ON24, Inc. Senior Software Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 5 reviews

3.4
ON24, Inc. CEO Sharat Sharan
Sharat Sharan

"Definitely on the right track"

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very competitive salary. Product is without peer in the web conferencing space. Clear chain of command with supportive managers and executives. Easily the most rewarding decision I've made was coming here.

Cons

The 401k situation could be better. High turnover at times has lowered bandwidth for those employees who remain, but that seems to be improving.

Advice to Management

Keep charging forward with the product and stay committed to keeping employees around for the long haul.

ON24, Inc.2015-09-24

"Good company to settle down"

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

What I like most about the company is you can manage your work life balance perfectly. Work culture is employee friendly and stress is less comparatively. Company is doing good. Company’s main focus is towards expanding it across the glob and hence good opportunity to grow for marketing and sales people.

Cons

Less opportunity to grow your career. You’ll feel like you are stuck in highly comfort zone and career stopped growing. They don’t contribute in 401k.

ON24, Inc.2018-03-23

"Flexible Work, Mediocre Leadership"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very flexible hours, you got work from home occasionally, you could call in for stand up meetings, very good benefits, they take care of my H-1B and green card processing very well (I respect them for this), good office location (downtown SF). Salary is decent.

Cons

Old technology and process management, the product is using outdated JavaScript framework from 4 years ago, and there is little effort to change or improve it. Coding standard is very loose, no review, no testing automation, no testing methodology whatsoever -- developer has to be responsible for every single variation of device and browser. QA and product is more interested in getting mediocre product to multiple device...

Advice to Management

Provide a formal training about the business and product to the engineer so they can understand the bigger picture. Include them in the product discussion. Create a culture of peer review (of design and coding), it will be well worth it, people will have more ownership and support for each other that they won't fail easily on their own. Upgrade your technology stack.

ON24, Inc.2016-10-30

"Three years working in San Francisco"

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great office location Good work-life balance Good managers Average products and projects Average pay

Cons

Maintaining products becomes mundane and boring over time Not using cutting edge technologies

ON24, Inc.2015-02-03

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc.

Pros

Nice people, smart engineer. My Manager is very nice, very smart. Projects are very interested. Can work from home if need.

Cons

The ticket system is not very effective. There are too many meetings. We need a uniform instant message to communicate with each other.

Advice to Management

Doing code review regularly can improve whole company's development level very quickly. We can learn from each other by code review.

ON24, Inc.2012-05-15