ON24, Inc. Software Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 9 reviews

3.5
ON24, Inc. CEO Sharat Sharan
Sharat Sharan

"Definitely on the right track"

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very competitive salary. Product is without peer in the web conferencing space. Clear chain of command with supportive managers and executives. Easily the most rewarding decision I've made was coming here.

Cons

The 401k situation could be better. High turnover at times has lowered bandwidth for those employees who remain, but that seems to be improving.

Advice to Management

Keep charging forward with the product and stay committed to keeping employees around for the long haul.

ON24, Inc.2015-09-24

"Good company to settle down"

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

What I like most about the company is you can manage your work life balance perfectly. Work culture is employee friendly and stress is less comparatively. Company is doing good. Company’s main focus is towards expanding it across the glob and hence good opportunity to grow for marketing and sales people.

Cons

Less opportunity to grow your career. You’ll feel like you are stuck in highly comfort zone and career stopped growing. They don’t contribute in 401k.

ON24, Inc.2018-03-23

"Flexible Work, Mediocre Leadership"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very flexible hours, you got work from home occasionally, you could call in for stand up meetings, very good benefits, they take care of my H-1B and green card processing very well (I respect them for this), good office location (downtown SF). Salary is decent.

Cons

Old technology and process management, the product is using outdated JavaScript framework from 4 years ago, and there is little effort to change or improve it. Coding standard is very loose, no review, no testing automation, no testing methodology whatsoever -- developer has to be responsible for every single variation of device and browser. QA and product is more interested in getting mediocre product to multiple device...

Advice to Management

Provide a formal training about the business and product to the engineer so they can understand the bigger picture. Include them in the product discussion. Create a culture of peer review (of design and coding), it will be well worth it, people will have more ownership and support for each other that they won't fail easily on their own. Upgrade your technology stack.

ON24, Inc.2016-10-30

"Glad I came to work for ON24"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoy working with the people on my team, which could explain why turnover is low. . Flexibility is great here, and the company makes an interesting product. Morale is high and there's potential for a lot of growth.

Cons

Perks: The 401k match could be a bit higher. Wouldn't mind lunch or drinks from time to time, either sodas during work hours or more "happy hours" to get to know coworkers.

Advice to Management

Look toward what other start-ups are offering in terms of in-office perks and 401k, and there will be very few complaints.

ON24, Inc.2015-08-27

"Not a great company to work for"

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

- It is a 9 to 5 job and no one ever makes you work late -You can get by doing the bare minimum -They hardly ever fire engineers

Cons

-The culture is horrible. The people here aren't friendly, there are no activities and little benefits. - No one is motivated and it shows in the product. The product is barely functional and the code is awful

Advice to Management

To build a better culture by either hiring more motivated employees/ firing unmotivated employees or finding a way to motivate employees. If you keep on hiring the same type of people, you will keep being horrible.

ON24, Inc.2015-05-01

"Three years working in San Francisco"

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great office location Good work-life balance Good managers Average products and projects Average pay

Cons

Maintaining products becomes mundane and boring over time Not using cutting edge technologies

ON24, Inc.2015-02-03

"A company with a bright future, strong engineering team"

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at ON24. The compensation was fair, the flexibility was great in all facets (workload, PTO, tasks could be completed during odd hours if necessary), and most of all I liked the team. As an engineer I can't speak for other areas of the company, but morale was high and turnover was low during my tenure.

Cons

While I felt happy in my role, I wasn't quite as confident in my own personal growth -- whether that was in the areas of promotions or potential raises. Training maybe could've been a higher priority.

Advice to Management

The product is great, and the engineering group is a strong team. Next focus on perks and/or advancement in the form of attainable raises and promotions. Beefing up the training procedures would be a solid move as well.

ON24, Inc.2014-05-21
  8. "I gained valuable experience in my time here"

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really liked the company's products. Leading-edge stuff. The people I worked with were great, and there was a lot of flexibility. Projects were varied, and it's always interesting when you're working on applications that at the top of their respective industry.

Cons

The work-life balance part of ON24 was good at some points, a little hectic at others. Workflow could've been managed a little more consistently overall.

Advice to Management

Better planning throughout the year could lead to more consistent workloads. However, with a young and growing product there are difficulties with predicting when a bunch of fires will need to be put out at once from a software perspective.

ON24, Inc.2014-02-28

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc.

Pros

Nice people, smart engineer. My Manager is very nice, very smart. Projects are very interested. Can work from home if need.

Cons

The ticket system is not very effective. There are too many meetings. We need a uniform instant message to communicate with each other.

Advice to Management

Doing code review regularly can improve whole company's development level very quickly. We can learn from each other by code review.

ON24, Inc.2012-05-15