ORock Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

ORock Technologies Reviews

4.6
Gregory Hrncir

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fast paced environment with great people and interesting technology"

I have been working at ORock Technologies full-time

Pros

Very sharp and highly motivated people, effective technical partnerships. Lots of opportunity to apply and improve technical skills. True Linux / Redhat cloud environment. Always lots of work to do but sufficient flexibility and balance. Startup entrepreneurial culture, so there are no boring days. It's a unique place to work and this is a good time to join.

Cons

There's a dress code. I'm happy to say that's the only minor con.

Advice to Management

Make sure everyone understands the business model and strategy for growth. It's easier getting people on board with big projects if they understand the why in addition to the what. Continue being flexible and encourage people to work when and where is ideal for them to get the job done. Be supportive of regular telework since it's a huge incentive. Keep up the great leadership!

Apr 12, 2018 – Chief Marketing Officer

Thank you for your feedback! Our official dress code is business casual, although you'll see quite a range and we're pretty loose about it. Executives and other employees who meet with clients and... More

2. "Very picky on interview and different from fine screen."

Pros

Interesting and new web tech

Cons

Lack of training or mentorship.

Jun 5, 2018 – Chief Marketing Officer

Thanks for your response. We are indeed very picky on the interview process. It's a small business so every hire is critical to our growth. We need to ensure that each employee is the right fit for... More

3. "Great company and plenty to work with"

I have been working at ORock Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great c-level team, top-tier technologies, great work location and knowledgable staff. Every voice is heard and considered which makes for using the best technologies in developing our cloud.

Cons

Long hours at times, but comes with the territory of a startup.

Advice to Management

Continue hiring good talent.

Apr 12, 2018 – Chief Marketing Officer

Thanks for the feedback and for contributing your voice as we innovate and grow.

"Start-up culture in a fast-growing market"

I have been working at ORock Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very entrepreneurial environment. Great place to be if you are a self-starter and want to help build something new but don't want someone holding your hand. Management is very open to people bringing in their own ideas and trying new things.

Technology is very forward-looking and the company has a unique combination of sound technology, strong business relationships, and federal small business status which sets it apart from competitors.

Cons

It's a startup. The pace is fast, things change rapidly, and resources are thin (at least for now). It's also a very flat organization, which is a pro for me but there aren't lots of layers yet. You'll have to earn your career growth opportunities.

If those are cons for you, you probably don't want to be in a startup environment.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication. Things are changing quickly so it's important for everyone to be on the same page.

5. "Startup business in a fast paced technology environment"

I have been working at ORock Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you have an entrepreneurial spirit but don't want to start your own company, this is where you want to work. We are a small family and there is open collaboration. Very few layers of management at this time, so you have an opportunity to establish your own roadmap.

Cons

Being a startup, everyone is expected to wear multiple hats. Even senior management is expected to roll up their sleeves and get down to the 10 foot level to deliver results.

Advice to Management

Host social hours for the small group of employees we have so that the technical and non-technical folks can mingle around. The two groups are spread out into separate units and don't get time to bond together.

Apr 12, 2018 – Chief Marketing Officer

Thanks for your feedback. We can always do a better job of building connections among employees. I encourage you to bring your ideas forward so we can consider them!