Oakland Raiders Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Amy Trask

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great culture, sad to leave"

I worked at Oakland Raiders part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great culture. Entry level positions were treated equally in the breakrooms. Spent many lunches with my Senior VP. Organization very big on "family" aspect.

-Lots of work with other departments. Constantly learning about other fields of work and can openly learn about the new fields of interest.

-Spoiled by organization. Constantly gifted with team sportswear and memorabilia as a reminder that we are appreciated.

-Lots of room for growth. They prefer to higher within.

Cons

-Politics for higher level positions (as is the case of any company)

-Difficult to manage the hours of an organization who thrives on hosting events on nights and weekends.

Advice to Management

More support with work/life balance or at least support with energy management. Check in with team to prevent burn-outs.

2. "Guest services"

I worked at Oakland Raiders part-time

Pros

Flexible work hours fun interactive with guest

Cons

Standing 8/9 hours nonstop

3. "Great Experience"

Former Employee - Intern in Alameda, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Alameda, CA

I worked at Oakland Raiders (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome experience working in the back office of a well run and respectful organization. Strong leadership and high expectations make everyone want to do their best.

Cons

It's a shame the team is leaving Oakland for Las Vegas.

Advice to Management

Your value comes from your fans. Try to stop moving around so much.

4. "Honest Perspective"

I worked at Oakland Raiders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- I had the opportunity to work my way up from a part time event staff to a full time staff member
    - Given opportunity on high profile programs
    - Work recognized by some high level executives
    - Creation of valued relationships with people who genuinely cared
    - (NOTE) This profile specifically mentions Amy Trask as the president who is no longer in the position. My review is specifically for the current president, Marc Badain. I really enjoyed the opportunity to work for and with Marc. Marc was a great visionary and he was always extremely transparent and honest about certain large scale issues with the staff. Although not the same for all staff, he specifically recognized my work and effort. It was a defining point in my career to have him write a hand written note commending me on my effort on a large scale project.

Cons

- Vision and goals inconsistent throughout the organization
    - Dominant clicks heavily making day to day decisions
    - Stop of growth and upward movement after a certain point
    - Inconsistencies of treatment from employee to employee
    - Extreme lack of training and on-boarding; new employees often thrown into the fire and are automatically expected to produce results
    - Large amount of hours expected to be worked; skewed perspective of life and work balance
    - Managers often difficult to approach
    - Received some cool perks, but I really didn't get to partake because my particular responsibilities didn't allow. I.E. Got season tickets, but didnt event know where my seats were because I never had time to use my tickets
    - Benefits was ok I guess. I was extremely happy with the salary provided as I initially received full time status. But after experiencing the full brunt of the hours I was expected to work, it was not worth it at all.

Advice to Management

- Take the time and listen to your lower level employees as they are the life blood of operations you are doing.
    - Reward with more career driven incentives rather than clothes, tickets, and superficial benefits

5. "People were nice. Not much room for growth."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Oakland, CA

I worked at Oakland Raiders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sometimes we'd share meals with the teams. Your own season tickets. training camp.

Cons

dealing with a lot of grumpy fans.

Advice to Management

Don't move to Vegas.

6. "Raiders"

I have been working at Oakland Raiders full-time

Pros

You get to work in the National Football League.

Cons

The company does not care about getting better, improving as an organization or making their employees happy.

Advice to Management

You need to put more resources into your employees. You also need to find a number of outside people to add new blood into the company. Too many executive people that don't have experience within other organizations.

7. "Great Company"

Pros

Great company, director of leagues could be better. But overall had a great time. Pay was good, could have more incentives. This was just so much fun tho....

Cons

Little advancement, salary is not that great, no benefits such as medical, dental, vision, but hey what can you say when you get to watch football all day. Even tho the football is not that great. Flag football is like soccer.

Advice to Management

Respect your staff, do not treat everyone like they are replaceable. SHould have more employee incentives such as bonuses, PTO, 401k, but hey you know how this goes when there is greed involved.

8. "Awesome Summer Job"

Former Employee - Grounds Crew in Alameda, CA
    Former Employee - Grounds Crew in Alameda, CA

I worked at Oakland Raiders part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Diverse tasks, amazing coworkers, and a unique opportunity to see a professional football team operate from the inside. The work was rewarding, although backbreaking. Definitely beats sitting in the office. Pay is great, and benefits range from meals to shoes.

Cons

Sometimes conditions are rough. Lazy or slow workers need not apply. You will fear the "divot walk", which involves you checking and rechecking every five yard stretch of the practice fields for damage to the grass.

Advice to Management

The Head Groundskeeper puts an incredible amount of effort into his job. Sometimes I felt his work was not appreciated enough, especially since his job is absolutely critical to the performance of the players.

9. "Hard Work - Good Perks"

Pros

if you are a football fan this is a good fit. You get tickets to the games and access to some exclusive events. Also lunch is served for free during the football season.

Cons

Long hours, few vacation days, and not the most glamorous work. High volume of calls, but if you like talking football it could be for you.

Advice to Management

A little more leniency in terms of hours and vacation days would go a long way. I don't think the employees were always feeling the love.

10. "HR Adminstrator"

Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Oakland Raiders (More than a year)

Pros

Great Energy , Good leadership , great bosses , learning curve

Cons

Good company to work for . good leadership no cons so far fun environment good busy