Oberto Brands Reviews | Glassdoor

Tom Hernquist

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great future"

I have been working at Oberto Brands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love that everyone cares a lot about the company and doing the right thing. There is a new energy with a lot of great products.

Cons

Still going through growing pains but that comes with any entrepreneur model. The best solution is always one that helps your product be the best tasting choice for all consumers.

Advice to Management

Continue to work together.

2. "Great place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

I have been working at Oberto Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Company environment and Executives provide a professional "business casual," uplifting and contemporary place to work. There is an open-door policy with all Managers, Supervisors and Executives. I have never been made to feel that my input is unimportant or been denied additional training in order to better learn and prosper in order to contribute in the position hired for.

Cons

Parking right now, undergoing a lot of construction and physical changes.

Advice to Management

Work on communication between department to department. At times it seems like there a several different companies under one roof.

3. "Seem to be getting back on track"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Kent, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Kent, WA

I worked at Oberto Brands full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great products that are getting even better, new innovative items such as trail mix and pepperoni jerky (why didn't somebody think of that sooner?!). I have watched Oberto go through many changes over the years and they look to really be catching the (Oberto) vision again as they near their 100th anniversary.

Cons

Competition has siphoned off too large a portion of the category, always playing catch up to the 600 pound gorilla from Minong, WI.

Advice to Management

Silos can kill a project. Lower the walls and work together for team success. Keep improving the products. Promote the heck out of the 10oz before OT owns it all.

4. "Work Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

I worked at Oberto Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

none I can think of

Cons

Take care of your employees

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees they are the core of your business

"Rewarding Place To Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

I have been working at Oberto Brands full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Oberto is a strong company with a bright future. Oberto is a fun and rewarding place to work, with many exciting opportunities. Oberto believes in promoting from within and giving their employees opportunities to succeed. I started at Oberto 20 years ago as a production worker and I have worked my up to a management position in the Quality Assurance department. The company pays competitive wages and has a great benefits package. I enjoy working with my coworkers and I feel that my contributions are valued. Oberto has brought in many new employees in the past few years and they have brought a new energy to the company. There is a good work-life balance and I feel appreciated by my manager.

Cons

There could be better communication between departments, and sometimes everyone is not quite on the same page, but improvements are being made.

Advice to Management

Continue to build a solid foundation, and keep building on recent successes. Continue to invest in your employees and keep coming up with great products.

"Rewarding Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

I have been working at Oberto Brands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I find Oberto to be inclusive, fun, challenging, and rewarding. We have a strong and competent management team who is good about acknowledging good work. My favorite thing about Oberto is the company is always evolving - new opportunities and new positions are created often (not to mention, we are constantly creating new products). Furthermore, I feel the company is very fair with compensation and very generous with benefits. I am grateful to be employed at Oberto!

Cons

Communication can sometimes be a challenge between departments, but I believe this is true for most organizations.

"Growing & maturing - great people and fun environment!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

I have been working at Oberto Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance!! Appreciates diversity and other experience employees bring to the job. Everyone knows each other and activities and event encourage this. Lots of great new products!

Cons

Growing (maturing) pains have caused higher turnover in some areas.

Advice to Management

Stay the course, you're doing a great job! Continue to walk the talk.

"Machine Operator"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Kent, WA
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Kent, WA

I worked at Oberto Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

close to bus station, easy job (depending where you work)

Cons

lot of responsibilities, low safety, low management, no lunch break given (just 10 mins break to eat your lunch.

Advice to Management

give employee lunch break.

Oberto Brands Response

Jul 12, 2017 – Human Resources Director

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Oberto. Your input and feedback is vitally important to us.

For our employee’s personal safety and health, it is important that they take... More

"Just dont."

I worked at Oberto Brands full-time

Pros

Some really sweet old timers there.

Cons

Huge turnover. HUGE. I'm talking corporate, not the plant.

Advice to Management

Way too many VPs and Directors. More sensitivity towards employees. Some employees get preferential treatment while others are just ignored.

"Fun Place To Work, Great People and Tasty Products."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

I have been working at Oberto Brands full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Oberto is an exciting and fun place to work, and there is a nice blend of experienced people and newer hires. There have been great additions to the Sales and Marketing teams which has helped introduce our products to a wider range of consumers, and our production and quality teams have made great improvements as well. Our R&D team continues to develop new and exciting products (Trail Mix!) and our products taste better than ever. Oberto has a diverse and talented team of employees, and the culture is improving from what it was in years past. The compensation and benefits program is comparable to other companies in the same field and there is a bonus plan available for both salaried and hourly employees.

Cons

As with any long tenured company, Oberto has it's share of employees who long for the "good old days" and are very resistant to change. The past was great, but the future will be even better. Plant leadership needs to work together and be on the same page.

Advice to Management

Continue the great marketing campaign featuring well known athletes. Celebrate the successes and continue to invest in the future. Recognize the history of the company while planning for the future.