Office Angels Reviews | Glassdoor

Chris Moore

1. "Not Great."

Former Employee - Temps Consultant
    Former Employee - Temps Consultant

I worked at Office Angels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was some good training from higher management Darren and James. The career opportunities are very good.

Cons

After raising complaints about my manager, who offered no training what so ever, I feel i was left with no choice but to leave. The first branch manager i had who had been there 8 years never did any training with me other than sending me to academy totally unprepared and the new manager who i can only describe as lazy and sly constantly made snide personal remarks, criticized but didn't help come up with a plan to help me improve which after a serious lack of training, i would have expected ! The majority of people i dealt with at a higher level were very supportive. The trainers at academy were fantastic it is just a shame that support did not continue within my own office.

Advice to Management

Make sure Branch Managers are actually helping members of staff develop and not just putting them down. Especially when people are totally new to the industry.

"Poor management, poor training, worst job I've ever had!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Office Angels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honestly? Nothing. Apart from the girls in my branch, the rest was horrible.

Cons

- My Branch Manager was horrible. He picked on how I dressed, how I spoke, promised incentives and never delivered (eg. if you make 50 calls today I'll reward you. I'd make the calls and then when I told him he'd say- yeah? well that's your job so, carry on!)
    - I felt guilty every time I had to take annual leave. You're made to feel like you owe the company something for not being there
    - Complete favortism and discrimination
    - Absolutely NO training. I went into Consultant work having no experience and I was given no help.
    - I cried at my desk almost every day due to stress. My manager and senior consultants made me feel irrelevant and when I needed help I felt I couldn't ask for fear of their reaction
    - No employee benefits whatsoever

Advice to Management

I'm beyond advice to management. Thank GOD I don't work there anymore.

3. "Poor Management!"

I have been working at Office Angels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company Brand, nice offices

Cons

Very Bad management, rude and no interest in you are a person, with a failure to get with modern times! I wanted to implement a 'modern' strategy on how to increase revenue for the office, this was turned down as 'no finances' and I can't believe they are still using the whole 'kitkat / donut drop' marketing idea. Very old and it does not work!!!!

Advice to Management

Hire decent managers who know how to Manage and increase awareness in the local community!

"Good for work in between jobs"

Pros

It's well run- you have face-to-face contact with those responsible for getting you work. There are good benefits such as holiday pay, free Friday lunch, travel expenses (although often this works out more expensive than paying yourself) and of course, a great variety in the different places you could be working from week to week.

Cons

After working on/off for Office Angels for 5 years, I was still on the same hourly rate and no matter how many times I requested an increase, I was rarely offered any jobs paying more. The work itself was often mind-numbingly dull- I was just told to sit and wait for the phone to ring on numerous occasions. In the last few years, the work became fairly sporadic too, I would just get a booking here or there, which was frustrating.

Advice to Management

On more than one occasion I was offered a new booking when I was already working- there was some miscommunication in the office.

6. "Candidate review of Office Angels"

Former Employee - Administration Assistant
    Former Employee - Administration Assistant

I worked at Office Angels full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very friendly team, became good work contacts. Loyal to long term temporary staff. Work placements were suitable for what I was looking for and they always did their best for me even when not much work locally.

Cons

Timesheets are still being requested by fax machine, it really should be online like most other agencies. There is very little in the way of securing part time positions, which I now need, almost all roles are full time 5 days per week and they didn't seem able to negotiate with companies much flexibility even though my skills and expertise are high.

7. "A great learning experience for a graduate but high sales target"

Former Employee - Permanent Recruitment in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Permanent Recruitment in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Pros

Training courses provided are excellent
    Excellent Christmas party and social activities

Cons

Super sales focused, high target and little sympathy for lack of conversions. There will be cold calls, cold visits and high expectations

"Good experience. Excellent agency for temporary positions"

Former Employee - Temporary Call Center Agent in Lincoln, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Temporary Call Center Agent in Lincoln, England (UK)

Pros

The recruiting staff were excellent. Communication was first-class. They displayed much more concern in my needs and happiness than many other temporary agencies I've dealt with who seem to be 100% client orientated and not much interested for the staff that actually do the work.

Cons

Few significant downsides. Only real problem I encountered was that the payroll team got my tax coding wrong for the first few weeks and thus I was over-taxed. However, this was resolved in a reasonable time-frame and the monvey reimbursed.

Advice to Management

I had few issues or problems working for Office Angels, so I assume the management team are doing their job effectively.

9. "Nice and friendly consultants - good for finding temporary assignments"

I have been working at Office Angels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Consultants treat you like real people and actively try to help you find work

Cons

Typical low wages associated with temp work

"A great company with excellent training"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Brighton, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Brighton, England (UK)

I worked at Office Angels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was promoted to a Senior Consultant within my first 12 months due to the support and clear progression planning which came from a talented leader and learning and development team.

Cons

Recruitment is a competitive industry and in my market, it was particularly tough, however that isn't to do with OA. The systems are dated, however I know they are investing in a new system this year.

11. "I learnt everything I know with Office Angels which has enabled me to go on and own my own recruitment agency."

Former Employee - Candidate Consults Then Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Office Angels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are fun yet professional, they are knowledgable yet not pretentious, they are approachable and caring. They are passionate not only in what they do but in the development of their staff. They train well, they invest in their consultants and they recognise good performance. They ensure you are constantly challenged whilst providing the perfect level of support.

Cons

The hours were longer than the 'standard' office hours, however I feel these hours were necessary to deliver the requirement results. Their targets were sometimes extremely high, but again necessary to challenge even accomplished consultants.

Advice to Management

Don't just award the 'top' performers, as these tend to always be from the same branch so they same people get rewarded. Introduce awards/recognition to the smaller, lower billing branches as the consultants there have to work as hard if not harder to achieve the same results. Awards should be given on desks that have been inherited but on the growth of the desk during the consultants employment.