charlotte office.

Company developments are not shared. Every quarterly company meeting is simply a regurgitation of news that most people are already aware of. Most of the company never knows what is happening behind the scenes as the future is never talked about, only the past. For a long time there was a talk of an IPO. Most have given up on that happening.

CYA is a practice that exists in every department. Customer success will blame support for client complaints, support will blame customer success for lack of instruction, both will blame sales for the deal sold, and sales will blame all if they can't close their deals.

Unless you are in some dire circumstances, there are no good reasons to take a job at ON24. I strongly suggest you take the time to review other glassdoor reviews. You will see a theme.

"Managed by Fear"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Product user interface is truly great.
    Coworkers are nice but stay in their own silos.
    Low turnover in Engineering.
    Benefits have improved.
    Sales training now formalized.

Cons

Low morale.
    Executives keep their heads down.
    CEO hammers individual Sales members in a group setting every month.
    Turnover up in Sales and Marketing.
    CEO is cheap and proud of it.
    Open bar events have led to embarrassing executive behavior.

Advice to Management

Wake up Board! Fill in the missing executive roles: CFO, HR
    and bring in a COO to run the daily operations.

"Wonderful Experience"

Pros

Successful companies like ON24 hire people who understand the customer’s needs and who have the drive and commitment to build and deliver solutions that exceed those needs. ON24 has always produced outstanding products and the current webinar solution for marketers is no exception.

ON24 has attracted and retained some of the smartest, dedicated and hardworking people I've ever worked with. The company doesn't have the politics and convoluted processes you find in some companies. The employees are genuinely nice and supportive of each other - they're proud of the work they do and the company they've helped build. ON24 has a long history of investing in people long-term and promoting from within.

The company has had some turnover (mostly in sales) on par with similar companies. Those who perform are recognized and rewarded and those who don't are asked to leave.

If you're looking for pets in the workplace and a climbing wall this company may not be for you. If you want a professional environment with amazing coworkers and supportive management then ON24 has a lot to offer.

Cons

Like any company there are things that could be improved but no major 'cons'.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your teams with training programs and enriched supplemental benefits.

"A great place for rapid professional growth"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to pitch challenging and fun projects and then see them through to execution. Management is invested in your professional growth and will make sure that you have the tools to succeed. I feel that I am 3x the marketer that I was before I joined ON24.

Cons

Not really a con, but the perception that ON24 embodies the "typical" Silicon Valley tech company may have disappointed some employees. This is very fast paced work environment and the bar for success is high. If you are looking to grow your professional skill-set quickly, then this is the place for you, but it does require that you put in the hours.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the growth of your employees and provide challenging opportunities for us. More frequent communication with a more consistent message might help as well.

"Run to a competitor"

Former Employee - Sales Account Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Account Executive

Pros

Free La Croix was cool

Cons

Management holds personal biases. The manager I worked under needs to step back an reevaluate his career choices and life choices.

"Account Executive"

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time

Pros

The product is solid and easily the best webinar solution for marketers available. The San Francisco office is in a nice central location in SoMa. New hire training helps get people ramped quickly and the mentorship program is a great way to learn the pitch and how to drive sales calls.

Cons

Marketing tech is a very crowded space and there are a lot of cheaper webinar solutions out there to compete against. There was some executive turnover when I first started that stalled the team's progress early on.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in marketing in order to scale production along with hiring. Individual and team incentives are great.

"Growing Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time

Pros

Good product, loved my time working there.Learnt a lot while I was there

Cons

Micro management in every team

"Avoid at all costs!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work if you don't want to take your job seriously.

Cons

This is not the kind of place you want to find yourself.
    Constant in-fighting among departments. No direction from upper management. Poorly designed unsupported products. High turnover rate in most departments. Long-time employees are still treated like garbage.

Advice to Management

Too late for advice

"Not recommended"

I worked at ON24, Inc. (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people! Employees at the operational and customer facing level are friendly, smart, and driven. They have been the reason for the success of ON24. Their customer service and attention to detail are the best in the industry. ON24 engineers have created the best and most reliable webcast services platform anywhere - all others pale by comparison.

Cons

C level management keeps their own council and plays everything close to the vest. Judging by recent activities (investment of $23M by Goldman-Sachs, acquisition by unknown party of Comdisco-owned stock, CFO lay-off, lay-off of long-term employees), ON24 seems on the verge of acquisition by an unknown party. This will be profitable for the preferred stock owners, but likely leave employee stock with little value. CEO has been claiming IPO "happening soon" for years. The future of ON24 is uncertain at this point.

Advice to Management

There is no "I" in team.