Office Concierge Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Clifford Baker, Simon Cooney & Anne Marie Holland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • My account manager is the only reason I stayed as long as I did (in 10 reviews)

• I started at OC as a FOH receptionist, I was promoted to a Guest Services Manager, then to Front of House Manager on to Head Concierge and finally to (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No exit interview given, no farewell message from account manager (in 16 reviews)

• As I mentioned since I have had no problems with the company, there are no cons from my side (in 5 reviews)

1. "A review for an Elite receptionist"

Former Employee - Elite Receptionist in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Elite Receptionist in London, England (UK)

I worked at Office Concierge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Getting your foot in the door and getting valuable experience. My account manager is the only reason I stayed as long as I did.

Cons

If your not static your treated like temporary staff. Operations shove you from pillar to post with no regards of how it will affect you and your travels. You have to be available from 6 am if you are on standby to find out your where your going and sometimes they call you at 7 am and expect you to be ready to leave and cover a 8 am shift!! There is no progression in the company and Statics are paid £5K more than elites even though elites have more experiences. They promise Elites will be made into statics once they have worked for 12-18 months. Do not count on that as they lose elites due to their lies. Operations are a joke. Very rude and have no compassion if you are sick. They expect you to take a painkiller and still go into work.

Advice to Management

Ops needs more training - the amount of times they mess up no organisation whats so ever. Elite manager should have 25 elites to an account manager. 1 person can not handle 100 elites!! you need to re-think this. Elites be first chioce to become static - not get a person from outside the company it is not fair on elites. No sense of loyalty

"Honest review"

Current Employee - Corporate Receptionist in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Corporate Receptionist in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Some nice colleagues
    - Opportunity to make new contacts and meet people
    - Gives you the experience to find a better job

Cons

- Massive employee turnover. Constant hiring, training and resigning cycle. Elites are not given a chance for progression at all.
    - Zero progression opportunities. There is not such a thing as "internal recruitment". If you are receptionist you are expected to be happy with it FOREVER. If you dare to ask for some progression opportunities in the Head office, for example, you will be looked at as an alien. There are many qualified and educated people within statics and elites, if you guys give them the opportunity to progress you will have much stronger Operations, HR etc because people will actually stay in this company.
    - Not very nice uniform. Used and old-fashioned. Not to mention the bun and fake pearls you are required to wear. Please walk into a building where the receptionist is not from Office concierge and see how receptionists dress up in 2017. You also get 2 uniforms which you are expected to take to dry cleaning every time (this is toxic by the way, just google dry cleaning toxic and thank me later) and dry cleaners normal service usually takes one week, so you are supposed to wear the same uniform for a week. If you try to protect your dignity and personal hygiene you will be ignored. Sometimes the elites have to wear someone`s else uniform without any washing or dry cleaning before that.
    - No Christmas party last year and not any party or event at all during 2017. December 2016 they announced that there will be no Christmas party because they were planning to throw few smaller events during the year. Well, it is almost November 2017 and I haven`t been invited to one yet.
    - Gossipy and favouritism culture.
    - Very hard to book holidays when you want to. Between Christmas and New Year, for example, it is almost mission impossible.
    - If you have a doctor appointment they ask for a prove although they deduct the time from your salary. No matter how personal is the matter - you have to prove it.
    - No salary review every year as in other companies. They show zero appreciation for your service, loyalty, patience. Zero.
    - Thee last 3 reviews have strangely the same style and look a bit fishy after all previous reviews which are more realistic.

Advice to Management

As mentioned before - value your staff, give them the opportunity to grow and develop. Learn your lesson, this massive turnover is FOR a reason. Respect your employees. Invest in new uniforms, step into the future.

3. "A foot in the door"

I worked at Office Concierge full-time

Pros

It is a good company to work for if you have no experience working in the corporate environment.

Cons

Long hours, minimal employee benefits, and limited career progression. Competition has better remuneration.

Advice to Management

Listen and support your employees more as they are the main asset of your business.

4. "Personal Progress Review"

Current Employee - Front of House Receptionist in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Front of House Receptionist in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Since working with Office Concierge over the past 3 years i have had a great experience within the Company. I started off as a Dedicated Elite (Permanent cover) i then moved my way up in to a permanent role within a great site which suits my personality perfectly! I have also gone through the process of having to tupe over to another company as i loved my site so much! but unfortunately the other company stood no comparison to Office Concierge. Over all the Company do all they can to support you and make you feel comfortable. I am now in an Amazing site with the best team and fully supported by my account Manager and the Head Office if they are needed. I have had nothing but positive experiences with office Concierge and hope this will only continue. Thank you for all that you do!

