ON24, Inc. Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
ON24, Inc. CEO Sharat Sharan
Sharat Sharan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Healthy work/life balance culture (in 10 reviews)

• Great product, huge market potential (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • I wouldn't say that this is the fault of ON24, more me struggling to find the right work/life balance (in 12 reviews)

• No work life balance, all about the number and quota - no direction from new leadership (in 6 reviews)

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time

Pros

ON24 is a rollercoaster, there is lots of change, but the people, the leadership, and mentors are great and very positive. It's busy, challenging, and you must be disciplined, but all well worth it.

Cons

Busy, change, hardwork....but not sure that is a bad thing

Advice to Management

It's important that goals are communicated and attainable

"ON24 made me who I am..."

Former Employee - Senior Manager, Strategic Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager, Strategic Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best webinar/webcast product on the market hands down. You can make great money if you are good at your job. Upper Management is not bad - they just have high expectations. If you are good at your job, Upper Management is great. ON24 gave me a career path that made me the successful sales person I am today. When I went through some personal obstacles in my life they fully supported me. The CS team is AMAZING. I truly believe we provide the BEST service and will jump through hoops for our clients. On a daily basis I had the privilege to work with some of the smartest sales folks I've encountered - the Sales Engineers, VP of Strategic Sales, VP of Marketing Solutions, the CS team, VP of Expansion, Director of Life Sciences, etc. You will be surrounded by people who can make you successful and get the job done.

Cons

You have to fight for what you want. While this was not a problem for me, there are many reps frustrated with the ample changes to account structure. It is not good for morale, motivation, or making your reps successful.

Advice to Management

Thank you!

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Charlotte, NC

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sales driven organization that pushes people to succeed and outstanding training

Cons

There's a lot of pressure to preform, not sure if that's really a con though

"Okay For Short Term Employment"

Current Contractor - Sales Development Representative
    Current Contractor - Sales Development Representative

I have been working at ON24, Inc. as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

-Remote position
    -Great for if you're between jobs
    -Choose your own hours

Cons

-Very limited chances for upward mobility
    -No commission
    -Low pay
    -Sketchy management (frequently lie, deceive, and keep secrets from their employees)
    -Pay checks rarely come on time
    -No benefits
    -No culture or values to speak of
    -Management is a MESS which is an opinion echoed by some of my clients

Advice to Management

I would advise to have higher expectations for your employees in upper management. My supervisor is dishonest (not only to me but to their peers as well) and doesn't seem to bring a lot to the table. Another upper management person is doing very well, but she is treated pretty poorly and her work isn't recognized. Also offering any perks at all for working for ON24 would probably help. I love having a remote job, but that's pretty much the only positive thing I can say about ON24.

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Nothing all, hard to think of positives

Cons

Work Life Balance, run away from company

Advice to Management

Provide more communication

"Incredible Opportunity - No Dead Weight In Sight: You Will Grow"

Current Employee - Sales Leadership in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Leadership in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been at ON24 for three months, I work in Sales. ON24 has the best webcasting technology in the market bar none. We continue to bring high profile companies to our list of customers.

For Sales professionals, this could be an opportunity to make a killing and to be part of the team that is incredibly diverse, and more compassionate (yes, I will use that word) than any sales organization I have been a part of. ON24 is not perfect and there hasn't been enough focus on a few key functions that help with scale and process, and the company is making changes in this direction.

People are easy going and results oriented, I have seen a lot accomplished in very little time. People come together and get things done, and yes we do work long hours. This is a great company for anyone who is not interested in hiding, but wants to get out into the real world, learn new things, make a contribution, and make some money!

This is my fourth start-up, and the first one where no one asked me to write a review on Glassdoor. I am writing this review because I think it could help potential candidates. With that, I have worked for companies that had incredible ratings on Glassdoor and turned out to be a terrible place to work, and ON24 is exactly the opposite. The reviews here are pretty mixed, some are harsh and I found that the ratings here are not jiving with what I am experiencing. My advice, take all of this with a grain of salt, always take the interview to find out for yourself. Take into account: department, position you're considering, your ability to navigate fast-pace environments and so on. Good luck!

Cons

Keep your eyes on the prize and don't get distracted, we have a great opportunity ahead of us.

Advice to Management

Continue to build processes and move towards scale and away from a boutique approach in some areas of business.

"Run to a competitor"

Former Employee - Sales Account Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Account Executive

Pros

Free La Croix was cool

Cons

Management holds personal biases. The manager I worked under needs to step back an reevaluate his career choices and life choices.

"The end is near and it's not going to be pretty"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like most reviews I've read that people here are pretty nice. It's a nice location and the products, while not innovative or cutting edge are solid and marketers need what on24 provides.

Cons

Company started in 1999 I think. When they do finally sell it's going to go all to the VCs and a handful of execs. They employees are going to get next to nothing because the are just common stock holders. I've done my research. There has been so much money put into this company, that the board’s preferred stock is going to take most if not all of the money from the sale.

Very good article in the NY Times: When a Unicorn Start-Up Stumbles, Its Employees Get Hurt.

Advice to Management

Sales Management is in way over their head. You need fresh outside leadership, who lead with strategic insight not just fear and getting upset. Since 2013 when you had a stable sales organization, the companies revenues have remained flat and the FMV of the company stock has gone from $4.60 in 2012 to $1.95 in 2015. Of all jobs, Sales is pretty easy to evaluate, you hit number or you don't. Time to make change.

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Been with the company a little over 30 days. Great experience so far. First time I've had an HR person that was so helpful and attentive. Managers and co-workers seem to be helpful and supportive. Looking forward to seeing more of the culture and how departments collaborate. There is money to be made here.

Cons

Culture seems to be a bit off for a tech company. The 401k has no match which is also a little off for a tech company especially in this market. CEO seems like a mystical figure, would be nice to meet him. Wasn't impressed with the All hands meeting. Perhaps I am just spoiled, coming from a "true" tech company things are different. Will wait and see. There is potential,

Advice to Management

CEO to be more visible to the organization. Give a 401k match for goodness sake, create a "Fun" environment.

"Sr. Sales Account Manager"

Current Employee - Senior, Sales Account Manager
    Current Employee - Senior, Sales Account Manager

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

BEST Products and Platform in the industry
    Extremely Supportive of Work/Personal Life Balance
    ON24 employees support each other as a team
    Great Sales Recognition programs

Cons

Faced-Paced Environment - Can be stressful at times

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to our clients feedback about our products as you always have