Oberto Brands Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. Featured Review

"Great future"

I have been working at Oberto Brands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love that everyone cares a lot about the company and doing the right thing. There is a new energy with a lot of great products.

Cons

Still going through growing pains but that comes with any entrepreneur model. The best solution is always one that helps your product be the best tasting choice for all consumers.

Advice to Management

Continue to work together.

2. "Good place to work if you know what you are getting yourself into."

I have been working at Oberto Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great People that just want to do what's best

Cons

Some of the old timer's are stuck in there way and will blame every issue on the new blood in the company.

3. "Great Company to Grow and Develop Your Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

I have been working at Oberto Brands full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Oberto is large enough to offer you the opportunity to gain great experiences but small enough to allow you exposure to areas of the business you may not get at a larger company. Fun group of people to work with!

Cons

Nimble company but sometimes we move too fast.

5. "A Great Place to Grow"

I have been working at Oberto Brands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for nearly 3 years now. During my time here, I've seen positive growth and change throughout the organization. Because of this momentum, I've had a number of opportunities to expand my skill set and try new things. I have had the chance to increase my understanding of what makes a business run and how to identify and address improvement needs. I've enjoyed building strong relationships with the people who work at Oberto and enjoy the effort put forth by the company to engage the workforce. Overall, Oberto has been a fun and rewarding workplace with ample opportunity to progress in my profession.

Cons

Oberto is a seriously fast paced environment. While I enjoy it and even thrive in that kind of workplace, some others may not.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing for more improvements to the brand and for new ways to engage your workforce. Your on the right track.

"NO "great future", NOT a "great company", NOT "a great place"... NOT the place to be at all!"

Former Employee - Management in Kent, WA
    Former Employee - Management in Kent, WA

I worked at Oberto Brands full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is no where else to go but up from here!

Cons

I voluntarily left in early 2017 after being with the company for over 10 years. The people (two people) in senior management have left four "great" reviews recently and that could not be farther from the truth.

Senior management is so condescending and arrogant it will make you physically sick. Never seen a small group of people act or think this way. Get rid of four key people and within three years there might be a decent company to work for.

I normally do not do any type of reviews of any sort; however, I feel I must inform anyone willing to do the research that this is not the place to be at all until a serious change of senior management takes place. It is hard to describe other than it is bad, and I mean really bad.

Every month the employees, at least the ones in the corporate office, think things can't get any worse and we are wrong every single month.

7. "This is a good company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

I have been working at Oberto Brands full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am relatively new to Oberto and my experience thus far has been positive. I enjoy working with everyone in the corporate office. Everyone is friendly and motivated and cares about the success of the company. Executive management is good at implementing initiatives which maintain and improve employee engagement. Great product with great brand recognition especially in the Seattle area!

Cons

Don't believe the negativity that former disgruntled employees are posting. Comments are not true.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

8. "Good company with good people"

I have been working at Oberto Brands full-time

Pros

Committed to providing quality products.

Cons

Open office environment with a lot a cluttered work spaces creating the appearance of disarray and lack of organization.

"Not the place to be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Pros

Great benefits package, 401k, PTO, and ideal location.

Cons

You have executives that takes advantage of the company and plays favoritism where those employees are protected and promoted while the rest who have been working their butt off are being ignored and being portrayed like they're not valuable when they actually are. The CFO, controller, and now an accountant have left the company where you can't help, but think what's going on financially and what's really happening over in that department. Company is not stable and have a CEO and CFO (new) that doesn't really care about their employees (only their favorite ones) or the company.

Advice to Management

Stop taking advantage of the company and get this place back together as a TEAM. Stop acting like you're better than us.

"Change the business model"

Pros

The mix of tenured and new staff really do give the company the feel of that 100 year old start up. We feel like we can do anything and everything.

Cons

The model of paying customers to buy our product doesn't seem to be making progress. Focus on trail mix seems to be a distraction from the core prodcut. A number of Finance departures lately are worrisome. We lost our CFO, Cash Manager, and others who know our true financial condition. Makes one wonder if they know something the rank and file do not.

Advice to Management

Focus on the core Product! We cannot be the best tasting, lowest cost producer. If we focus on focus then both will fail. We should focus on one before focusing on the other. Stop the outrage spend on trade. We are the best jerky hands down! We should be charging a premium for our quality product.

"Stay away, Very disappointing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Pros

Well known local products and company. People in the area instantly recognize the name and are excited about it. Good category and many opportunities to growth the business. Good balance of longterm and newer employees.

Cons

The company has lost its stride in the past year and a half. The CEO has grand strategies, yet lacks focus and chases new shiny projects every month. Fails to deliver on many promises. Looks totally inept ... Management doesn't dare sticking their head out and have become very political. And now employees at all levels have started leaving for other companies. Not good.

Advice to Management

Keep your promises and hold yourself accountable. Fancy presentations and ever-rosy outlooks do not fool your employees. Walk the talk too - the company can't pay its bills, but execs behave like all's great; fancy events and all.