Odesus Reviews | Glassdoor

Robert Michaels

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great company to work"

I worked at Odesus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are given the opportunity to work without being micro managed or the unnecessary processes that can get in the way. The account managers know their clients and market well. This is a great company if you are driven and don't need a lot of hand-holding.

Cons

The work load can get very busy at times

"Exponential Growth & Positivity!"

I have been working at Odesus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Odesus has developed me from an employee into a hard working professional. They have created the opportunity for hands on learning experiences allowing me to grow and hone my skills.

The team is vibrant and feels like a family, making Odesus a place I enjoy coming to each and every day. They remain motivated and driven for success even with the struggles of the industry. Every one is positive! With quarterly and yearly goals to look forward to allowing for healthy competition, it makes it a lively work environment.

There is great work life balance allowing for mixed schedules and working from home when needed. They offer access to the building gym, provide healthy snacks, and standing desks all in efforts to promote a healthy life style!

Overall, excellent place to work and keep growing. Not just a job, its a career! They offer a competitive salary and comp. plan as well as PTO benefits and 401k!

Cons

The staffing industry is a difficult sphere to work in, know that it will require hard work to remain competitive.

Advice to Management

Keep up all the positive changes you are making. It is already creating a positive difference in work and culture.

"Technical Recruiter"

I worked at Odesus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Odesus provided me with a great opportunity to enhance my career by working with amazing individuals who are professional and knowledgable. The team challenges you to excel at every level and continue to improve.

Cons

Fast pace with sometimes very demanding clients.

"Great Recruiting Company"

I have been working at Odesus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive work environment, everyone is super helpful and welcoming. I've been working for almost two months now and have had nothing but good experiences. Really enjoying working here

Cons

I like a challenge and would like the opportunity to take on more responsibilities. Can't think of any other cons.

"Trusted Recruiters"

Pros

A lot of agencies under-pay their staff and create a cult-like environment to keep their employees. Odesus actually pays fairly, has a much better work/life balance, and trusts their staff enough not to baby them with a set lunch schedule or micromanagement throughout the day. You don't have a manager breathing down your neck and you are trusted to do your job. So many agencies see their recruiters as just a number to be replaced, Odesus actually cares about their employees and seeks out ways to help improve their lives (flexible schedule, some work from home time, etc.).

Cons

Recruiting and account management are not easy jobs--this is not the right job for someone looking to simply collect a paycheck. You must be a very driven, accountable person to be successful.

Advice to Management

Continued growth of new clients and company outings!

"Internal"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Odesus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

hands off management but thats not really the best thing.

Cons

Everything. Pay is horrible, you live in fear of the CEO, and just not a great place.

Advice to Management

Create a culture.

"Good, but could be better"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Odesus (More than a year)

Pros

Quick to communicate when you first start

Cons

Forgets the lower paid employees

Advice to Management

Make the effort to talk with all your employees

"Great place to work with untapped opportunity!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

I have nothing but great things to say about Odesus! I left another IT staffing company where the employees weren't treated fairly, the base pay was very low, and recruiters had to compete with each other to make placements. My time at Odesus has been the complete opposite. All the Account Executives have great client relationships and they are all willing to help in anyway to help you succeed. The CEO and upper management are all understanding of work/life balance and they don't mind listening to any input or recommendations you might have. The office space is nice and big and the snack bar is not to shabby either! All of the recruiters bring a different element to the company and we all get along. I am looking forward in the future here at odesus.

Cons

My commute is not the greatest and traffic gets really congested almost all day around the 405 fwy and Wilshire Blvd. area but I make it work and management is flexible with work schedule.

Advice to Management

Only advice I have is keep the lines of communication between operations, management, and recruiters open.

"Great experience and Learning a lot"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Odesus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been at Odesus for just over a year and a half. At first it was tough getting into the groove of things, just as any job is. I am now growing in my position and enjoying the people that I work and the work that I do every day.

My fellow employees, like me, are hard workers but we have a good work/life balance and I feel like the superiors and the company owner are understanding of personal time.

The benefits, sick days and vacation days are good and better than most other companies. We even get a few personal days every year, which is great. The building location is great and close to everything. Our office is within a large high rise building, has a clean modern look and there are many other large companies within the building. the security and front desk people are great and make sure that we are safe going in and out of the buliding, at all hours.

Overall, My experience here has been positive and I hope to stay in the company and continue to grow.

Cons

We often have busy times and if you are not willing to work hard, you will be unhappy with any job.

Advice to Management

I would like more personal development opportunities.

"Best staffing agency I've worked for"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Odesus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for several staffing agencies, and Odesus was by far the best one. Some agencies have a very micro-management environment which doesn't bode well with me, and thankfully Odesus was the complete opposite. I was given the freedom and independence to do my job and trusted to do it well. It was also a very fun place to work. We had a great team and the company organized lots of events and happy hours for us.

Cons

The only thing I didn't enjoy were the morning meetings. I think maybe once or twice a week as opposed to every day would've been better.

Advice to Management

I liked occasionally attending client meetings because I think it's motivating to meet the hiring managers in order to understand their needs.