Cover image for OSL Retail Services

2.6
OSL Retail Services CEO Brett Farren
Brett Farren

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of OSL Retail Services and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great Company

Nov 26, 2022 - Mobile Expert
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is literally the greatest company I've ever worked for. ZERO INCENTIVE to upsell anyone!!! Our commission is structured towards the customer, rather than ourselves and I LOVE IT.

Cons

I really can't think of any. If your motivated and willing to learn as well as lead, you can make a small fortune with this company.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good Job, Not Career

Nov 11, 2022 - Mobile Expert
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Solid, Close Team -Nice people -Decent pay

Cons

-Very small structure, leaving little room for growth (1 Team Lead to 2 stores, the rest are mobile experts so moving up is unlikely unless your lead quits) -Commissions are low

Manager

Hello there, and thank you for sharing your review! Your shout-out to your teammates was especially great to read and we also very much appreciate you taking time to share your constructive feedback. We're always striving to get better and your insights are key in this. Thanks again for taking time, we wish you all the best on your next adventure!

3. Join the OSL Retail Services team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Good hours, decent pay

Oct 21, 2022 - Mobile Expert in Apple Valley, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

OSL has great benefits and has commission structure that pays well if you sell along you getting hourly pay.

Cons

Getting people to actually buy

Manager

Hi there, thank you so much for sharing your review! Your shout-outs to the near limitless earnings potential were great to read, and we appreciate your constructive feedback on how we could better support you. It's awesome to have you with us, please don't hesitate to connect with your DM any time, and the door here is always open too!

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Horrible job

Nov 11, 2022 - Mobile Expert
    Business Outlook

Pros

No pros about working for this outfit

Cons

Just lot's of conning and lying

Manager

Hello, and thank you for connecting. We take these concerns seriously and appreciate you getting in touch. We wish you all the best, thank you again.

6. 1.0

STAY AWAY

Oct 24, 2022 - Mobile Expert
    Business Outlook

Pros

They will literally hire anyone regardless of experience, no need for any sales experience or professionalism(actually the less professional you are the more likely you are to land this position), if all regions are as poorly run as region 9(my current region been here about 5 months) this company is in real trouble. Haven’t seen 1 commission check, incredibly poor training(typically 1 day with division manager and they think you should be good to go). Not to mention the rampant FRAUD that OSL seems to promote especially at slower locations, when inevitably the scammed customer comes back to speak to OSL rep we are instructed to tell them we can’t help them and they should visit the local carrier location. STAY AWAY…no better yet RUN from this company. OSL is where sales dreams go to die.

Cons

POOR COMMISSION STRUCTURE, HORRIFIC UPPER MANAGEMENT(REGION 9), POOR RELATIONSHIP WITH WAL-MART, & CUSTOMERS ARE AWARE OF THE SCAM THAT IS OSL AT THIS POINT.

Manager

Thank you for taking time to share your review and bring these matters to our attention. Please know you are heard and we will be investigating further as soon as possible. If you would like to share any other details please don't hesitate to send us an email (info@oslrs.com) along with a copy of your review. Thank you again.

7. 3.0

Mobile Expert Review

Sep 15, 2022 - Mobile Expert in Ankeny, IA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love being able to work with a variety of customers and get them set up with a phone they’re happy with.

Cons

You’re usually one of the only OSL employees in the store. Often are being asked by Walmart customers to help with things you are not there for. The base pay is poor, and commission pay is based on some high expectations.

Manager

Hi there, and thank you for sharing your review! It's awesome to have you with us and we love that you're enjoying working with our great customers. Your constructive feedback on where we could improve is also appreciated - and heard. The door is always open if you'd like to continue the conversation too (1-844-694-7675). Thanks again, keep it up!

8. 2.0

Sep 20, 2022 - Mobile Expert
    Business Outlook

Pros

New phones and get paid ... Sometimes

Cons

Lack of training an communication

Manager

Hello there, thank you for sharing your review! We would really appreciate the opportunity to connect with you directly about your feedback and how we can better support you. Could you please send us an email (info@oslrs.com) with your review, location, and any other details you are comfortable in sharing? Thank you again, we hope to hear from you!

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Do not work with this company.

Oct 4, 2022 - Mobile Expert
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hours are alright Pay is okay

Cons

Horrible upper management They want you to lie to customers

Manager

Hello, and thank you for connecting. We're very disappointed to learn about your experience and appreciate you taking time to share your feedback. Take care and all the best to you.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The reviews on Indeed were right

Aug 12, 2022 - Mobile Expert in North East, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am becoming better at sales Commission structure was told is good and looks good so my 30 phone sales should be good. (More to come) Good base pay at $15.00 learning mobile technology more. I now know how to deal with all different types of unruly customers.

Cons

No uniforms so far had to pay for my Walmart “make a uniform”attire Employees that don’t care about their image and being a good person. No real training. Learned the whole process and that there was a process with WARP(selling program for OSL and Walmart) For selling phones. Walmart employees don’t care about you because of the high turnover rate and it makes it difficult to learn where things are and to get keys to unlock phones. No informative manuals on phones other than what the customer has to educate yourself on phones. Annoying Microsoft Meet “high fives” and “ shout outs” that make your notifications go crazy and you have to turn them off. It’s a Canadian company…..which I’m starting to turn into a pro.

Manager

Hello there, and thank you very much for taking time to connect! We appreciate your honest feedback and would love to speak with you further about how we can support you. Could you please give us a call (1-844-694-7675) when you have some time? Thank you again, it's great to have you with us and we hope to hear from you soon!

11. 1.0

For crackheads

Sep 15, 2022 - Mobile Expert
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not a hard job at all

Cons

They’re not gonna train you to do anything and expect sales on you 3-5 day

Manager

Hello there, thank you for taking time to share your review. We would love to connect with you directly about your feedback and how we can support you. Could you please send us an email (info@oslrs.com) with a copy of your review, store information, and any other details you are comfortable in sharing? Thanks again, we hope to hear from you soon!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 141 Reviews
</>Embed

OSL Retail Services Reviews FAQs

Mobile Expert professionals working at OSL Retail Services have rated their employer with 2.6 out of 5 stars in 141 Glassdoor reviews. This is a lower than average score with the overall rating of OSL Retail Services employees being 3.3 out of 5 stars. Search open Mobile Expert Jobs at OSL Retail Services now and start preparing for your job interview by browsing frequently asked Mobile Expert interview questions at OSL Retail Services.

Mobile Expert professionals rate their compensation and benefits at OSL Retail Services with 2.7 out of 5 stars based on 141 anonymously submitted employee reviews. This is 10.5% worse than the company average rating for salary and benefits. Find out more about Mobile Expert salaries and benefits at OSL Retail Services.

26% of Mobile Expert employees at OSL Retail Services would recommend their employer to a friend. This rating has decreased by -39% in the past 12 months. Mobile Expert professionals have also rated OSL Retail Services with a 2.7 rating for work-life-balance, 3.5 rating for diversity and inclusion, 3 rating for culture and values and 2.7 rating for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with OSL Retail Services Job Seekers