Objectifi Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Sushee Perumal
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Nice people nice team"

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

Pros

-The whole team like a family

Cons

-Bad marketing, no more good project.

2. "Great place to work when there's work"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Objectifi (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very casual work environment
    - Good work/life balance

Cons

Job uncertainty - can't predict if you'll be asked to leave at any given time

3. "Encouraging/friendly environment"

Former Intern - Business Analyst in North York, ON (Canada)
    Former Intern - Business Analyst in North York, ON (Canada)

I worked at Objectifi as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Senior management cares about your growth and opportunities
    - flexible hours
    - friendly team members who help you get up to date and answers questions patiently
    - good level of work

Cons

- uncommon but sometimes deadlines mean you have to stay a little later than expected

4. "Interesting Work, Supportive environment with great learning opportunities"

Former Intern - .NET Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Intern - .NET Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Objectifi as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great, friendly environment
    -Very supportive team members
    -Small team means you get to know and work with everyone
    -Great learning opportunities
    -Flexible Hours
    -Great Senior Staff

Cons

-Small team means people often wear different hats causing some stalls in productivity if some people get overbooked

5. "Overworked and underpaid"

Former Contractor - Consultant in North York, ON (Canada)
    Former Contractor - Consultant in North York, ON (Canada)

I worked at Objectifi as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They'll keep you on-board as long as you are of value. More work in hand than available resources.

Cons

Not very good work ethics - provide as little as possible to client and resources. No recognition of employee contribution. Happy to throw employees under the bus if it serves management strategy.

Advice to Management

Value employees - in cash and kind. Don't put an employee in front of a client when your strategies are not absolutely clear to the employee.

6. "Interesting Work, Supportive environment with great learning opportunities"

Current Intern - .NET Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Intern - .NET Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Objectifi as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

An environment with a helpful team and senior management. Management and other employees were very supportive and collaborated well. While the company is small, it has a great client base with many interesting projects to work on. The company also provides great learning opportunities to its employees, allowing them to improve their skill set effectively.

Cons

The smaller team size can occasionally make projects feel a bit overwhelming as employees will need to take on different roles to complete a project.

7. "overall great culture"

Pros

its a great supportive environment. very easy to talk to upper management and other employees

Cons

Needs a better internal office support, HR or general admin

8. "Objectifi has given me the opportunity to expand my skill set and forward my career."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

I have found that in the 1.5 years I’ve worked here, all of the Senior Managers I’ve worked with have been quick to give me more and more responsibility, and to help me branch out and develop additional skills. My efforts have been consistently rewarded and I’ve never encountered a single instance of “micro-management”. Objectifi’s client base is a large and growing list of Fortune 500 and 100 companies, but the small size of the company means most (if not all) team members get direct exposure to the client. The projects are varied and interesting, and Managers have worked with me to put my skill set to use. I’ve always felt challenged and like a crucial part of every team I’ve been on, but have never encountered unreasonable timelines.
        I’ve greatly enjoyed working for Objectifi and feel in the time I’ve been here I’ve been treated with the utmost of fairness and respect. I’ve had the opportunity to gain many new skills and gain exposure to some of the most exciting developments in the industry. I would happily recommend working at Objectifi to any qualified candidate.

Cons

Objectifi has grown rapidly and as such, has fallen a bit behind on the “admin” side of things and I think the company could soon benefit in hiring a dedicated admin/HR person.
        While I appreciate the independent work environment at Objectifi, I recognize that it may not be for everyone. I could see employees feeling “unsupported”, as everyone, including Senior Management, is occupied with client work. Personally, I would take this environment over one where I felt overly-managed any day, but it could be an adjustment for those used to a more traditional environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your company and team, and I have no doubt you will see even more success in the future.

9. "Great place for people who are not afraid to work their way up!"

Current Employee - UT Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - UT Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

- Extremely friendly and casual work environment (not to be mistaken for low volume work)
    - Less strict office hours
    - Fortune 100/500 client base & related projects - excellent for the resume
    - Excellent senior management from a capability/knowledge perspective and always willing to share that knowledge with those who seek it
    - No micro-management where not absolutely required
    - Excellent on-the-job learning environment
    - Very supportive team mates

Cons

- Needs a more formal back-office touch (accounts/admin/HR)

Advice to Management

- Please provide a "Consulting 101" to all new incumbents who are not very familiar with the way consulting works in order to align professional/career expectations with Objectifi way of work
    - If possible, please arrange more group activities - monthly/bi-monthly - involving family members

10. "Great place to grow your skills and grow with the company"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

Objectifi is very focused on balancing the growth of the company with developing the skill set of their employees. Objectifi provides a great opportunity to work in a variety of industries, in various business or technical capacities. With both excellent leadership and staff, a highly collaborative environment is easily accessible. An open door policy allows employees to gain feedback and support at all levels of the organization. This is an excellent place to participate in a growing company, build on your own strengths, learn from peers and management, and work with leading Fortune 500 customers.

Cons

As with any growing company, career development at Objectifi is self-directed and largely dependent on your initiative and level of interest.