ON24, Inc. Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
ON24, Inc. CEO Sharat Sharan
Sharat Sharan

Pros
  • Great product, huge market potential (in 12 reviews)

• Great people, great products, and great customers (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • I wouldn't say that this is the fault of ON24, more me struggling to find the right work/life balance (in 14 reviews)

• No work life balance, all about the number and quota - no direction from new leadership (in 7 reviews)

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Charlotte, NC

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sales driven organization that pushes people to succeed and outstanding training

Cons

There's a lot of pressure to preform, not sure if that's really a con though

"Okay For Short Term Employment"

Current Contractor - Sales Development Representative
    Current Contractor - Sales Development Representative

I have been working at ON24, Inc. as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

-Remote position
    -Great for if you're between jobs
    -Choose your own hours

Cons

-Very limited chances for upward mobility
    -No commission
    -Low pay
    -Sketchy management (frequently lie, deceive, and keep secrets from their employees)
    -Pay checks rarely come on time
    -No benefits
    -No culture or values to speak of
    -Management is a MESS which is an opinion echoed by some of my clients

Advice to Management

I would advise to have higher expectations for your employees in upper management. My supervisor is dishonest (not only to me but to their peers as well) and doesn't seem to bring a lot to the table. Another upper management person is doing very well, but she is treated pretty poorly and her work isn't recognized. Also offering any perks at all for working for ON24 would probably help. I love having a remote job, but that's pretty much the only positive thing I can say about ON24.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Nothing all, hard to think of positives

Cons

Work Life Balance, run away from company

Advice to Management

Provide more communication

"Incredible Opportunity - No Dead Weight In Sight: You Will Grow"

Current Employee - Sales Leadership in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Leadership in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been at ON24 for three months, I work in Sales. ON24 has the best webcasting technology in the market bar none. We continue to bring high profile companies to our list of customers.

For Sales professionals, this could be an opportunity to make a killing and to be part of the team that is incredibly diverse, and more compassionate (yes, I will use that word) than any sales organization I have been a part of. ON24 is not perfect and there hasn't been enough focus on a few key functions that help with scale and process, and the company is making changes in this direction.

People are easy going and results oriented, I have seen a lot accomplished in very little time. People come together and get things done, and yes we do work long hours. This is a great company for anyone who is not interested in hiding, but wants to get out into the real world, learn new things, make a contribution, and make some money!

This is my fourth start-up, and the first one where no one asked me to write a review on Glassdoor. I am writing this review because I think it could help potential candidates. With that, I have worked for companies that had incredible ratings on Glassdoor and turned out to be a terrible place to work, and ON24 is exactly the opposite. The reviews here are pretty mixed, some are harsh and I found that the ratings here are not jiving with what I am experiencing. My advice, take all of this with a grain of salt, always take the interview to find out for yourself. Take into account: department, position you're considering, your ability to navigate fast-pace environments and so on. Good luck!

Cons

Keep your eyes on the prize and don't get distracted, we have a great opportunity ahead of us.

Advice to Management

Continue to build processes and move towards scale and away from a boutique approach in some areas of business.

"Run to a competitor"

Former Employee - Sales Account Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Account Executive

Pros

Free La Croix was cool

Cons

Management holds personal biases. The manager I worked under needs to step back an reevaluate his career choices and life choices.

"The end is near and it's not going to be pretty"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like most reviews I've read that people here are pretty nice. It's a nice location and the products, while not innovative or cutting edge are solid and marketers need what on24 provides.

Cons

Company started in 1999 I think. When they do finally sell it's going to go all to the VCs and a handful of execs. They employees are going to get next to nothing because the are just common stock holders. I've done my research. There has been so much money put into this company, that the board’s preferred stock is going to take most if not all of the money from the sale.

Very good article in the NY Times: When a Unicorn Start-Up Stumbles, Its Employees Get Hurt.

Advice to Management

Sales Management is in way over their head. You need fresh outside leadership, who lead with strategic insight not just fear and getting upset. Since 2013 when you had a stable sales organization, the companies revenues have remained flat and the FMV of the company stock has gone from $4.60 in 2012 to $1.95 in 2015. Of all jobs, Sales is pretty easy to evaluate, you hit number or you don't. Time to make change.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Been with the company a little over 30 days. Great experience so far. First time I've had an HR person that was so helpful and attentive. Managers and co-workers seem to be helpful and supportive. Looking forward to seeing more of the culture and how departments collaborate. There is money to be made here.

Cons

Culture seems to be a bit off for a tech company. The 401k has no match which is also a little off for a tech company especially in this market. CEO seems like a mystical figure, would be nice to meet him. Wasn't impressed with the All hands meeting. Perhaps I am just spoiled, coming from a "true" tech company things are different. Will wait and see. There is potential,

Advice to Management

CEO to be more visible to the organization. Give a 401k match for goodness sake, create a "Fun" environment.

"Sr. Sales Account Manager"

Current Employee - Senior, Sales Account Manager
    Current Employee - Senior, Sales Account Manager

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

BEST Products and Platform in the industry
    Extremely Supportive of Work/Personal Life Balance
    ON24 employees support each other as a team
    Great Sales Recognition programs

Cons

Faced-Paced Environment - Can be stressful at times

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to our clients feedback about our products as you always have

"Great Culture, Great Solutions, Great Company!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ON24 is a great company that recognizes and rewards hard work! The company culture is excellent and continues to improve every day.

Cons

With any company experiencing record growth you need to keep an open mind, a positive attitude and a willingness to embrace change.

Advice to Management

Invest in those that have a passion for the job.

"Stay Away- can't believe I work at this company that is still kicking"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent product
    Some decent people

Cons

Easily the most poorly run company around
    The CEO is a comical joke, the fact that he is still running this company is a testament to how little the investors care about this company. The CEO clearly doesn't understand how culture works in the United States.

Advice to Management

call it a day and move on-
    company will never go public-too much money on the books-poor management, growth levels that will never be underwritten. need to look for an exit immediately