Oatey Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
John McMillan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good company to work for. Management has done a good job staffing up and eliminating Saturday work from the plant."

Current Employee - Production Team Lead in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Production Team Lead in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Oatey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plant supervision cares about us, good benefits. Opportunities for people that want to grow and work hard, recognition given for hard work.

Cons

Equipment issues, but has gotten much better in the last several months. Difficult to work with some new associates, not everyone cares how the company performs.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay connected with the floor.

2. "All"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Oatey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very awesome company to work for. Seems that their #1 asset is their employees. Hey are very careful to make sure they hire best in class. The focus is on character, values, integrity. The technical stuf. They will teach you. Truly family-like setting. Regardless of the department, people will rush to help. A lot of opportunity for advancement, "the sky is the limit". Top management (allCOO,CEO,CFO, etc and vices) are very "down to earth" people. Most of the time the title is not even noticeable during interactions.

Cons

Can't think of any. Hope none will come up in the future

Advice to Management

God bless you, keep growing. Congrats on 100 yrs in business.

"Good Employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Good benefits, good working environment, ability to advance, ethical work practices, excellent product line, good co-workers

Cons

Heavy work load due to cross functional departments.

Advice to Management

Assess actual work performed within the salary associates. Cross functional duties should be limited. Too much expected.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Oatey (More than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation is competitive. Great work environment with good people that are always willing to help you succeed. Oatey always strives to live up to its values and mission

Cons

The company is growing and has tailored many opportunities to the newer, younger workforce. However, there are limited opportunities for advancement for seasoned veterans.

Advice to Management

It's good to see that growth is bringing in young talent in the company and providing opportunities for them to grow. But don't forget about the talented contributors that helped to provide the foundation for the companies growth.

5. "middle of the road"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Oatey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gained great lean experience and was able to wear many hats here.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity for growth due to size of company.

6. "Love my job"

Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Oatey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

very nice employees that are genuine and kind

Cons

lack of communication from leadership. Directors and above are very tight lipped about what's going on. Associates are left in the dark.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. There are a lot of talented people that's opinion should be asked.

"Great place to make a difference, committed to employees & the community"

Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Oatey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Comprehensive interview process which allows both the company & candidate to ensure a good fit.

* Sincere commitment to philanthropic causes. Employees and managers are not only supported to make a difference in the community, they’re encouraged.

* Friendly culture that expects & values performance without being abrasive.

* Extremely competitive benefits program which goes above and beyond most employers.

* A very stable, 100 yr old company that’s big enough to offer professional challenges without being too big for an individual to make a difference.

* Company appreciates the importance of systems and makes investments in this area to improve the business.

Cons

I read the Glassdoor reviews both before accepting with Oatey and about 6 months after. I can understand that some employees may not have had a good experience for various reasons and this is going to the case at any company, but frankly I’m surprised by a couple of the negative, reviews. My role requires me to regularly work with employees in different functions and fortunately I have yet to see any major, systemic cultural issues. I’ve worked in large multinationals and small private companies and find Oatey a great place to continue my career and make a difference both within the company and community. Oatey has won the North Coast 99 Best Places to work in NE Ohio 6 times, including this year, so apparently I’m not the only one with that opinion!

* Some facilities in Cleveland need a makeover and more room. The brand new HQ planned for 2016 should be a big help here.

* Some internal processes need work to improve consistency in the operation. Continue to focus on Lean initiatives.

Advice to Management

* Continue to leverage the strong Oatey brand while increasing development and delivery of new products to the market.

"Terrible"

Current Employee - Production Support in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Production Support in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Oatey full-time

Pros

Better than being unemployed and homeless.

Cons

Bad management, outdated equipment, long hours,poor raises, no vacation or time off of any type for a full year from hire date, bad upper management.

Advice to Management

Go ahead and stop hating your workforce. Treat people like they matter. Be truthful in the hiring process about amount of hours required in a week.

9. "Great! Great! Great!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Pros

Great company with a future. Many opportunities. Decent pay.

Cons

Many hours, not up front about that when you start. We are a 4 - 10 shift but constantly are working Friday / Saturday as well.

Advice to Management

Get a weekend shift to cover the extra scheduling or downtime don't force it to your current employees then demand they show up.

10. "order picker"

Former Employee - Order Picker in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Order Picker in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Oatey (Less than a year)

Pros

great place to work and love the work given.

Cons

none everything about the job was cool very clean and safe place to work.

Advice to Management

great people.