Oakley Reviews | Glassdoor

Oakley Reviews

Updated April 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management is moving Oakley to resemble their other companies and brands (in 20 reviews)

• Low Pay, can be stressful at times (in 14 reviews)

1. "Oakley Vault Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Oakley part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at Oakley do 4+ years. I applied while I was doing pre-reds for nursing school, and here I am, years later, just now hired at my first nursing job. Throughout my schooling I have been able to work a very flexible schedule, as my classes and clinical changes every week. Management has changed multiple times while I have been employeed, but as long as I kept my schedule printed and I worked with the manager at the time, they would work with me to get the best schedule possible. I temporally worked as a Sales Lead (though associate and lead are now called something different) which I really liked. It is not too stressful, it was a management position, so I got to be more helpful to the store then just selling, it was just too many hours with school. I have been very thankful to work for Oakley and will continue to do so at the minimum I can, because I love Oakley!

Cons

I have loved the brand and product for years prior to becoming an employee, and I would imagine with anywhere you work, you get a perspective you didn't have before. These last few years, the company that owns Oakley has made a lot of changes, many of which has caused employees to leave from corporate, and even the stores. Luxoccita honestly is more of a monopoly, so the changes were bound to happen because they own the Oakley brand, but as long as you can go with the flow, and not take changes personally, then it is not too bad.

Advice to Management

Being in AZ, and working for this company for 4 years, we just got our pay "raised" to minimum wage ($10 an hour). It is frustrating as an employee having experience and now making as much, if not less, then those who are getting hired on at minimum or more. We have been told that there will be a means of making this change worth it to the few long term employees, but will not know if that is something until it actually happens. Also, there have been a lot of employees between multiple stores looking to progress through the levels of management, though I have seen a lot of new employees hired from outside companies for those positions. I think the experience from employees who love the company they work for instead of those just looking for the place with the better pay will make better management options.

"Review for formerly Oakley (now Luxicotta)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

I worked at Oakley full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance. Great team.

Cons

Hard for females to advance -- unless hired from outside. Year-to-year salary increases are very low (less than inflation 3%) -even when you meet/exceed your yearly goals.

"Opportunities"

Current Employee - Shift Lead in Foothill Ranch, CA
    Current Employee - Shift Lead in Foothill Ranch, CA

I have been working at Oakley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to get job, will hire anyone, great stepping stone in the line of manufacturing and optics, product discounts, employee gatherings, raffles at times, easy to learn, 401k plan, O+ clinic.

Cons

Pay is not that great, management inner circles, doing 3 jobs at once at times, management only sees mistakes, health care plan isn't great, HR not very active, Luxottica HR even worse, schedule not always told on time, days off are hard to get,

Advice to Management

Employees are your number 1. Listen to them. Look for employees that want to grow. Appreciate hard work and don't just look at mistakes. Make HR do their job.

5. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Great discount on spectacles, and fun employment opportunity. Management is nice, and open minded

Cons

Not much to complain about

Advice to Management

Higher commissions

6. "Marketing"

Former Employee - Marketing in Foothill Ranch, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Foothill Ranch, CA

Pros

Great people and young company for sports industry vibe. They listen to new inovative projects but also allow you to grow where you can. Great headquarters and discount.

Cons

Low pay, competitive personalities, low educated employees, higher management can come across as rude and insulting who have no education or experience.

Advice to Management

Work with employees to advance their career or see what areas they would fit better with their talents. Promote raises more often to keep employees longer.

7. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mebane, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mebane, NC

Pros

Great training fun coworkers. The staff had great pride int the products they were selling.

Cons

I did not like the products also it took a long time for me to start earning the commission. Also, there were some days people did not come into the store.

Advice to Management

Either pay more to employees up front and do not offer commission. Or increase advertisement and give employees the ability to earn commission faster.

8. "Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

I worked at Oakley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, awesome people, location and culture. Great perks

Cons

Shift in the business and uncertainity

Advice to Management

Keep the jobs local!

9. "Oakley at the Outlet Mall in RRTX"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Oakley part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was my first job and they hired me with no experience. Great job especially if you are good with people. Very team-oriented.

Cons

Low pay when you start off. Must know product knowledge very well because it is a concrete part of the job. My raise after six months was 8 cents.

10. "Digital"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

I have been working at Oakley full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Best Digital shop -Oakley is the first organization utilizing the SAP Customer Activity Repository (CAR) and in-memory data store HANA technology
    Smart Thought leadership

Cons

Growth was limited but you still could learn alot about techonlogy

Advice to Management

Remain creative, humble and customer focused at all times

11. "Luxottica"

Current Employee - Customer Service & Dealer Services Supervisor in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I have been working at Oakley full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Oakley has been a great company to work for. Unfortunately, Lux decided to move the Service Center out of state which means I'm about to lose my job very soon.

Cons

Oakley has been great and I would still be employed if it weren't for Lux.