ObserveIT Reviews | Glassdoor

ObserveIT CEO Michael McKee
Michael McKee

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Voted Best Of Boston for a Reason!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at ObserveIT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of Security start ups popping up in the Boston tech scene and take it for somebody who has worked at several of them the last decade, ObserveIT is the place to be.

Since joining last year I have watched the company post record quarter after record quarter while setting the bar in the ever popular Inside Threat Monitoring and Analytics World.

Product is easy to install, sell and scale across SMB to Large Fortune 500 organizations, and with over 1,500 customers there is always a steady flow of recurring business for sales reps coming in the door.

Amazing office location in the heart of the Back Bay on the 21st Floor of the Hancock Tower......best view I have ever had at a job with amazing perks ranging from XBox to Pool in the office with beer kegs, cold brew coffee and a multitude of snacks.

Cons

The environment is fast paced and thus what is required of sales reps changes from quarter to quarter. If you are in search of stability and a predictable 9-5 gig, ObserveIT is not the place for you.......

Advice to Management

Continue to double down on training and development of your team to take people to the next level. The sky truly is the limit for this amazing company!

2. "Join the Rocketship"

Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at ObserveIT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was one of the first North American sales reps at ObserveIT and I have to say that in the last 4 years I have never been more confident in the company than I am now. We've had exponential growth over the last 6 Quarters with this last quarter being our best in company history. Top reps are trending to end the year between 300-500K!

I started in a small 1,000 square foot office in New York City years ago and we now inhabit one of the nicest office spaces in Boston sitting atop the 21st Floor of The Hancock Building in The Back Bay. The leadership team truly invests in the company and culture tenfold with Monthly Company Happy Hours and weekly lunches provided on Fridays. Presidents Club this past January in Barcelona was amazing and a true sign for me that this company is continuing to reach new heights. Presidents club this year is in the Swiss Alps and we already have folks who have booked their ticket, only half way through the year!

I would highly recommend ObserveIT for anyone serious about working hard, having a lot of fun in the process and helping to build an amazing company in the hottest industry right now in North America.

Cons

figuring out what to spend your millions on.

3. "Best culture there is"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at ObserveIT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently joined the team at ObserveIT and have been amazed at the level of passion and dedication absolutely everyone who works here has. Everyone rolls up their sleeves and digs into their roles. Such a great place to be. So happy with my decision.

Cons

Startup environment so not at many resources as a large company. But enough passion and willingness to work as a team that if totally makes up for it.

Advice to Management

Keep molding and inspiring the team. There are great things ahead for our company!

4. "How far we've come"

I have been working at ObserveIT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Having now been with ObserveIT for 3+ years, I've been on the "roller coaster" for a while now. Like any startup, we've had some incredible times, mixed with periods of uncertainty and doubt. I imagine some of the comments below would reflect the latter. But looking at where we are today, the transition that has happened over the past 6 months (50% growth YOY), and seeing what's to come in 2017 and beyond, I couldn't be happier to have pushed through those tough times.

Two keys to the recent success:
    1) New leadership team (CEO, VP Sales, VP Marketing, VP Product, VP People Strategy, Dir Customer Success). Studs in their respective fields, I back them and their decisions 100%.
    2) 1500+ customers that love the product and happily act as a reference on our behalf.

The foundation is set - can't wait to see what's in store ahead.

Cons

If you don't like to be served new challenges every day / be held accountable to high standards in a fast paced environment, this place isn't for you. Go work for a large tech company and hide in the shadows. Or, you can take the risk, fight to win, and reap the rewards.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the best quality candidates, and the rest will follow.

5. "Great Office Environment"

I have been working at ObserveIT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You'll enjoy coming to work everyday. Since I joined over a year ago, the leadership team has worked really hard building a cohesive team that truly loves working together.

Unlimited snacks
    Cold Brew
    Catered team lunches every week
    Pool table
    A couple Xbox's

Cons

Long hours, but as I said it isn't all that bad because we enjoy each others company

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The culture is continually getting stronger and the company is rapidly moving in the right direction

6. "Doesn't even feel like work."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at ObserveIT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

While the company outings, President's Club, keg, Christmas party, pool tournaments, fancy office, happy hours, and benefits are great- the best part about ObserveIT is that even when I am just sitting at my desk writing out emails or making calls, I am genuinely enjoying myself. Upbeat music is playing, everyone's making jokes, telling stories, throwing darts at each other, and just generally in a good mood surrounded by friends.

Our leadership is very strong, the product is unique and truly best of breed, and something I feel very confident in selling while building strong relationships with customers. Everyone is constantly willing to lend you a hand, and it is a fantastic place to sell and learn to sell better. You are not required to make cold calls all day anymore- you are measured on activity (calls, emails, to-do) that will convert to opportunities. I came into ObserveIT fairly fresh out of school and feel I am building a strong foundation for what will be a great sales career.

The perks of such a small organization: if you work hard and perform well you are recognized. There is also a lot of freedom to be innovative throughout your day. People listen to your ideas. If you need to hop on a plane to fly anywhere in the country for a deal, you are encouraged to get in front of the customer to take them to dinner, a hockey game, or anything you need to build a strong relationship. Our new management thinks very logically and care about both their employees, and their customers. We are not just slinging deals, we are solving problems.

Cons

The hours are long. A typical day runs from 7:30am to 6pm and on, but if you are a good fit, you will enjoy most of it and find that it pays off.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

7. "Great place better people"

I have been working at ObserveIT full-time

Pros

The people are awesome. Everyone actually cares about your success and are willing to help however they can. From management to entry level its easy to ask anyone for a hand.

It also doesn't hurt that there is a pool table, kegerator, and two XBoxs

Cons

On cloudy days its hard to see the surrounding landscape from the 22nd floor.

8. "Great environment"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at ObserveIT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Recently began working at ObserveIT and I have nothing but positive things to say. Amazing environment, management is easily approachable and willing to work with you to help achieve your goals

Cons

None so far that I've encountered, haven't had any issues with any fellow employees or management whatsoever. Work environment is positive and upbeat, so no issues there either.

9. "sales rep"

Pros

People were great technical resources knowledgable and helpful

Cons

Long hours not great pay under staffed

Advice to Management

Management has changed since I haev been there

10. "Good experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrboro, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrboro, NC

I worked at ObserveIT (More than a year)

Pros

Company has great benefits and competitive pay. Very young and energetic

Cons

Poor management team and the I personally struggled with the open environment

ObserveIT Response

Oct 5, 2016 – People Strategy Manager

Thank you for the feedback from the time you were with us. We're excited to continue offering great (getting better) benefits and amazing pay! We have seen some very positive changes in the last... More