Ochre House Reviews in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ochre House CEO Sue Marks
Sue Marks
1 Rating

1. "Exciting company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Advisor in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Advisor in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Ochre House full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have had impressive growth over the last couple of years which looks set to continue, exciting times and opportunities - must be doing something right!

Cons

It is hard to create and hold a company culture when so many employees are working remotely on client site. Do not always feel included in what is going on.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to reach out to remote staff, efforts are appreciated!

2. "Resourcing Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salford, North West England, England (UK)

I worked at Ochre House full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I got to work at Bupa and met some great people in the various business areas in which I worked. Good perks-gym, subsidised restaurant etc. Gave me the step I needed between agency and inhouse.

Cons

Can be cliquey, though I did work pre-Cielo. Need to haunt head office to get on so remote workers weren't really engaged. Little direction from above either-parachuted in if there were problems and there was a succession of account managers that really stayed beyond 6 months.

"They used to be quite brilliant......"

Former Employee - Anonymous in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous in London, England (UK)

I worked at Ochre House full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loads of great people worked there, fast paced environment, great flexibility on location and working from home.

Cons

As with a lot of companies who grow too fast too quickly, poor management and leadership. People were literally dropping like flies due to being pushed to their absolute limit with no recognition (financial or otherwise), no training or development even for those screaming out for it. Yearly Development Reviews were a joke. They made some very bad director decisions and senior management are completely out of touch with what's happening at ground level focussing much more on their personal gain than that of the company or the staff.

Advice to Management

Focus a little less on your own personal development and ego and actually develop your staff to succeed. Get back in touch with the individuals that are on the front line who are lining your pocket rather than sitting in your ivory towers. Stop selling what you can't actually deliver. Practice what you preach. How can you possibly go out and say you offer an expert recruitment solution in the market place when you can't even sort your own company out? Train, encourage, reward and recognise. That way when people continue to work til they collapse at least they might have a bit of a smile on their face.

5. "its a friends club acquired by american firm lacking identity and forward thinking company culture"

Current Employee - Talent Attraction Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Talent Attraction Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Ochre House full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good location, few interesting clients&projects, ok salaries, good training, few nice people

Cons

absolute lack of career progression especially at Talent Search Solution team, some teams are very cliquey, lack of professionalism and out of box thinking, hectic promotions to team leader/manager people who had hardly any managerial skills/experience which caused chaos in teams

Advice to Management

you must try to keep your best people who work hard and are professional, loose the cliques and opn your eyes to new ways of working and you will grow faster

6. "Hire and Fire culture at Ochre House!"

Former Employee - Talent Attraction Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Talent Attraction Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Ochre House full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some good people at OH

Cons

Pay and career progression. Also losing alot of accounts!

Advice to Management

Don't fire your best talent and pay more!!!

7. "A genuinely forward thinking company"

Current Employee - Talent Attraction in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Ochre House full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and team spirit, all meetings have had an open forum element and even the most recent additions to the team are invited to share ideas. Ochre House is growing and venturing into new territories keeping work interesting.

Cons

Because we cover so many time zones some flexibility in working hours is required but you have to expect this, fair warning was given at interview stage.

Advice to Management

Keep going.

8. "Never a dull day... in a good way"

Current Employee - Project Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Ochre House full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Innovative organisation that gives you the space to solve your clients challenges in the best possible way.

Cons

All the normal challenges that come with a rapid growth organisation - well worth it for what

9. "A cerebral environment with a close-knit family feel, that understands work/life balance"

Current Employee - Head of Marketing in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Head of Marketing in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Ochre House full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A clear vision and strategy communicated effectively by senior management
    A real desire to challenge industry norms
    Very talented people
    A determination to deliver the 'right' solution rather than just deliver something that generates the highest profits for the organisation
    People with passion who don't just pay lip service to CSR

Cons

Salary is average, but made up for by the environment and flexible working conditions

10. "Hang onto your hats"

Current Employee - Talent Attraction in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Ochre House full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Challenger brand, entrepreneurial, fast growth and increasingly global/diverse.

Cons

A lag between vision and infrastructure.

"Dont practice what they preach"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

Inspirational leaders with huge ambition.

Cons

Company is growing faster than its resources allow. A small company struggling transition into a large one.

Advice to Management

Reinvest more money back into staff. We havent had a Christmas party in 2 years. Reinstate fringe benefits like company quiz nights and other little thank you's. We've all felt some severe penny pinching oveer the last 2 years. Allocate greater funds for off site training for individuals. Not internally designed and delivered generic training.

At times I feel like I'm expected to deliver magic results given short time frames and poor resources. You're often expected to work late nights and perform miracles to get things done. I refuse to believe this is 'the industry we work in' its poor organisation and over stretched resources.