Object Information Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Object Information Services Reviews

3.8
Mohammad Hafizullah

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "The best talent recruiters I have ever worked with"

Former Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Object Information Services as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked with this company many times over the past almost 5 years. I have been a candidate who was placed on a full time job. Once there, I used them to help me find and hire talent. And then later I have worked thru them as contractor for another company. All I can say is that in an industry that sometimes doesn't have the best reputation, OIS is the benchmark that others should attempt to mimic. Honest to a fault, kind, fun and did I say honest?

Cons

I really cannot think of any

Advice to Management

Hire more people like the two Lauries

2. "Open, fast paced fun environment"

Current Employee - Senior Management in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Management in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Object Information Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Talented and dynamic team. open culture with no room for politics. Result oriented rather than matrix driven. Generous commission and fast payment term. Even though company has establish and well documented process and procedure for operation i.e. recruiting , sales, it is flexible and updated based on team consensus. No micro management. Great health benefit, 401k plan and vacation. Aggressive team approach on closing deals, even if means low margin. Focus both on maintaining existing client and expanding/adding new business. Talented sales team

Cons

Due to stiff competition at larger clients, margin can be low. Management is focusing on expanding to new client with more margin.

Advice to Management

Continue investing on high achiever employees and new business development.

"O.K If Just Passing Through But No Future Here"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter

I worked at Object Information Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Note: The review posted as "I.T Staffing" was posted by management and does not honestly represent the experience of working with this organization.

Cons

Sole proprietorship with very limited opportunity and offers no career-path for internal staff.
    Despite almost a decade in business client relationships are lacking and there are only 2-3 companies that actually engage the firm's services. Approx 90% of billable consultants are working on contract at one client. There is no effort in diversification or growth of new business despite the fact that this major client has been through a bankruptcy and merger in the past year.

MANAGEMENT
    Ownership has no vision, or passion does not invest into growing the business and is simply trying to maintain billing. There is zero coordination or meaningful communication and onsite management does not understand the dynamics of the business they are in.

CULTURE
    Although a small company with one office and less than 8 employees: politics are rampant .
    Senior employees take advantage of weak management to manipulate and undercut team members. Team meetings though lengthy are basic overviews and unproductive with no strategy or planning activities.

There is zero infrastructure established process or repeatable methods in daily operations.
    Essential tools are proprietary and not effective or efficient to support needs.
    Business Development team lacks the experience and does not the knowledge of the industry to breed confidence and get commitments from clients. They also do not have the aggressiveness to close business.

COMPENSATION
    Salary is average but any commission schedules are significantly lower that the markets and margins are extremely low. There is very little upside for any internal Sales or Recruiting staff and the company has a long history of turnover in these roles. Making any real money in this place is almost impossible and they continue to struggle with retention.

Advice to Management

Hire a Managing Director who knows the business and has the experience to grow the business. Bring in true New Business Developers that understand the market and can communicate that knowledge to a prospective client. Invest into needed infrastructure and building a Brand.

Finally address commissions to create meaningful incentives to internal staff.

4. "it's a best pillar for freshers"

Former Employee - ANDHRA PRADESH in Hyderabad (India)
    Former Employee - ANDHRA PRADESH in Hyderabad (India)

I worked at Object Information Services full-time

Pros

work wise everything is good, everyone helps to you like managers,teams lead. its a cool work station. Management will encourage new innovative idea's.

Cons

politics is common thing in every Org, but the thing is salaries is very

Advice to Management

improve salary scales

"IT Staffing"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

Pros

Small environment, great owners, opportunity for growth is strong and great employees working there! Great environment to help build the organization.

Cons

Small environment and you have to find a way to handle all things and wear all hats. Must be ready to build your own path and be able to work well with small groups.

Advice to Management

Keep being a great employer! Keep investing in the company. Try to find new ways to automate things and plan for the future growth.