Occidental College Bookstore Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "good place to work"

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

Pros

Management is very friendly. Because the jobs are filled mainly by students, they are very accommodating to student's schedules. Laid back atmosphere.

Cons

Lots of busy work, but that is to be expected with any retail job. Pay isn't that great, but it allows for a little walking around money while at school.

Advice to Management

Don't give as much busy work unless the job is vital to the operation of the bookstore. Other than that,

2. "Shift Supervisor"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Occidental College Bookstore part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a work-study position which means that it provides income to help sustain school and personal expenses. The job is not too demanding, so it doesn't really interfere with completing studies. Doing homework in the shop is allowed as long as one is also doing their job.

Cons

There aren't really any cons that I can think of, except that it gets a little slow sometimes during the year.

Advice to Management

I do not have any advice for management because Donna rocks. I don't know how the bookstore would run without her. She is honestly made for the job.

3. "Customer service sales and phone and computer support"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Occidental College Bookstore part-time

Pros

Fun up beat atmosphere upper management are the best I have worked for... 5 stars

Cons

Crabby uninformed Customers , Everyone was on a different page... did not get to many of the same answers

Advice to Management

your doing great just a little more communication