OSF HealthCare "no one" Reviews | Glassdoor

OSF HealthCare Employee Reviews about "no one"

Updated Jul 27, 2019

4.0
OSF HealthCare CEO Robert Sehring
Robert Sehring
Pros
Cons
  • "Short staffed and does not like to pay OT(in 9 reviews)

• "Job openings in desired departments can be rare- very little movement (but that's a pro for the company: job satisfaction so no one leaves(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "no one"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "awesome organization!"

Current Employee - Statistician in Peoria, IL

I have been working at OSF HealthCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

This organization tends to hire for long term employees. Many people working at OSF have been here for 20 or 30 years. So this is definitely a career destination. The company also promotes from within. If you show you have the skills and knowledge you will move up in the organization. Colleagues also care very much for each other and help one another out when in need.

Cons

The salary during promotions only increases 10% to 15% even if you have a big jump in responsibility. However, with that being said, the work life balance at OSF is very good. You only need to work 40 hours a week and no one will think less of you for doing so.

OSF HealthCare2016-07-22
  2. "Yearly Evaluations Go From Perfect 3 To 1 With New Supervisor"

Medical Transcriptionist in Peoria, IL

I worked at OSF HealthCare

Pros

I feel I was compensated very well with pay and benefits.

Cons

This was an amazing place to work for so many years and then so many changes began to take place which were not all positive. So many excellent employees were being "displaced" and you could feel the morale of so many employees changing. I loved going to work and loved my job and coworkers until my supervisor retired and a new supervisor arrived. This person made it very clear from the beginning who the... favorites were and the ones that were not liked. In one year my evaluation had gone from a perfect 3 to a 1. This supervisor would speak negatively to my coworkers and I about our director in our department meetings, would talk to one employee about other employees, and do so many other unethical things which all fell upon deaf ears. There were a few people that it was made pretty clear to that you either quit, retire or get fired (most of us with many years of our lives dedicated to this institution) so we all had to give up our livelihoods all because of one person which the director or HR was contacted regarding, told some of the things which this supervisor was saying and doing, and no one seemed to care.

Advice to Management

When am employee comes to you with a concern or a complaint regarding a supervisor, director, coworker or whatever the case may be, please listen to them and investigate their concern or complaint instead of taking the side or word of a supervisor, manager or director. Simply because they are a supervisor, manager or director does not make their word the gospel. There are some individuals in this world who have no... morals or ethics and simply thrive off of destroying the lives of others, which when interfering with one's livelihood, could destroy a life.

OSF HealthCare2019-07-27
  3. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Escanaba, MI

I have been working at OSF HealthCare part-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the best pay in the area, great treatment and sense of unity

Cons

Job openings in desired departments can be rare- very little movement (but that's a pro for the company: job satisfaction so no one leaves!)

OSF HealthCare2016-04-30
  4. "Management's only concern is the bottom line."

Former Employee - Social Work Case Manager in Peoria, IL

I worked at OSF HealthCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Important work, helping others when they are most vulnerable. Great coworkers. Give free flu shots?

Cons

Management is only concerned about the bottom line. No one truly cares about the employees. Management does not listen or care. Off site parking adds at least 15 minutes to travel time.

Advice to Management

Start listening to your employees. If you them to give their all to OSF, then you need to give your all to your employees first. Treat your employees with the greatest care and love.

OSF HealthCare2015-09-23
  5. "Terrible Management"

Former Employee - Office Personnel in Peoria, IL

I worked at OSF HealthCare full-time

Pros

The staff I worked with were super, I worked with the best doctor I could imagine and the best APN that is out there. I worked with some of the best nurses and MOA's that you would ever come into contact with. All of them were hard workers and love what they do, they care about the patients and they came first.

Cons

The management are a different aspect. They are there only for themselves and will leave you out to dry. They are not honest people and most do not know how to do their jobs, they are only there because they are robotically engineered to do as they are told, they go through the motions in front of their managers to make themselves look good, they care for no one else.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, they are the reason you are there. Without them, you are nothing. You can easily be replaced with someone who actually knows what their job is.

OSF HealthCare2015-09-22

"Management nightmare"

Psychotherapist in Peoria, IL

I have been working at OSF HealthCare for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team work among clinical staff in my department. Great learning environment.

Cons

No one seems to be leading but blundering incompetent managers who make decisions based on blind faith in six sigma which costs thousands of dollars and has nothing to do with reality. The organization is so top heavy it is going to snap. Patient care is plummeting. Programs gutted. Management destroys programs and morale.

Advice to Management

Administration needs to open its eyes, talk with the employees who do the job. Cut from the managers that are destroying the name of the St Franco's.

OSF HealthCare2014-07-31