OST Global Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Claims Specialist"

Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Hyattsville, MD
    Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Hyattsville, MD

I have been working at OST Global Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours and decent pay

Cons

unorganized staff and work space

Jun 12, 2017 – President/CEO

This person has not worked at OST Global Solutions, Inc. - we don't do claims (we are in the business of winning government contracts) and don't have an office in Hyattsville.

2. "anonymous employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Derwood, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Derwood, MD

I have been working at OST Global Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Provide false promise about length of the Project contact. The pay is low and benefits are not good. Full time employees are treated as contractors and sent home with very short notice. There is no job security.

Cons

Not a great place to work.

Jun 12, 2017 – President/CEO

Not sure if this person actually has worked at OST. We mostly work with 1099s, not employees, and our proposal work duration doesn't get dictated by us, it is something that is dictated by government... More

"OST Global Solutions"

Pros

Good working hours, fair benefits.

Cons

Lacks direction with management. Secretive.

Jun 12, 2017 – President/CEO

Not sure if you are talking about the right company. Never been secretive in my entire life - and I represent the management. Probably posting for a wrong company.

"Work at OST"

Current Employee - Senior Quality Analyst in Derwood, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Quality Analyst in Derwood, MD

I have been working at OST Global Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work hours are Flexible. Working environment is great.

Cons

Benefits are not that great.

Jun 12, 2017 – President/CEO

We have never had a position called a Quality Analyst or a Senior Quality Analyst. Looks like the person meant to review a different company and put their review for us.

5. "Corporate Intern"

Current Intern - Corporate Intern in McLean, VA
    Current Intern - Corporate Intern in McLean, VA

I have been working at OST Global Solutions as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Gained a lot of experience, co workers are very intelligent, looks good on resume.

Cons

Was lied to during recruitment process... Was told internship would last 3-4 months, I have been an intern for the past 9 months and I still am not considered an "official employee" I do not get benefits. There is an communication error within this company

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees, even your interns.

Jun 12, 2017 – President/CEO

We have never had an office in McLean, VA. Our internships are 3 months or 6 months in duration, depending on a position, with a set contract. After the internship, the person is either hired or not... More

6. "software engineer"

Pros

nice building, free parking , nice location

Cons

office politics,no rewards , no promotion, lack of good managers, no clear direction.Employees are commodity, bad management practices, wont provide proper tools & equipment , no 401k until after a year, worse benefits.

Advice to Management

fix management practices .

Jun 12, 2017 – President/CEO

We are a government business development company and have never hired software engineers. This review is for a wrong company.

"Want to work at OST Glocal?"

Current Employee - Area Lead in Pgh Int ArPort, PA
    Current Employee - Area Lead in Pgh Int ArPort, PA

Pros

Dynamic and growing. Still in it's infancy and they are getting their feet wet.

Cons

Management rewards "bad" employees who affect performance scores and seem to tolerate and even promote over more worthy candidates. Management does not back their start performers and have caused many to leave for better opportunities elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Start holding "bad" employees accountable. Start promoting and helping your Rock stars achieve even greater heights and be better Managers.

Jun 12, 2017 – President/CEO

Not sure what OST Glocal is, LOL. We didn't have performance scores back in 2015. Not sure who are the "many to leave" and who are "start performers." Don't believe this person... More

"Business Analyst"

Current Intern - Business Analyst Intern in Rockville, MD
    Current Intern - Business Analyst Intern in Rockville, MD

I have been working at OST Global Solutions as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

great working environment. Managers help you to learn.

Cons

Very limited work in accounting department.

Jun 12, 2017 – President/CEO

We have never had an accounting department intern at OST. Believe this is a wrong company that this person had in mind.

9. "Good company, slight stepping stone"

Former Employee - Project Control Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Project Control Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at OST Global Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small company benefits but tough to get anywhere in certain programs. Good company culture and growth potential but hard to do when many contracts are on the clients sight.

Cons

Small company, so benefits are lacking to complete with the bigger firms. Lack of mentorship and training opportunities didn't offer a benefit for myself

Jun 12, 2017 – President/CEO

We have never had an office in Washington, DC or a position of a Project Control Analyst. Believe this person is talking about a wrong OST.

10. "Good Experience in an Interesting Industry"

Former Intern - Business Development Research Analyst in Rockville, MD
    Former Intern - Business Development Research Analyst in Rockville, MD

I worked at OST Global Solutions as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

You can learn a lot about the government contracting industry, how a small to mid-sized company operates and other working experiences, depending on your position. The people here are friendly and even though they will not sit next to you all the time to show you how to do things, they're always available for questions. The CEO is very easygoing and I am so glad that I worked under her. The company has comfortable working environment in a nice building. Schedule is very flexible, especially for interns who might have schedule conflicts. Many people complain that this is an unpaid internship but it's not the case. First, most companies do so nowadays. Second, why would you complain when that is what you would have agreed on when you apply for the internship. Finally, isn't the purpose of getting an internship to gain experiences?

Cons

It can be a little hard to adapt to the working culture at first. During the first week I had a lot to read but it was all about government contracts and bidding. However, they are implementing guidance for new employees so things are getting better.

Advice to Management

It would be great if the company can document how things are done so that new employees can adapt to the working culture at OST Global Solutions quicker and more easily.

Jun 12, 2017 – President/CEO

Thank you very much for your review. We have done a lot to ensure we have documented our processes and procedures, to ensure that everyone who joins can hit their ground running faster. We now have... More