Oakwood Systems Group Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Oakwood Systems Group President & CEO Charles Windsor
Charles Windsor

1. "Truly World Class Talent"

I have been working at Oakwood Systems Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. People are smart, hard working, and friendly.
    2. Compensation is above average.
    3. Interesting projects to work on.

Cons

1. Health insurance plan leaves something to be desired (though this is offset by salary).
    2. This market is getting saturated. However I would still recommend taking a job here over 90% of companies.

Advice to Management

Management is not not a problem here. But it would be nice to have more opportunities to work on entrepreneurial projects. Lots of companies are starting to allow "passion projects" on the clock. With so much tech talent here, I bet amazing things could come of a program like this. Plus, the consulting business has so many ups and downs, you would probably never lose any profitability.

"Oakwood focuses on being the premier leader of technology expertise. I was proud to be a member of the Oakwood family!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Oakwood Systems Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teamwork flows throughout the organization. The sharing of best practices, the encouragement of continual learning, and the family like atmosphere was fantastic!

Cons

at times there were tight deadlines based on client demands, but that goes along with any position.

Advice to Management

more consistent / measurable feedback is always encouraged and helpful - to help take employees to the next level.

"Oakwood Systems Group is a great company."

Former Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Oakwood Systems Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Professional and friendly environment, good benefits, steady work for most roles, big growth on the horizon, lots of in-office perks.

Cons

Oakwood was unable to continue finding work to fit my career path due to extenuating circumstances, location changes for other employees could be frequent

Advice to Management

Don't lose your personal touch as Oakwood skyrockets.

Oakwood Systems Group Response

Nov 3, 2014 – Sr. Director, Marketing

Thanks so much for taking time to provide feedback. We wish you the best in your future and we'll keep our focus on our treating our consultants and clients with the utmost respect, appreciation and ... More

"Great Place to Work! Lot's of Potential for Career Growth!"

I have been working at Oakwood Systems Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get to work with latest technologies. Operational Support for clients is minimal. Most of the time we work on a project or implementation then turn over the keys to the client for day-to-day administration and support, which is great and takes a lot of headaches out of this type of work when compared to working a typical IT job for a single organization. Growth in experience is also fast passed having the opportunity to work for multiple organizations and this can help elevate career.

Cons

Minor bumps and challenges due to growing company. Management does a decent job of adjusting to this but sometimes can be challenging to delivery consultants.

Advice to Management

Sometimes there is too much focus on trying to grow and client engagements tend get a lack of attention. Things sometimes slip through the cracks resulting in tension with the client that can put projects at risk. Keep the mindset of growing the firm, but don't forget about the bread and butter which is the work on the ground.

6. "Growing company, good projects, great people, good environment"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Great team of people, I always can get help when I need it, and I get asked for help too. New office is cool. Opportunity to learn. Microsoft partnership is very good. I like the variety of projects I get to do, and seeing how different companies use technology.

Cons

Sometimes it seems like there is too much going on. Very busy place. On the other hand, I am never bored.

Advice to Management

Glad I joined Oakwood. I like the social aspects of the company and the chance to get to know my co-workers even if i'm not on a project with them or they are in a different practice.

7. "Cool Place to work!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Fun and smart people, exciting envrionment, good leadership, awesome clients, interesting projects

Cons

nowhere to hide if you're used to hanging in a cube and doing your own thing

Advice to Management

spend more money on consultant training

"Oakwood offers an engaging, challenging and fun work environment for Microsoft technology consultants."

I have been working at Oakwood Systems Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The teamwork has been great, people are helpful and the environment is fun. It's a work hard, play hard environment. Getting certified in current Microsoft technologies is encouraged, and rewarded.

Cons

The pace can be tough, but that's not unique to Oakwood, that's consulting in general.

Advice to Management

Oakwood does a good job of letting people pursue what's interesting to them - continue to empower your staff by encouraging that.

Oakwood Systems Group Response

Nov 3, 2014 – Sr. Director, Marketing

Thanks for the information. We'll continue to work hard at enabling our people to grow and to pursue their interests. We can only get there through the talent and creativity of great people like you. ... More