Obstetrical & Gynecological Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "medical assistant"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Obstetrical & Gynecological Associates full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

i enjoy helping my patients and working as a team with my co workers. Team works make the dream

Cons

not being able to help, when it's out of my hands. if anyone ask for my assistant i want to assist if possible, but if i cant i would find someone who could.

Advice to Management

don't be afraid to take a chance on an employee, that person could be your prize possession.

2. "obgyn"

I worked at Obstetrical & Gynecological Associates full-time

Pros

no holidays, no weekends, no nights

Cons

no flexibility, no place to advance

3. "Medical Assistant"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Brookfield, CT
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Brookfield, CT

I worked at Obstetrical & Gynecological Associates (More than a year)

Pros

Loves this place. Very respectful at all times

Cons

None. All around great place to be.

Advice to Management

Wonderful

4. "A truly worthwhile experience that keeps you constantly learning and on your feet, literally and figuratively."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Pros

Great place to start working, maybe get your foot in the door at a respected health and medical facility. Best of all- obstetrics & gynecology is interesting and you learn a lot that could pertain to you as a female. Definitely saved me from making unnecessary visits to my MD. Co-workers are pleasant and nice to interact with.

Cons

Lots of pressure, as with any physician's office, to keep things move quickly and efficiently. You cannot take a moment's break- sometimes it's difficult to even use the restroom if you're needed, and lunch breaks can't always be a leisurely long break- but that's no surprise for any professional job. The pressure definitely will get to people who can't handle high-stress, so you've also got to be smart about keeping your tasks straight and in order.

Advice to Management

Adequate- not bad, but not too good either. Perhaps considering implementing some form of reward system or bonuses based on performance, to inspire more motivation to work well. Hire extra hands- this reduces pressure on just a few hands.

5. "not a good company to work for."

Current Employee - Patient Financial Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Financial Specialist in Houston, TX

Pros

Time off isnt a problem and the salary seems to be fair. I really cant think of anything else.

Cons

No leadership, No communication, No confidentiality, Evaluations are not based on the work you have done(most evals are 6-8months late). The company has major HR issues not to mention supervisor issues. Each employee is trained different which causes more confusion in the company. This company does nothing to keep up employee moralle. Most of the supervisors are unprofessional in which the manner they speak to an employee. The policies for the company seem to change on a daily basis which means no one knows what is right or wrong... Its horrible when you go to work and everyone is so negative.

Advice to Management

Nothing will ever change until you change your management team. For a Healthcare company that deals with patients- Maybe you should treat your employees how you want your patients to be treated. When you make a company policy- The policy should go for everyone not just for one or two employees. Last but not least-- really listen to what the employees are saying because we are the ones working 8-9 hours days to make your patients happy.