Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport Registered Nurse Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 12 Jan 2018

4.2
  1. "Nursing perceptive"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule- for nurses, most units allow you to pick days you work and can work schedules around if you need time off. decent benefits, love working with Residents and staff, some is always there to help you.

Cons

Negative company culture, they make all changes sound like punishment so why would anyone be excited to do new things. Poor leadership. Nurses report things and nothing is ever done about it.

Advice to Management

Adopt a culture of ownership instead of "accountability". Be more positive, encourage staff input on how to improve care to patients and outcomes. Learn to be "cheer"Leaders instead of bosses.

Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport2017-05-23

"Busy hospital, GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Resources always available. Best doctors and nurses are created here. The rich, the poor, young, old, smart, and ignorant are all welcome here. Level 1 Trauma Center for Pediatric and Adults, Stroke Center

Cons

Funding for housekeeping, equipment, supplies is not available. Things are always broken, missing, filthy. So busy that waiting room stays full. Night shift cafeteria food needs SALAD BAR!

Advice to Management

It doesn’t do any good to paint the boat fancy colors if the holes haven’t been repaired! (Our new landscaping is beautiful but our patient’s rooms have holes in the walls and broken equipment.). We get emails of praise for our commitment but we do not get raises. Night shift would like to partake in the events the day shift is privy!

Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport2018-01-12
  3. "Nursing Services Director - Transfer Center"

Current Employee - RN Supervisor in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Working Environment Long Term Employees Administrative Team Improving Patient Care

Cons

Lot of controversy in the news regarding our managing partners

Advice to Management

Hang in there!

Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport2017-09-18
  4. "University Health Shreveport"

RN Case Manager in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport for more than a year

Pros

Considerate to their employees and making it fun to come to work.

Cons

Politics with the state are getting old.

Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport2016-07-04

"RN Clinical Coordinator"

RN Clinical Coordinator in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport for more than 10 years

Pros

Good environment in which to learn, some flexibility in schedule, comradery with doctors, long term follow up and opportunity to serve patients along their journey with initial diagnosis of cancer, treatment, and both disease free survival and end of life decision making.

Cons

Much of the time, the work load is greater than one person can manage within an expected 40 hour work week, overtime is frowned upon but allowed, dissatisfaction when unable to complete expected research, data gathering, quality improvement projects, and other tasks that must take a lower priority to patient care and practice management. No opportunities for career advancement within department, minimal support in... advancing credentialing, and minimal increase in pay.

Advice to Management

As practice has grown, so has hiring of attending MDs, resident physician numbers, SLP's, and audiologists, yet there has been minimal additions to clerical staff, and no additional coordinator hires. It would be a positive move to add a second coordinator even if a strong LPN to support the practice of 3 attending physicians, residents, physician extenders, and their patients.

Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport2015-06-20