Cover image for Odin

3.3
54% Recommend to a Friend

Found 7 of over 7 reviews

3.3
Odin President  Ken Thompsen (no image)
Ken Thompsen
0 Rating

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

70 Comments

Tech

469.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Odin~685277
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Small, fun team

Jul 20, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy working at Odin. Employees are give the freedom to work on whatever projects they like. Established company so there's not a ton of stress. Fantastic work life balance. A close-knit team that enjoy working with each other.

Cons

Eccentric desktop apps. Lack of communication from certain remote employees.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good, but blot takes a toll

Aug 31, 2015 - Huskarl in Valhalla, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good career opporunities. Great benefits package. Godly peers

Cons

None. Cannot fault this place.

3. Join the Odin team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Very relaxed environment

Dec 6, 2017 - Technical Support in Somerville, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work is learn-as-you-go. The work environment is very relaxed and not stressful at all. Whatever you're interested in, you can work on by helping out in multiple areas. The employees are very kind and add to the feeling of a relaxed work environment. I never felt as though I had to take work home or was forced to work late. I worked here as a temp while I was between jobs, and it was a nice way to work and get paid, without having work stress pile up on you.

Cons

In order to gain more responsibilities or learn new skills, you really have to chase it yourself. No one will drop opportunities in your lap

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great employer

Jul 21, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small company, possibilities to make a change. Good work/ life balance. Easy access to fund managers. Good overview of the organisation. Generous holiday policy

Cons

Became more centralized. Most of the pros listed above became less and less frequent. The direction of the company was not clearly communicated to all of its employees

6. 3.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

"I would work here as a contractor again but I couldn't see myself longterm here"

Dec 8, 2014 - Technical Support in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The other people that worked there were very helpful when they weren't busy dealing with there own problems. They were considerate when I requested a day off.

Cons

The work environment was the living room of a house. There was no privacy from anyone. The work was very demanding at some points and at other points there was nothing going on.

7. 1.0
    Former Contractor

Just a waste of time

Jun 11, 2018 - Anonymous Contractor
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Friendly People -Minamilistic work during school off season

Cons

-I worked as a temp for three months and was allowed to ask for full time after one, but when i was pressing to be paid salary, I saw he had hired 2 extra people while beating around the bush. Not only that, he had made me train one of the new employees a day before I was let go. That was not only extremely unprofessional but degrading. I was a diligent worker who got along with everyone in the office, but the boss cited that the job wasn't a 'fit'.

8. 1.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

total chaos

Sep 23, 2014 - Anonymous Contractor
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had a lot of freedom, got some pretty great experience here, dropping into the very deep end of the pool of information technology. I had previously had zero job experience in technical support or any kind of development, and wound up doing extensive support for a wide variety of things, and acting as lead / sole developer for one project.

Cons

I got to take on any project I liked - because the company was totally disorganized. During the six months that I worked here, I created most of the documentation the company currently uses (to my knowledge). Here's a tip, kids: if someone's trying to hire you to pick up a project built by another developer, and you ask him, "So, what version control are you using?" and he goes "What's that?" and he's been the lead developer and CEO of the company for ~20 years and is currently the only developer involved, that's your cue to RUN LIKE HELL. I sure wish I had. Also, the organization is so small and relies so heavily on burning through temporary workers that there is no opportunity for advancement and extremely high turnover.

3 people found this review helpful