OUM & Co. LLP Reviews | Glassdoor

OUM & Co. LLP CEO Chris Millias
Chris Millias
  1. "Great Bay Area firm"

I have been working at OUM & Co. LLP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good balance of clients, both public and private. Great co-workers, probably the best part of the firm are the people. Good benefits for a public accounting firm, especially the PTO policy.

Cons

High turnover, which is typical for public accounting, but leads to new people taking on new roles often.

OUM & Co. LLP2019-01-11
  2. "Amazing Place to Grow, and Showcase your Individual Strengths"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OUM & Co. LLP full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing place for growth opportunities. They are both strategic and very agile with their business model as well as their clients. From the top partners and all current managers, everyone has a "make it happen" attitude. I don't remember the last time I worked with people like this. I'm given the opportunity to make strategic decisions, and I don't need to go up 10 levels to get approvals as the partners have their... doors open to everyone. Definitely does not compare to the big four where you might be a little fish in a big pond. Here, you are a larger fish and you have a say in what is happening.

Cons

I don't have any yet, and probably will not as the team is truly genuine and easy to work with, but will update if I do.

Advice to Management

From my perspective, and now at almost 2 months on the job, I feel that management is on the right path for growth and success. They seem to have all of their ducks lined up in a row, and are currently aggressively looking to grow the business by hiring top talent.

OUM & Co. LLP2018-11-12

"Great Firm"

I have been working at OUM & Co. LLP full-time

Pros

Interesting clients, regional firm lifestyle with the chance to work on SEC jobs, good benefits, friendly work environment (not a you or me competitive attitude)

Cons

Long hours (less than Big 4, but in line with other regional firms)

OUM & Co. LLP2017-11-18

"Great place for professional growth"

Current Employee - Tax Staff in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OUM & Co. LLP full-time for more than a year

Pros

- flexible and accommodating schedules - great place to learn and work on various aspects of tax - opportunity to work with everyone at every level (staff to partner) - managers are a great support system - I get the feeling that everyone cares about me and my work is appreciated (sounds cliche, but it's true!) - variety of challenging work, which is great for career advancement - due to the size of the firm, your... suggestions and thoughts are heard and considered

Cons

- High turn over low hiring - under qualified staff/under staffed - difficult to maintain work life balance with the demanding worklife style in public accounting - management does not always follow through with intented initiatives - lacks transparency between management and staff - slow promotion within the firm

Advice to Management

As a level below manager level, we understand that manager levels and above are important but please remeber the levels below manager level also contribute their time and efforts to the firm. Making decisions that benefit manager levels do not have to be at the expense of the levels under them. That hurts moral and the overall culture at the firm.

OUM & Co. LLP2017-09-22

"Audit Review"

Current Employee - Audit Senior in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OUM & Co. LLP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

OUM is a great firm to work for because there are opportunities to grow professionally, their compensation is competitive, and they have a clientele in variety of industries from real estate, life sciences, and technology. People in the firm are friendly and they genuinely care.

Cons

Depending on what clients you are on, it can get quite busy. This is expected in public accounting.

OUM & Co. LLP2017-07-26

"Decent Public Accounting Firm"

Current Employee - Tax Staff in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OUM & Co. LLP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Experience from a varied client base provides a solid foundation for Tax.

Cons

They have taken away overtime and bank time benefits which is one of the things that differentiated them from other public accounting firms.

Advice to Management

Keep in mind how some decisions can affect employees on all levels and how it can impact turnover

OUM & Co. LLP2017-08-11

"Tax"

Current Employee - Senior Tax Profesiona in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OUM & Co. LLP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a small, nimble, highly technical, fun place to work. Great benefits, including a lot of PTO, 100% health paid, market based salary, and bonuses truly based on my performance! Very fair!!! Interesting and complex clients. Taking care of clients, and their people are top of order! They even take the entire firm on an annual fun trip! Since I've been there, we've gone to Vegas twice, Lake Tahoe, Hawaii... and San Diego is coming up this year!

Cons

Not well known, or to put a positive spin on it...the best kept secret! There are 2 busy seasons for sure that really spike in hours..55-65...sometimes difficult to turn on the mind-set, but really not much different from other CPA firms.

Advice to Management

A little more PTO would be nice, and a little more communication and transparency around the company and how we are doing, especially compared to other firms in the industry.

OUM & Co. LLP2017-07-26
  8. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Audit Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OUM & Co. LLP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

OUM is a great company to work for. The people here are awesome - everyone is a team player. The partners really value the employees. They recognize the success of the firm relies on hiring and retaining quality people, and they reward us accordingly, including annual firm trips (Hawaii last year!). The opportunities for growth at OUM are so much more than you’d get at other firms. We operate as a smaller firm so... you get to work on a variety of clients and industries and you get exposed to auditing more areas early on in your career, but we also audit public companies and do SOX consulting so you get to add that technical experience to your resume working here.

Cons

It's public accounting, so of course there are stints when you work long hours, but they do their best, and we get a generous PTO policy to offset the busy times.

9. "Tax Review"

Current Employee - Tax Senior in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OUM & Co. LLP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome firm with great opportunity for growth. This firm services an extremely diverse, challenging, and loyal group of clientele from all entity types. If you are seeking an opportunity to learn tax fast, this is the place for you! OUM offers competitive pay and management actively tries to balance workload to promote work/life balance. Lower chargeable hours requirement than most firms.

Cons

Tax season can get rather busy, but this is true for all public accounting.

OUM & Co. LLP2016-10-26
  10. "Review"

I worked at OUM & Co. LLP

Pros

Great company to gain a variety of experience working with multiple types of returns.

Cons

There are really no cons specific to OUM, any "downsides" relate to the public accounting industry in general.

OUM & Co. LLP2016-06-30