Octapharma Plasma Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Octapharma Plasma President Frederic Marguerre
Frederic Marguerre
1 Rating

Pros
  • Opportunities to cross train in other areas (in 9 reviews)

• Often promote internally, flexible scheduling, will train for most positions (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay for medical environment (in 16 reviews)

• Some days long hours and only 2 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch that can be interrupted if your the only physician substitute on duty (in 11 reviews)

1. "Senior Phlebotomist"

Former Employee - Senior Phlebotomist
    Former Employee - Senior Phlebotomist

I worked at Octapharma Plasma (More than a year)

Pros

Great start to build your resume

Cons

Under staffs and always working in a high pace.

Advice to Management

Always go at your own pace and avoid making small mistake.

2. "step goals ...really"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Octapharma Plasma full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

benefits are fair, certain depts, get special treatment.

Cons

very cheap company in terms of starting pay

3. "The work environment is intense and stressful."

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Columbia, SC

I worked at Octapharma Plasma full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Medical benefits are good. If you play your cards right then you can cross train for more money.

Cons

You get one break. You are under paid and over worked. You are not recognized for your hard work. The managment team fails to help people with their future. Very selfish people.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees. Take control over the turn over rate. Listen to the employees as much as you listen to the donors. Take care of your employees in a much more positive way.

5. "Oct a pharma Plasma"

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and great environment with happy employees.

Cons

Lots of Policy and Procedures

6. "Phlebotomist"

Pros

Nice hours if working early shift

Cons

Long hours if working until close.
    No sitting
    Irritable donors
    Sneaky coworkers
    Unfriendly and will turn on you

"Growing company"

Current Employee - Clinical Lab Scientist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Clinical Lab Scientist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast growing and opportunities for advancement. Competitive pay and good benefits package. Brand new testing lab.

Cons

Still suffering from growing pains. Not everything is has organized or well thought out as I had hoped but they are working on it. Lots of office politics. Slow hiring process.

Advice to Management

Be careful about showing favoritism, it can ruin morale. Try to comunicate better with staff as growth continues about changes that may be occurring.

8. "screener"

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma part-time

Pros

love the coworkers I work with

Cons

the hours can be very long.

9. "Phlebotomist"

Current Employee - Nikki G in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Nikki G in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job and you will receive a paycheck.

Cons

Very poor management! Treat staff unfairly. Need to have a personal friend in order to move up in the company. Do not train staff properly very high turn over rate. Management fail to keep a safe work environment. Management share information about other employees business NO professionalism and low wages. One of the worst places you could work.

Advice to Management

Learn how to listen and respect your staff. Needs to higher more staff and

10. "Processing Tech"

Former Employee - Process Technician in Forestville, MD
    Former Employee - Process Technician in Forestville, MD

I worked at Octapharma Plasma full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Octapharma has not only sterile procedures but some of their employees understand what it feels like to be new and do not judge you for it but will help you learn the in's and out's.

Cons

Being employed at a newly open center that was not fully licensed became difficult due to immature, petty, childish, and short tempered trainers. there are no circles that gossip doesn't travel in and to oppose management even when they are wrong is like asking to go from 40 hrs a week to 25 hrs a week. they will choose whom they favor based on favoritism and will look the other way if you are lucky enough to be buddy buddy with management. during my employment the center director was fired and after that management relied on favoritism and throwing people under the bus. corperate came in and attempted to run the center by hiring more people but they were still just running around with no direction and with no singular direction the chain of command was left to the whims of females that all wanted to cover their buts and give out work to make their work loads easier. I was a processing tech and I was tasked with doing quality assurance job and responsibilities. I have heard how other managers were slowly feeling drowned doing other management's work on top of their own. I was assured that after 90 days that I was to receive a pay raise and then after being lied to by multiple sources and given the run around for more than a week I was then told I would not receive my pay bump and that was after 2 pay checks after my 90 days. A male manager was fired for spending time with an employee and he gets fired so she can keep her job but when the whole center knows that two female managers act more than friends during the day they get to remain employed?

Advice to Management

When you are put in a position of power take the time to learn your craft before you criticize and demean others based on missing information. do not punish those individuals based on the word of your employee that you are friends with. don't take time and treat your hard workers like dirt just because your a manger and they need the job. do not bully others under you just because at the end of the day we all are working together and all will come to light. do your own work and punish those that walk around like they don't have to do any work. hard work from your employees is not going to be given when you constantly throw others under the bus while you sit back and delve out your work to others for them to do it for you.

"Kinda Ok"

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Octapharma Plasma full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great place to work if you need full time work, great company to work for room for advancement

Cons

Have to be friends with the managers to move up with the company, turn over rate high because management talks to you any kinda way, no breaks if staff short work 8 hours without break. need to have police on lot at all times very scary place to leave work at night. NEVER AGAIN IF THEY WERE THE LAST JOB ON EARTH...

Advice to Management

PLEASE SHOW MORE SUPPORT TO YOUR EMPLOYEES AND RESPECT, AND YOU WILL HAVE A BETTER WORK PLACE