ON24, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

ON24, Inc. Reviews

Updated May 19, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • The office is a nice, friendly environment to work in (in 7 reviews)

• Great product, huge market potential (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • I wouldn't say that this is the fault of ON24, more me struggling to find the right work/life balance (in 12 reviews)

• No work life balance, all about the number and quota - no direction from new leadership (in 6 reviews)

"Good company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great product, very quick development cycles, smart people. The company growth is very exciting.

Cons

Extremely fast-paced and sometimes chaotic without tools to move at break-neck speed.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Been with the company a little over 30 days. Great experience so far. First time I've had an HR person that was so helpful and attentive. Managers and co-workers seem to be helpful and supportive. Looking forward to seeing more of the culture and how departments collaborate. There is money to be made here.

Cons

Culture seems to be a bit off for a tech company. The 401k has no match which is also a little off for a tech company especially in this market. CEO seems like a mystical figure, would be nice to meet him. Wasn't impressed with the All hands meeting. Perhaps I am just spoiled, coming from a "true" tech company things are different. Will wait and see. There is potential,

Advice to Management

CEO to be more visible to the organization. Give a 401k match for goodness sake, create a "Fun" environment.

"Senior Account Executive"

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time

Pros

*Great product
    *Healthy work/life balance culture
    *Love the fact that I can turn to my peers and senior management for suppor as well as team collaboration
    * Lots of training available
    * Monthly and quarterly bonus perks including President’s Club
    * Love that ON24 invests so heavily in developing our products with new product releases every 8 weeks makes “selling” our solutions so much easier.

Cons

* Some of the directors in charge are more paper pushers than "leaders" so there should definitely be more training in this area with clearer expectations.
    * ON24 should match 401K
    * At times, more pressure for those who are successful to help make up for other teams' numbers.

"Please don't believe the positive reviews..."

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the people are nice, but don't bother getting to know them because they will probably be gone in a week. Salary is decent and medical benefits were also decent.

Cons

turnover of employees is through the roof! I have been working for 15 years and I have never seen a company have more turnover. DO NOT believe ANYTHING that is told to you by HR or management. Everybody tells you something different -- it seems like they make things up as they go along. I do not think that the positive reviews on here are real. I know for 100% that HR used to plant positive reviews because there were so many negative reviews -- I am sure that they are still up to their same tricks. Do not work for this company -- if you have any other option...pick the other option.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to everybody. Look what is going on in your company. Make sure HR is on the up and up. Do everything legally and legitimately. Take more interest in your company and employees. Make the company culture and office atmosphere an enjoyable place to be. Be fair and respectful. Don't sell the job to people and make it something that it is not. be HONEST!

"Senior Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely amazing co-workers (while they are there)
    Competitive Compensation
    Excellent sales support staff (sales engineering)

Cons

Pretty convinced that most positive reviews on regarding ON24 were submitted by ON24.

Sales rep turnover is through the roof. Out of 100 sales reps there are 10 that have been there longer than 3 years.

Extremely under-qualified sales management consists of former sales reps, the same goes for director level..
    cultural environment is akin to working your way into a fraternity... like a racist southern university fraternity when you Indonesian..

Absolutely no work/life balance.
    Your job will consist of making reports on top of reports for the sake of making reports.
    micromanagement is an understatement.

Advice to Management

Any advice to management would land on numb ears.

"Awesome company that is focused on the product, on the company, and on keeping its employees happy!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time

Pros

ON24 is an awesome company that has a great product and a workforce full of capable employees. If you're looking to take on more responsibility you can always find more things to do and grow both personally and professionally.

Cons

The only con is this--if you are good at your job then you'll find yourself getting a TON of work. If you're hungry and looking to advance it's a good thing, but it's up to you to know your limit and speak up when you are overwhelmed.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on what has made ON24 successful thus far--a great product and a customer centric workforce

"Not a great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good office location and great product. Bar-none the best webcasting solution out there, selling it isn't the biggest challenge you'll face working here.

Decent standard benefits, a few perks like catered lunches for certain holidays, and a few employee outings here and there.

Flexible about remote work, depending on your manager. Decent work-life balance.

Cons

The culture at ON24 is not that of a tech company, or really any company that truly values their employees. The so-called "Culture Club" is half the reason there even are positive reviews on Glassdoor -- people have been asked to post reviews to bump the ratings.

Below market compensation is rampant, and leads to a demotivated and dissatisfied workforce across departments.

Management switches overall company/business objectives so quickly you're bound to get whiplash, and never feel like you actually accomplish anything.

Horrible silos between, and even within, departments, something typical of much larger organizations but not something I expected at a sub-500 employee "start-up."

Incredibly high turnover - for a reason.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like they matter, and compete to hire top talent. Send clear messages from the top, and be more transparent.

"Hmmm...the enthusiasm of the other reviews seem suspect"

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people are great. Product is admirable.

Cons

I worked on the business side for about a year. Against my better instinct, I took the job because I thought highly of the products which I used in a previous life. The fact that there was so much turn around just in my first month of working there should've been a huge red flag. I am suspicious of the volume of "favorable" posts recently-I think it's only fair that potential employees get the big picture. It is NOT a fun culture. The office feels like a graveyard. People come and go and the ones who stay are there for 15+ years because of some warped perception of loyalty.

I will say that work/life balance is great there. But it isn't worth it given the cons.

Advice to Management

Make it a more exciting and fun culture. Offer more competitive packages because you can't compete with the high volume of tech companies the rate that you're going. Loosen up and have fun.

10. "ON24, a 2.5 Stars Co."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

+ Good location.
    + Stable revenue.

Cons

- Average products.
    - Below average talents.
    - Culture-less.

Advice to Management

Management is well aware of what their company is and is not. Average talents attracts average company and vice-versa.

"Not a great company to work for"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- It is a 9 to 5 job and no one ever makes you work late
    -You can get by doing the bare minimum
    -They hardly ever fire engineers

Cons

-The culture is horrible. The people here aren't friendly, there are no activities and little benefits.

- No one is motivated and it shows in the product. The product is barely functional and the code is awful

Advice to Management

To build a better culture by either hiring more motivated employees/ firing unmotivated employees or finding a way to motivate employees. If you keep on hiring the same type of people, you will keep being horrible.