Found 156 of over 168 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits and very stable compared to other OGE&C companies in the region." (in 31 reviews)
- "The people are great and the department I’m in seems to be big on development." (in 11 reviews)
- "Benefits pay was good, overtime if you wanted it" (in 10 reviews)
- "The culture is good and good work life balance." (in 10 reviews)
- "Good leadership & teamwork." (in 8 reviews)
- "One, even if you are lucky to get a decent supervisor who actually cares about their employees, their hands will always be tied by upper management who cares absolutely nothing for their workforce." (in 8 reviews)
- "Not the most competitive salary but has a lot of benefits to make up for it." (in 6 reviews)
- "Needs more training, everything based on seniority." (in 5 reviews)
- "This may tie into the previous point, but it was hard to get time off." (in 3 reviews)
- "If you correct a supervisor at any point in front of another employee, even if you are giving correct information and the information the supervisor is providing will ultimately get yourself or your coworkers fired, expect to get reprimanded and disciplinary action for making said supervisor look bad." (in 2 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of ONE Gas and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Sep 1, 2023Business Systems AnalystFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsTulsa, OK
Coworkers are generally very kind and supportive. They want to succeed with you. Pay and benefits are great.
Different team cultures foster different vibes. I think most roles at this company provide an excellent environment to excel in. I know some have felt otherwise based on their role and how their team functions.
- 3.0Oct 4, 2023Manager, Regional Service Delivery CentreCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsOklahoma City, OK
Good benefits and opportunities to travel.
Micromanagement and not great work life balance.
- 3.0Aug 24, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer EmployeeAustin, TX
Typically good work/life balance if under the right management. Decent benefits.
Pay is market based (deemed cost to replace you), so compensation is fairly stagnant once hired regardless of individual contributions or company performance. Expect “opportunities” to take on a more senior role/additional responsibilities without commiserate pay.
- 4.0Sep 7, 2023Sr. Administrative AssistantCurrent EmployeeTulsa, OK
Cares about employees, good work life balance, hybrid work schedule.
Pay could be better compared to other energy companies.
- 4.0Jul 24, 2023Project ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsTulsa, OK
- Great Work Life Balance - Good Benefits - Supportive Leadership - Generous work from home policy for my department - Very kind, healthy work culture - Job security
- Company moves slowly - Salaries are lower than industry average - Most departments hire lean and need to staff more - High performers are less common; lots of folks are content 9 to 5ers
- 5.0Jul 13, 2023Billing SpecialistCurrent Employee
Management really supportive and department communication great
The constant increase of service causing increase in call volumes and upset customers
- 5.0Apr 30, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsTulsa, OK
Good pay, benefits, culture and environment. Takes a while to get on but it’s a company you can build a career.
Pay is slightly less than other energy industries but it is a utility company!
ONE Gas Reviews FAQs
ONE Gas has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 168 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at ONE Gas to a friend and 88% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
89% of ONE Gas employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated ONE Gas 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.