Oakley Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Oakley CEO Colin Baden
Colin Baden

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management is moving Oakley to resemble their other companies and brands (in 20 reviews)

• Low Pay, can be stressful at times (in 14 reviews)

1. "Eyewear Consultant"

Current Employee - Eyewear Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Eyewear Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Oakley (More than a year)

Pros

Great discount, exciting work environment

Cons

Compensation does not suit Colorado's economy

2. "Decent Pay. Bad group of co-workers"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Castle Rock, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Castle Rock, CO

I worked at Oakley part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot! All about the sunglasses and more but the training didn't continue like they said it would so it took me a while to feel comfortable and get a lot of sales. I ended up doing really great and they started getting bonuses which was awesome! Competitive yet we still had to work as a team.

Cons

I didn't get trained in completely, everyone knew each other and it was hard to fit in and I am honestly the type of person that can get along with anyone so it sucked. My hard work hardly ever felt appreciated. I enjoyed keeping the place clean but I would still get in trouble for doing a thing or two wrong. I wanted to stay and get promoted but I guess they didn't see that in me. Scheduling was okay.. I worked pretty much full time the whole summer and it was hard to get the days I wanted off regularly.

Advice to Management

The management was good really. Only one of them that I didn't like, but around the time I left a lot of people had left due to moving or other reasons so it was a difficult change. I wish they would have been more prepared since they knew a lot of associates along with the assistant manager was leaving. My particular management should have hired better people at first too. It may be hard choosing people but some really bad ones were chosen and fired quick.

"Review for formerly Oakley (now Luxicotta)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

I worked at Oakley full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance. Great team.

Cons

Hard for females to advance -- unless hired from outside. Year-to-year salary increases are very low (less than inflation 3%) -even when you meet/exceed your yearly goals.

"Opportunities"

Current Employee - Shift Lead in Foothill Ranch, CA
    Current Employee - Shift Lead in Foothill Ranch, CA

I have been working at Oakley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to get job, will hire anyone, great stepping stone in the line of manufacturing and optics, product discounts, employee gatherings, raffles at times, easy to learn, 401k plan, O+ clinic.

Cons

Pay is not that great, management inner circles, doing 3 jobs at once at times, management only sees mistakes, health care plan isn't great, HR not very active, Luxottica HR even worse, schedule not always told on time, days off are hard to get,

Advice to Management

Employees are your number 1. Listen to them. Look for employees that want to grow. Appreciate hard work and don't just look at mistakes. Make HR do their job.

6. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Great discount on spectacles, and fun employment opportunity. Management is nice, and open minded

Cons

Not much to complain about

Advice to Management

Higher commissions

7. "Marketing"

Former Employee - Marketing in Foothill Ranch, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Foothill Ranch, CA

Pros

Great people and young company for sports industry vibe. They listen to new inovative projects but also allow you to grow where you can. Great headquarters and discount.

Cons

Low pay, competitive personalities, low educated employees, higher management can come across as rude and insulting who have no education or experience.

Advice to Management

Work with employees to advance their career or see what areas they would fit better with their talents. Promote raises more often to keep employees longer.

8. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mebane, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mebane, NC

Pros

Great training fun coworkers. The staff had great pride int the products they were selling.

Cons

I did not like the products also it took a long time for me to start earning the commission. Also, there were some days people did not come into the store.

Advice to Management

Either pay more to employees up front and do not offer commission. Or increase advertisement and give employees the ability to earn commission faster.

9. "Oakley at the Outlet Mall in RRTX"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Oakley part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was my first job and they hired me with no experience. Great job especially if you are good with people. Very team-oriented.

Cons

Low pay when you start off. Must know product knowledge very well because it is a concrete part of the job. My raise after six months was 8 cents.

10. "Digital"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

I have been working at Oakley full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Best Digital shop -Oakley is the first organization utilizing the SAP Customer Activity Repository (CAR) and in-memory data store HANA technology
    Smart Thought leadership

Cons

Growth was limited but you still could learn alot about techonlogy

Advice to Management

Remain creative, humble and customer focused at all times

11. "Luxottica"

Current Employee - Customer Service & Dealer Services Supervisor in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I have been working at Oakley full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Oakley has been a great company to work for. Unfortunately, Lux decided to move the Service Center out of state which means I'm about to lose my job very soon.

Cons

Oakley has been great and I would still be employed if it weren't for Lux.