ON24, Inc. "great people" Reviews | Glassdoor

ON24, Inc. Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Jun 24, 2019

Found 193 reviews

3.6
ON24, Inc. CEO Sharat Sharan
Sharat Sharan
Pros
Cons
  • "I wouldn't say that this is the fault of ON24, more me struggling to find the right work/life balance(in 11 reviews)

• "None except would be nice to have 401k match(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews

"Great job for part-time with flexibility"

Current Employee - CSSS in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at ON24, Inc. part-time for less than a year

Pros

flexibility, great break room, great people

Cons

hard to move up, makes promises that may not be able to happen

Advice to Management

hire from within

ON24, Inc.2019-01-09

"Dysfunction!"

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time

Pros

Really great people Really great product

Cons

Really poor Executive Leadership CEO manages by fear and is proud of it CEO does not empower his executive team to be successful CEO has an ego that is working toward the demise of ON24 I worked for ON24 for a number of years and was let go recently in the latest round of company lay-offs....stuff happens and I understand. I received a package that was fair so no complaints and after contemplating the job...

Advice to Management

This is a message to the board....Get that man out of the drivers seat. He is going to kill everything great about the company.

ON24, Inc.2017-11-22

"Resources available for quota attainment but micro management and constant turnover frustrate workers"

Former Employee - Account Executive - SMB in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

ON24's webinar platform has a great reputation because it is a great product. There is tremendous value for their clients which means the opportunity to hit sales quotas is always present. Tons of great people make it a fun work environment, excluding management.

Cons

Depending on the department you work in and your direct supervisor, it can be an extremely uncomfortable place to work. No equity or 401k matching offered which shows employees are looked at as a number and not an individual.

Advice to Management

Trust the people you hire to do the job they were hired for. The rapid turnover that was occurring when I was there made everyone uneasy and made it impossible to feel any semblance of stability, which made it difficult to concentrate solely on the task at hand.

ON24, Inc.2017-10-04

"Working at ON24"

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great working environment, great people, close to public transportation, and at the center of SOMA. They have other locations besides San Francisco.

Cons

Expect to work long hours, maybe even do the job of 2 people, but the pay is comparable. Unfortunately, San Francisco is one of the most expensive places to live, so it's all relative.

Advice to Management

Don't pay lip service to your subject matter experts, relay on them, and take their suggestions seriously, that's what you pay them for.

ON24, Inc.2017-04-06

"Amazing company with great energy!"

Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people, great products, and great customers. Everyone at On24 gives 110% and go out of their way to help others.

Cons

Great products and a world class development team, but could use a bit more work on the product management and product marketing side.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing.

ON24, Inc.2017-03-11

"Not recommended"

I worked at ON24, Inc. for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people! Employees at the operational and customer facing level are friendly, smart, and driven. They have been the reason for the success of ON24. Their customer service and attention to detail are the best in the industry. ON24 engineers have created the best and most reliable webcast services platform anywhere - all others pale by comparison.

Cons

C level management keeps their own council and plays everything close to the vest. Judging by recent activities (investment of $23M by Goldman-Sachs, acquisition by unknown party of Comdisco-owned stock, CFO lay-off, lay-off of long-term employees), ON24 seems on the verge of acquisition by an unknown party. This will be profitable for the preferred stock owners, but likely leave employee stock with little value. CEO...

Advice to Management

There is no "I" in team.

ON24, Inc.2016-05-23

"Senior Account Executive"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are some great people in this company and i still remain friends with many of them. The product itself is absolutely the best in the marketplace but read the con's because these two positives do not outweigh the most toxic company I have ever worked at.

Cons

Management is awful and they manage by fear and intimidation. They are genuinely not nice people who do not care about you, your opinion or your professional development. In fact, if you express your opinion and it is against what management is doing, they have a long memory and will hold it against you or consider you an outsider for the rest of your tenure at ON24. To add to that, the HR Department is completely...

Advice to Management

The Board needs to take a long hard look at the entire Management Team. Nothing will change as long as the CEO is in place.

ON24, Inc.2016-01-22

"Run away! Disorganized and delusional management."

Former Employee - IT Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Self funded happy hours with client support team. Great place to learn how NOT to run a business! Learn as much as you can as you can and leave as soon as possible. I've had various roles in this company and I was blessed to work with a team of great people and amazing manager for a year. Who also left ON24 eventually.

Cons

Disorganized and delusional management. I am surprised how did they make it this far. (I think almost 13 years.) Managers are stubborn and disorganized. Negligence of technology and best practices takes place across departments. IT guys, client services, marketing specialists are run like "slaves" or "Lower cast" by their managers. (I think Sharat promotes that). You can feel "cast" difference when top managers...

Advice to Management

The longer managers with that company the less they know about their profession. Run performance evaluation of your top management and marketing team particularly! Fire like 80% of them. Pay attention to people who make company. Don't run them dead.

ON24, Inc.2014-02-19
  9. "Highly energetic;hard working; results focused and extremely rewarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc.

Pros

Solid product offering Great people to work with Growing a strong structure to support growth Experience has bees extremely rewarding

Cons

While there are always challenges growing a company, overall on24 is on the right track. We can always do better communicating more and can never have enough thank you's, I would not trade this experience at this time

Advice to Management

Remember that several thank you's go a long way

ON24, Inc.2012-03-24
  10. "Exceptional company, great career opportunities, fast paced, not a one-trick-pony"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc.

Pros

Great people Unsurpassed industry leading Product, great Engineering team Multiple product lines, so diversified risk Great Location Great career opportunies for growth if you're good at your job

Cons

Priorities change, need to be agile

Advice to Management

Value your people Co-location is great for productivity, multiple officies slow us down a lot

ON24, Inc.2011-11-16