OVO Energy Reviews

Updated Jan 26, 2021

3.2
OVO Energy CEO Stephen Fitzpatrick
Stephen Fitzpatrick
Pros
  • "free breakfast (toast and cereal)(in 45 reviews)

• "Ovo Energy cares about their employees(in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • "A good measure of an employer is how they treat you once they no longer need you, and Ovo was 5/5(in 33 reviews)

• "Company can be very fast paced which is not for everyone(in 16 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Loved every minute"

Former Employee - CSA in Bristol, VA

I worked at OVO Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing colleagues, subsidised friska on site, socials,

Cons

None that I can think of

May 6, 2020The People Team

Hey, thank you so much for taking the time to review :) It's great to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and we agree - the people are what makes OVO a great place to work! We hope you're keeping well in these unprecedented times Good luck with your next adventure!

"Very poor, gone from bad to worse"

1.0
    Current Employee - Smart Meter Engineer

I have been working at OVO Energy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Spend a lot of time on the road so still retain a certain amount of autonomy. Dealing with customers who are almost always great and understand the short comings of the technology we use.

Cons

Only “big 6” company to not pay 100% furlough, Managers are all yes men who have no idea how to do the job. Company are already committed to reducing our terms and conditions.

July 9, 2020The People Team

Hello there, It's great to hear you have a great relationship with our customers and enjoy the autonomy of your role. We did have to furlough a number of our employees due to the restrictions of COVID19. The government furlough scheme covers 80% of salaries to be paid, up to a maximum of £2500. At OVO, we made the decision to cover 80% of salary without any cap, and covered the extra cost above the support the government had put in place. We appreciate this is a very hard time for everyone right now and if you have any suggestions of how better we can support, please do feed this back to your HR Business Partner. Thanks

3. "Making the world a better place"

Current Employee - Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor in London, England

I have been working at OVO Energy full-time

Pros

- Plan Zero mission is very motivating, it's rewarding to know the work that you do is contributing to a net zero carbon world - Not your typical energy company, very fast paced and agile, more like a tech business - Autonomous working - your manager is more like a coach, you can do what you think is best and ask for support if required - Really bright, innovative team - Have a clear personal development plan to take my career to the next level

Cons

- There's so much going on at once, there's a chance you could be overwhelmed, but I really enjoy the challenge and try my best to prioritise work

January 22, 2021Employee Engagement Business Partner

Thanks for leaving us a five-star review! We're glad you're enjoying being part of the team - it's great to hear you're finding this a motivating and rewarding place to work.

4. "Great company"

Current Employee - UK HSE Manager in Bristol, England

I have been working at OVO Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

really friendly environment to work in, great core values

Cons

pay recognition, but overall no cons

January 22, 2021Employee Engagement Business Partner

Thanks for leaving us a review. That's great to hear you're enjoying being part of the team and you're engaged with our values. If you'd like to have a chat about pay recognition, please reach out to your People Business Partner or email hrhelpdesk@ovoenergy.com.

5. "Great company to work for"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Smart Meter Engineer in Worthing, South East England, England

I have been working at OVO Energy full-time

Pros

Friendly, caring, helpful, well payed

Cons

none yet that i have found

January 22, 2021Employee Engagement Business Partner

Thanks for leaving us a fantastic review! We're glad you're finding this a caring, helpful and friendly place to work.

6. "Fast moving company, big ambitions"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

I have been working at OVO Energy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Entrepreneurial, opportunity to learn, brilliant people, highly collaborative

Cons

Can sometimes feel a bit chaotic given rapid growth, priorities can quickly change which can make it challenging to keep focus

Continue reading
  7. "Progressive and Inclusive place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at OVO Energy part-time for more than a year

Pros

OVO has a great mission (Plan Zero) and a really inclusive culture. The people I work with are collaborative, kind, forward thinking and supportive. The fact that we have moved to flexible, choice-based working permanently has meant that I have a great work / life balance. The work is interesting and we are given the freedom to decide how we reach our goals. OVO moves at a fast pace and is constantly striving to find a better way, so there are always new and innovative projects to work on.

Cons

Change is a constant here and won't be for everyone but in my opinion this is a plus as no day is the same!

January 22, 2021Employee Engagement Business Partner

Thanks for leaving us a five-star review! That's great to hear that our flexible ways of working are really beneficial for you and that you're finding this an innovative and forward-thinking place to work. We’ve been through lots of change quite quickly as business and we do have lots in place to support with that if you need it - please just take a look at our intranet or have a chat to your line manager.

8. "Good career development"

Current Employee - Site Support in Bristol, England

I have been working at OVO Energy full-time

Pros

Good career development if you work hard

Cons

Changes very frequently and too many redundancy

January 22, 2021Employee Engagement Business Partner

Thanks for leaving us a review. That's great that you really value the career development we offer. We’ve been through lots of change quite quickly as business, which can seem unsettling, but there’s lots of support in place to help with that - please just take a look at our intranet or have a chat to your line manager.

9. "Awesome Company, a bit disorganised"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Sofia

I have been working at OVO Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with great new tech, very friendly colleagues, people generally fun and helpful. Lots of internal communities.

Cons

A lot of legacy problems with internal data, combined with atrocious state of the industry data in general. Not enough guidance from senior staff.

January 22, 2021Employee Engagement Business Partner

Thanks for giving us a five-star review! That's great to hear you're enjoying working with us and being part of our team. We're keen to hear about the guidance you'd find helpful - please have a chat to your line manager, your People Business Partner or email hrhelpdesk@ovoenergy.com so we can find out more.

10. "All round good place"

Former Employee - Customer Operations Advisor in Bristol, England

I worked at OVO Energy full-time

Pros

Excellent team and work benefits

Cons

Head office out of touch with staff

January 22, 2021Employee Engagement Business Partner

Thanks for leaving us a review. That's great that you enjoyed being part of our team and the benefits we offer. We're keen to hear your thoughts and suggestions on head office - please email hrhelpdesk@ovoenergy.com so we can find out more.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 283 English Reviews