OSibeyond Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

"Very Exciting Times"

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at OSibeyond full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined OSIbeyond with not a lot of professional I.T. experience, and when I jumped right into the mix, the company was in their busiest month of the year and I received very little attention or training, but that just gave me the opportunity to learn on my own, and I was recognized for it within a few weeks of starting at the company. I was extremely pleased to see that hard work does not go unnoticed. We are gaining clients at a rapid rate and hiring new marketing/sales team members so the growth is quite evident. Benefits are great and include:
    - 2 weeks PTO
    - Comprehensive 401(k) plan
    - Personal Training/Certification Reimbursement
    - Full Medical/Dental/Life Insurance coverage on higher than average plans
    - Parking/Transportation Reimbursement

I can't say any bad thing about this company.

Cons

Like I said above, at times it seemed like I wasn't receiving enough attention or training to do my work, but looking back, that was simply because that particular quarter was extremely busy, as things migrated to a slower season, I of course started receiving all the training needed. Things take time. If anything, the busyness allowed me to be more exposed to my work at a faster pace.

Advice to Management

Continue encouraging your employees and building this incredible product. Things are looking good and I hope that they only get better as we grow more.

"Rapidly Growing Company"

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at OSibeyond full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is rapidly growing, so that means its a very fast paced job, you have to be able to handle wearing many hats as it is part of working for a small and growing firm. If you are looking for a cushy 9-5 job then this is not the company for you, and I was clearly told what to expect in my interview so there were no surprises, in other words no one forced me to take this job. Most of my coworkers are young and energetic individuals who are eager to learn and work their way up. If you are willing to put in the hard work and effort you can easily move up in this company.

The salaries are competitive to other places, we get two weeks PTO, full medical, dental, vision, and life insurance all paid for by the company. So you can't complain too much about the benefits. Of course it would always be nice to have more.

Cons

Working for a small firm means everyone is expected to do their part to help the team. That includes working on weekends etc. So this could be a "Con" to some people, but anyone who has worked in IT knows that it is a 24x7 job. Let's just say there is no room for being lazy, and those type of people usually don't last at the company for more than a year.

IT is a service industry, so you have to continuously ensure that your clients are satisfied. As a consultant you are out front and dealing with the clients on a daily basis, and from time to time there will be those clients who are more difficult than others. But that is simply part of the consulting business, if you are looking to hide out in a server room somewhere and not deal with people then this is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

I've seen a lot of changes and improvements to the company, benefits, and perks over the past few years that I've been here. I'd like to see that trend continue.

"Most exacting technical standards I've ever seen"

Current Employee - Engineer in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Engineer in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at OSibeyond full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a sustained pressure to maintain high standards for customers and it shows. General work environment is awesome. As long as standards are being maintained, management is flexible about how/why/where.

Cons

OSI is a smaller (but growing) company, so benefits are not amazing, but are improving.

"Growing company"

I have been working at OSibeyond part-time

Pros

Some benefits working at a growing company: exposure to different environments and no bs

Cons

There was not a lot of control over certain things at the beginning but this has changed over time

"Avoid This company at all costs"

I have been working at OSibeyond full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you work here you will have a job, only pro!

Cons

At start this place doesn't seem like a bad place to work, but as things go on you learn quickly that it was a mistake working here. This is not a good company to work for, however it does have some good clients but some bad clients as well. Anyone experienced in the field knows small client with low budgets will always complain.

Also I dont believe the 5 star reviews here are real, all posted on the same date pretty much.

Advice to Management

Too many to list

"I regret working here everyday"

I have been working at OSibeyond full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I wish there was some Pros to list, but none that come to mind. Only Pro is possibly that it can be a stepping stone for your career, if you stay for a year or less, but dont plan on staying too long.

Cons

Not a friendly work environment, low pay, low compensation, no coverage on expenses. Micro management on every task.

Advice to Management

Work on understanding your employees and their needs.

"Great Pool of Talent"

I have been working at OSibeyond full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being a recent college graduate and eager to learn as much as I can, I couldn't have made a better life changing decision to be a part of something great. I felt my IT skills were exceptional, but after joining a team of very knowledgeable individuals I soon came to realize how much I am left to learn. I'm surrounded with a great team that is eager to take what I know and take it to the next level. The best part about it all though is that along with a very knowledgeable team and great service, we have fun while doing it.

I would also like to acknowledge the pool of clients that OSIbeyond serves. Having working with all the users, I've come to realize how relaxed and approachable they are. It makes serving the clients more enjoyable. I'm very much surprised by the atmosphere that has been able to be created here. Very positive

Cons

Office space can be a little cramp at times, but with recent organization it's a lot better. Wish there was slightly more room. I can see the company expanding in due time.

"World Class Team"

I have been working at OSibeyond full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company has one of the best group of people I have ever worked with. The commitment and dedication that each individual has not only to their job, but also the company and their coworkers, is absolutely admiring. There is a sense a fraternity that exists amongst the team, if one person needs help, others are there to support them. It is this type of work environment that makes getting up every morning and going to work exciting. Having coworkers that you get a long with and can have a great relationship both in the office and outside of the office is priceless. How often can you say that about everyone that you work with.

Cons

As a small company, we often have to wear many hats. So everyone is expected to step up and do their part to help as a team. So this can sometimes be a minor annoyance, but that is something you can expect when you sign up for the job.

Advice to Management

Continue the relaxed and flexible office policies.

"One of the Worst Places I have ever worked!!!!!"

I worked at OSibeyond full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Clients for the most part but some really bad ones as well

Cons

- The owner is the worse part of this company, he is very arrogant and will always take the clients word over his own engineers, he will also back stab you if he feels it will benefit him or his company
    - The pay and benefits are not competitive for the work required
    - Work long hours with little compensation
    - Drive a lot , and no pay for gas or parking
    - No health insurance or other types of benefits
    - Time tracking is too tedious, every 15 minutes has to be tracked in a time sheet you will spend 30 minutes to an hour entering time sheets and reports everyday
    - You are constantly criticized and given no credit for good work, also the owner trusts no one

Advice to Management

This goes mostly to the owner , he needs to learn to be humble and appreciate is employees