OSI Restaurant Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

OSI Restaurant Partners Reviews

2.0
OSI Restaurant Partners Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Elizabeth Smith
Elizabeth Smith

1. "I work too hard for too little."

Current Employee - Food Server in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Food Server in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at OSI Restaurant Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My store is so desperate for workers that we will hire anyone. You interact with many interesting people. The employee discount makes McDonalds seem expensive.

Cons

I make $1000 a month and work almost every day. I have no benefits. Schedules come out less than a day before the new work week. I have a vindictive manager. I get verbally abused by staff and management. I am more qualified, in education and experience, to manage, but have no way to advance.

Advice to Management

Employees voice these concerns. Listen to the employees. Hire people who are available for more than a few days. If you have a hole on a Tuesdays, due to availability, don't hire 3 new people who also can not work Tuesday. I need to see more of my manager.

2. "It's not WHAT you know, but WHO"

Former Employee - IT Service Desk in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - IT Service Desk in Tampa, FL

Pros

Comp card/Discounted meals
    Free turkey at thanksgiving

Cons

At first, seems very laid back. Then the hammer comes down.
    Female employees are allowed to sleep, while Males are scrutinized for even the smallest incident.
    Micro-Managing in full force. And as the headline says, its not what you know, but who. One of the senior level managers told me this before they left. It is every bit 100% true with OSI. When you get in, be sure to "buddy-up" with one the of more popular or senior techs. The popular ones always keep their jobs

Advice to Management

Conduct Team Meetings according to Problems, instead of being "nit-picky" and constantly harping on people for non-important matters.

"easy job, but not great company"

Former Employee - Accountant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Accountant in Tampa, FL

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, fun place to work (or pretend to), most accountants in other companies and professions work long hours and have busy seasons - you don't have that at OSI, it's more of a laid back customer call center than an accounting department, just ask all the people they just fired!

Cons

pretty backwards in a lot of their practices. The old guard (founders) is gone and the new management is kind of a joke. Wow and I heard they laid off a ton of people recently, I am glad I got the heck out of there months ago!

Advice to Management

Um, don't waste time laying people off and shipping the jobs overseas, that will backfire and you'll just have to rehire for those positions when you realize that doesn't work all your new fancy MBAs were just useless yes men who took your money and gave you horrible textbook advice! They will be long gone while you're dealing with the fallout! That CEO Liz is a heartless you-know-what(B) who only wants to cut jobs and make her $ bonus grow - she is famous for this reputation, watch out people!!! She does not care about the company, she will make her money and ditch!

4. "Technical Support"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at OSI Restaurant Partners as a contractor

Pros

Most of your co-workers are helpful

Cons

management advancement is not based on the quality of your work it's based on who you hang with

Advice to Management

promote employees that put in the work not because they are in your circle