Ocwen Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Ocwen Financial Reviews

Updated June 13, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ocwen Financial President, CEO, and Director, Ocwen Financial and Ocwen Federal Bank Ronald M. Faris
Ronald M. Faris

Pros
  • Ocwen has good pay structure and the annual hikes are above market range (in 38 reviews)

• The work environment is awesome facilities provided to the employees his at his best (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Work - Life balance - Traffic - travelling to pritech park office will leave you drained (in 26 reviews)

• No work life balance huge politics no farm work in company (in 11 reviews)

1. "Despicable company!"

Former Employee - Marketing in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at Ocwen Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is nothing good about working at the dishonest company.

Cons

This company is constantly under federal and state investigation for shoddy and misconduct and wrongly driving people out of their homes. And the leader of the marketing department in Rancho Cordova is a monster. Stay away!

Advice to Management

Replace senior marketing management

"Imaging Specialist"

Current Employee - Imaging Specialist in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Imaging Specialist in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Ocwen Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flex hours. Plenty of parking.

Cons

Management rules by intimidation. The manager hires all her girlfriends to team lead positions. Not by performance.

Advice to Management

Go back to college and get a college degree in management and people skills. No good morning to staff, no meetings to keep staff advised on current crisis at company. Totally unprofessional.

3. "Dysfunctional Company, extremely poor Management"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Ocwen Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can't think of any. I would not even recommend to an enemy. Completely dysfunctional company. Avoid at all costs.

Cons

All that I will state is read all available SEC Filings. Job security, lack of technology, NO WORK LIFE BALANCE

Advice to Management

Good Luck

Jun 12, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

I am truly sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction after working at Ocwen for three years. Ocwen has made a lot of positive changes in leadership, technology and company culture. Helping Homeowners ... More

"Sexually Harrassed"

Former Employee - Loan Originator in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Loan Originator in Addison, TX

I worked at Ocwen Financial full-time

Pros

None, they changed the pay structure for loan officers and didn't tell anyone at all. Manager acts like his stuff doesn't stink and he advises he will fire anyone, if they don't listen to them.

Cons

Manager in Addison and the trainer sexually harassed me. Told me that I needed to follow him around like a puppy. And he grabbed my waist in front of a camera and swiped my badge for me, when it was hanging on my waist. The trainer advised that Ocwen was a terrible place and the look at the reviews at this place. Even he thought it was a horrible place. I told my manager not to speak to me like that. He asked if I was married and if I would like to go to Happy Hour. That's so inappropriate. He said I will fire anyone, I don't care who you are. And he said you are nothing to me, and have no name to me.

Advice to Management

Train management on sexual harassment. Don't threaten your employees. I told HR all about this, and she said so what do you want? She acted as if she didn't care. Horrible company, I hope they know Hell is hot. And that's where they are going, if they keep it up.

May 23, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

We take our policy against harassment very seriously and are dedicated to providing a workplace free of harassment and discrimination where every employee is treated fairly and feels valued. We ... More

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Coppell, TX

Pros

Benefits, location, cafeteria, colleagues, commute

Cons

Company was acquired and they sold us off for parts

Advice to Management

Grow a spine & speak up for your employees

"Hamster Wheel of Bad Mistakes"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Ocwen Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely no pros exist at Ocwen.

Cons

This is a prime example of a company that never learns from past mistakes.

"The most depressing and awkward place to work"

Former Employee - Analyst, Investor Reporting in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Analyst, Investor Reporting in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Ocwen Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Just to earn a paycheck, but there's more to life than earning a paycheck in a suppressed weird place. We need purpose, growth, contribution, significance, connections, etc. The leadership is awful and degenerate. I bet they never read a book in their life about leadership. Such weird, negative people.

Cons

You just won't be happy unless you have something bigger going on outside of this place. Most people there are so socially awkward. I don't understand how so many misfits can end up at the same place. High turnover from the top to the bottom. If the leaders are this bad at work, I can't imagine how dysfunctional they are internally and at home. It takes years of suppressed abnormal depressing thoughts and insignificant life events to make this environment the norm for leaders to thrive on.

Advice to Management

Read leadership books. Take seminars. Surround yourself around Godly accountable successful leaders who can lift you up. Give back to the community by mentoring. Just stop living with such a huge deficiency. The weird employees that you attract, the awkward environment and the high turn over is a result of the most terrible and basic form of leadership.

May 10, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with leadership practices at Ocwen. Our leadership and management teams value our employees which is why we are working ... More

8. "Law Division"

Former Employee - Team Member in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Team Member in Coppell, TX

I worked at Ocwen Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay and flexible schedule.

Cons

Faulty software, no money for supplies, passive-aggressive management. This is a very, very depressing place to work.

Advice to Management

Please make yourselves available to your team members, other than to blame them for not completing work you'd forgotten to assign. Listen to the people that actually perform the job functions when designing the team's processes.

May 9, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback and honesty concerning your work experience with us, and we are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with the management and technology services at Ocwen. As an ... More

"white collar sweat shop"

Former Employee - Director in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Director in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Ocwen Financial full-time

Pros

You are paid above market in an area where good paying jobs are not abundant. Location if you are the type of person who likes the beach and hot weather.

Cons

The downside of this firm are numerous. If we start at the top... executive behavior is VERY questionable. Because of those executives, the culture is horrible - rigid, dysfunctional, lack of work life balance, racism, sexism, etc. Even if you want to do the right thing - your efforts are constantly obstructed.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't advice that the current management stay in place - desperately need new execs

"Cashiering Specialist"

Former Employee - Senior Cash Operations Specialist in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Cash Operations Specialist in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Ocwen Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tuition reimbursement was a huge benefit. They also provided good health insurance when I was there. I don't know if that has changed. Safe working conditions with air conditioning.

Cons

No promotions or raises unless it was absolutely necessary on their part. I heard the term "trained monkey" thrown around too many times to think it was an isolated thought. People are commodities here. Don't expect respect and you won't be disappointed.

Advice to Management

Treat people with dignity. Reward high performers and coach the others. When people don't feel like they'll ever get anywhere you'll never see them do their best.

Apr 28, 2017 – Content Marketer

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your honesty concerning your work experience with us, and we are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with leadership practices at Ocwen. Our leaders ... More