Ocean Holidays Reviews | Glassdoor

Ocean Holidays CEO Harry Hastings
Harry Hastings
  1. "Horrible Management"

I worked at Ocean Holidays full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Paid health insurance and pto.

Cons

Very poor management, no room for growth, low pay.

Ocean Holidays2019-05-14

May 22, 2019Head of people

Thank you for sharing your review. We now have a Learning & Development function on board so there is lots of scope for training and career development.

2. "Great Atmosphere and friendly work environment"

Current Employee - USA Travel Specialist in Romford, England

I have been working at Ocean Holidays full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very rewarding if able to put the work in and follow the processes. Great training to provide the tools necessary to succeed. The staff are all friendly and very little negativity about the roles.

Cons

As with all sales roles there is huge scope to earn well, however if you are not used to working to targets or not experienced in sales it won't be for you.

Advice to Management

Continue as you are, no complaints on this front.

Ocean Holidays2019-05-16

May 22, 2019Head of people

We really appreciate your feedback and will continue to strive to make it a rewarding experience for you as the business grows. We have recently started rolling out sales skills training to help overcome the lack of sales experience some potential candidates have.

3. "Like I’m part of something really exciting"

I have been working at Ocean Holidays full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It’s a fun, hard working environment where the company listens to feedback and really cares about their staff. In turn there is a genuine care for our customers throughout the business which makes the job really rewarding

Cons

It’s a fast growing and entrepreneurial business so for some it can be hard to adapt and keep up

Advice to Management

Keep the family feel and listening to staff as the company grows

Ocean Holidays2019-04-19

May 22, 2019Head of people

Thank you for sharing your experience. We must be doing some great things for you to write such a positive review of your 10 years + with us - great milestone to achieve as well.

4. "Feel like I'm part of the family"

I have been working at Ocean Holidays full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lovely team of people, don't feel like there's a hierarchy at all. From my first day I was made to feel relaxed and part of the team. Have regular one to ones with my line manager where I get the opportunity to mention anything that I think could be improved to support me further. Great social events and a nice atmosphere in the office where I feel like I handle my own work load and am not being watched over.

Cons

Sometimes the incentives feel like they're all for the sales team, but they do work extremely hard to be fair!

Ocean Holidays2019-03-22

May 22, 2019Head of people

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about working with us. I agree with your 'great social events' comment, can't wait for this years's summer party, they really are a great way to get to know your colleagues and let your hair down.

5. "4 years working with Ocean"

Current Employee - Travel Specialist in Romford, England

I have been working at Ocean Holidays full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good working environment with a family like atmosphere on the sales floor. Great pay and bonus opportunities and a realistic work load. Working here will be sorely missed!

Cons

The job can be very consuming (you find yourself thinking about customers in the bath) and it can also be stressful in very busy times or when the work slows.

Advice to Management

Give more time working with staff directly on the floor, it can sometimes feel that there is no one to turn to if you need instant advise or answers.

Ocean Holidays2019-03-22

May 22, 2019Head of people

Sorry that you had to leave, but maybe we will see you back again one day! Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you loved about the Company. We are actively recruiting for more Team Leaders so that employees have the support they need, when they need it.

"60 Day review"

Current Employee - Contact Team Advisor in Romford, England

I have been working at Ocean Holidays full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company gives you great incentives and support you all the way. Everyone is so friendly and happy to help you. Its just a real friendly supportive atmosphere on the floor!!! If I have needed any help it is given to me straight away and your hard work does not go un noticed!

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons.

Advice to Management

No advice needed. Thank you for being behind me every step of the way.

Ocean Holidays2019-01-15

May 22, 2019Head of people

Thank you so much for sharing your experience so early in your career, what a great review.

7. "Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Romford, England

I have been working at Ocean Holidays full-time for less than a year

Pros

The directors sit with the employees, not hidden away in offices. They are very approachable and supportive. It's all about the employees, from table tennis to fresh fruit, from pizza's to parties, a really great atmosphere. Opportunity to show how good you are and get recognised for your efforts.

Cons

Limited on site parking however, the Company heavily subsidises parking at the Brewery.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Your a great bunch of guys with a real passion for the business and the employees.

Ocean Holidays2018-07-12

May 22, 2019Head of people

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

8. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Ocean Holidays

Pros

Great company to work for! Really look after staff and pay well for a local job. Great young directors really driving the business forward

Cons

I have no con for working for this company

Ocean Holidays2017-02-16

May 22, 2019Head of people

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what is great about working here, we will continue to strive to make it a rewarding experience for you as the business grows.

9. "A firm with a future"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Romford, England

I have been working at Ocean Holidays full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

New offices are the best I've ever seen. Flat corporate structure means every voice is heard. Everyone you work with is always trying their best.

Cons

Quick growth means you need to handle constant change. Working in travel is very demanding and you need to be on the ball all the time.

Ocean Holidays2017-01-03

May 22, 2019Head of people

"fast moving dynamic travel"

I have been working at Ocean Holidays part-time

Pros

loads of opportunities to develop sales skills with innovative training. financial incentives great with a supportive fun team really positive about apprenticeships and supporting young people in the local area

Cons

you need to be hard working and enthusiastic

Ocean Holidays2016-12-22

May 22, 2019Head of people

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Watch this space, for more training and development to ensure you have all the necessary skills to be successful in your role.

Found 13 reviews