Cons

During my time with Office Concierge i have experienced no cons so have none to add as of yet!

Advice to Management

Keep doing the amazing job that you are doing.

Office Concierge Response

Sep 13, 2017 – Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for your comments; we are delighted that you have chosen to share your Office Concierge journey with others. We pride ourselves on developing and supporting our employees and it is... More

5. "Brilliant Experience – Excellent Elite & Static Roles"

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

During my time as an Elite for Office Concierge from November 2016, I have thoroughly enjoyed working with a positive, exciting and professional company.

I have gained a profound portfolio of experience working at high profile sites, including front of house and in house receptions.

The company as a whole are hardworking, goal setters who give many opportunities to progress through personal development. The teams within the company are extremely supportive and challenging in a positive way which has enabled me to be push myself above my boundaries developing further in this industry.

I have enjoyed and learnt so much from being an Elite it has led me to as a Static at one prestigious site. The elite role has given me so much progression to be able to provide a high standard and I am always grateful for the opportunity the company has given me.

Cons

This is not applicable from experience.

Advice to Management

Management are extremely supportive and hard working for each individual, the teams and the sites which I hope will continue.

6. "Nice friendly environment"

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time

Pros

As a static my experience has been a positive experience with OC. Our team of three started all together at the same time and we had really good management support! My team of 3 are also so helpful. They provide you with good training, and you can benefit from gaining first aid training through the company which is good to add on your CV.

Cons

Depending on what site you are on, you may have to work longer shifts

7. "Happy to be part of OC"

Current Employee - Reception Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Reception Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

OC will give you the opportunity learn and improve yourself! Management will motivate you and always be supportive, of course this is my personal experience but waking up in the morning and being happy to go to work is a privilege!
    I feel that OC takes sincere care of the employees and management is always open to your ideas so that you feel real part of the company and not just a number on their paycheck!

Cons

I wouldnt go for the Elite Position

8. "Don't knock it till you have tried it"

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time

Pros

I joined OC almost a month ago as an Elite Receptionist. I'm really pleased with what I have achieved so far and I get to meet great people everyday. No day is the same and it's a challenge that keeps me going. I work with such a lovely team at many of the sites I visit and this for me is vital as it encourages me and gives me support to get on with my job. Like every job, there are difficult moments but nothing that can't be dealt with. Elites play an important role for OC, and the experience you gain on your cv is amazing. If your looking to progress within the company, you have to STAND out.

Cons

Changing your uniform all the time

Advice to Management

Consistency needs to be applied to all sites not just the ones with team leaders and reception managers. Operations should allow elites to have at least 1day full training before covering sites, not 10mins then expect magic to happen.

9. "I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for OC"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Office Concierge full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I started at OC as a FOH receptionist, I was promoted to a Guest Services Manager, then to Front of House Manager on to Head Concierge and finally to Front of house Estate Manager. Each of these roles I was contracted to work for various high profile clients.
    I was fortunate to work closely with the senior management of the company which enabled me to gain a strong understanding of how the company works.
    The team are incredibly supportive, from the Directors down. I worked hard and I was rewarded, not just with promotions but with various awards, Selfridges vouchers etc.
    There are many great company perks as well, such as a great basic annual leave entitlement (and you accrue more with the years you have worked there), high street discounts etc

Cons

Sometimes holiday requests would be rejected which could be infuriating, however when you understand how the company is structured to work and cover sickness/leave/appointments etc, you absolutely understand why this happens.

Advice to Management

Ensure employees throughout the business are taught how the company is structured to ensure a transparent understanding of policies and procedures.

10. "Current Elite"

Current Employee - Elite Corporate Receptionist
    Current Employee - Elite Corporate Receptionist

Pros

Miti Moraes

2 weeks ago
    Currently Elite.

I have been working alongside OC for many years before I decided to apply for an Elite role .
    My decision was great with no regrets .
    I have the opportunity to learn in different sites( up to 50) , all the information I retained and the knowledge I earn from the Elite role are massive and I will be able to apply it on my professional carrier with success .
    As an elite you obtain plenty of different ideas which is always useful during your professional carrier to provide great ideas for improvements between site to site or even at a future job role .
    Office Concierge are just like any other great company , if you do your best they will also do their best for you .
    Elite role are suitable for people whom are disciplined and responsible.
    I am a currently work nearly 1 year as an Elite and I am pleased to work with Office Concierge , specially with my lovely managers : Daniel & Helena

Cons

Nothing to say in this article.

Advice to Management

I would suggest the Elite role to be applied for everyone before turn on as static .

Office Concierge Response

Jun 19, 2017 – Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for taking the time to review your time in the Front of House Elite role. We are so pleased to hear you are having such a positive time with us and we truly value the work you do.