Ocwen Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Ocwen Financial Reviews

Updated September 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ocwen has good pay structure and the annual hikes are above market range (in 41 reviews)

• The work environment is awesome facilities provided to the employees his at his best (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Work - Life balance - Traffic - travelling to pritech park office will leave you drained (in 27 reviews)

• No work life balance huge politics no farm work in company (in 11 reviews)

"Better Off Being Unemployed Then Working At Ocwen"

Former Employee - Document Execution Specialist in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Document Execution Specialist in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Ocwen Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is not one positive thing about work for this horrible company.

Cons

Where do I begin. Incompetent Managers and Senior Management staff. No leadership because no manager at Ocwen knows what the word "leadership" means. Management sets unrealistic and unobtainable goals due to processes and procedures changing constantly and most of the time they don't advise the employees of the changes and then will write them up and put people on probation the second they make a mistake.
    Management does not care about their employees and If you show any signs of being unhappy about working at Ocwen management and HR will suggest that you should leave the company because you are the problem and Ocwen is a "wonderful place to work" and you alone are the cause of the entire company's morale being low.
    if Ocwen responds to this post with the crap line of "We are sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience working at Ocwen but things have changed since you left and we are committed to our employees well being...." DON'T BUY IT because it's a load of bull and nothing has changed. Ocwen only cares about Ocwen and the employees are as disposals as tissues.

Advice to Management

Get a clue as to what it really means to be a Manager and a Leader and then maybe you will understand why people hate working at Ocwen

Jul 26, 2017 – Director, Talent

While we are disappointed that you were not satisfied with the leadership here at Ocwen, we do care about our employees and want Ocwen to be a place where everyone feels that their opinion and voice... More

"High Turnover"

I have been working at Ocwen Financial full-time

Pros

I am struggling with thinking of one... good location

Cons

Building , management , lack of training , constant off-shoring of jobs, numerous lay-offs

Advice to Management

Start with a whole new executive and mid-level management. Hire leaders that are motivators and business smart

Jul 26, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

We’re always interested in working toward an environment in which all our employees are happy and comfortable. We encourage you to speak with our HR team or your direct manager so that we can help... More

"Under appreciated"

Current Employee - Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ocwen Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get a paycheck and a decent pto package. I can't think of anything else positive about working here. Due to layoffs many people are gone.

Cons

No raises or bonuses in my area for 2 years, other groups and management still receive and discuss. Cooperation from other departments is awful.

"Relationship Manager"

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Ocwen Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

6 years ago a great company to work.

Cons

They really don't care anymore about US employees. They are moving the Departments overseas, most of them to India (the owner of the company is Indian ). When the loss mitigation closed operations at West Palm Beach Florida, the staff received a job offer supossely from a Company (Homeward ) with the condition to resign to the severance package from Ocwen....even do that they are not the same Company. Been in a state that the cost of living is so high and the unemployment benefits max is $275 per week only for 3 months they knew that most of the employees will go for that after they promised free training and pay for LO test ( that overall they did not spend over $2k per empl. Vs. More than $12k or more in the severance packages for each employee ) after 4 or 5 months we realize that we was rob by this employer. If you want a good advice just keep your actual jod or just keep looking stay away for Ocwen or Homeward.

Advice to Management

Advice???? They really don't care. Management only look for their own benefit. They willing to lie for the Company. Is just a big circus.

Jul 27, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

While our companies do make department changes like all companies, any change is made with great care for our employees providing them with options and opportunities. For anyone who chose the option... More

"I wouldn't recommend this place to work"

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

lack of communication, deceitful and not trustworthy

"No value to the company"

Former Employee - Home Retention Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Home Retention Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Ocwen Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We were in a nice building.

Cons

Calls were monitored by people in other countries that didn't understand our culture of communication.

Advice to Management

Stop outsourcing jobs to other countries.

7. "What am I missing?"

I have been working at Ocwen Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work. You have to be self-managing and motivated individuals will love this place. If you have an issue with this place, you've apparently not worked at many others. Snowflakes need not apply.

Cons

The CFPB continues to bully a company that has consistently shown it's trying to help the consumer with the most modifications in the industry.

Advice to Management

Haters gonna hate.

"Absolute worst company."

Current Employee - Investor Relations in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Investor Relations in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Ocwen Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

paycheck, there is AC in the building, they have pto, they are a company? they have desks? they have computers?

Cons

This place is not a place to have a career. There is no job security, the technology and processes are outdated, the people aren't intelligent. They just want warm bodies to push buttons and they can fire them at any time for any reason. If you have any sense you will not work.

Advice to Management

Is anyone in the organization competent? Hope someone in the place can take responsibility for their actions, harm caused to the consumer and just plain idiocy. You know what they say, 'you can put lipstick on a pig'. Avoid at all cost.

"Underwriter"

Current Employee - Underwriter in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Boston, MA

I have been working at Ocwen Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Remote, benefits, have a great reward system for clean qa approvals, sporadic trainings but in depth when they have them, solid pay.

Cons

They do base incentive off units, which is against govt guidelines, bc that creates a problem, in with which it has created a problem, they want to close everything, thus still being the sub prime lender reputation they had and still have. Management is too busy, the management had a hard time helping their employees, it was basically, that's wrong, you suck, you should have known that. Sales runs the place and talks to the underwriters like garbage. They will go over your head for everything. This place is in trouble for valid reasons, stay away.

Advice to Management

Take time to coach employees when they make a mistake, allow your underwriters make judgement calls and stick by them. Offer a situational underwriting help desk so uws can call to ask questions instead of wait around for leads to get back to them back.

"Loss Mitigation Specialist"

I worked at Ocwen Financial full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Provided very good training.

Cons

Lots of layoffs and Outsourcing to India

Advice to Management

n/a

May 26, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to gives us your feedback. We appreciate you and the time you’ve worked at Ocwen Financial.